Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VW/Porsche Golf 928
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
leif

The Golf 928 was the ultimate sleeper...Made by Porsche...The Golf928 was built on a widened chassis modified to be a RWD car

Imagine pulling up to a light in your hot civic...beside a guy in armani in a 20 yearold Golf...and he gets off the line faster than a 911

Very cool

Displacement: 4474cc
BHP: 240
Torque: 267

0-60: 7.5 seconds
top speed: 145

This was not a normal production car...It was more of a design study commisioned by a northern german VW/Porsche dealership...however the uniqueness and coolnes of this car make it something more special than your normal limmited special runs.
dukenukem
some more details would be welcomed smile.gif
leif
trying to find them now

Edit: There we go if there is anything i could add...or anything you want to know...ask and I'll try to find it
nismo
it's an obese golf on steriods! Sehr gut!
dukenukem
cool for the concept ... not frozen cuz it was never produced.
McKhaos
Interesting . It's frozen because it's so rare .
tune
Frozen, if it was mint condition, the picture looks a bit rough, but I agree that it is the ultimate sleeper! I vote frozen.
Jordan
awsome car, but thats not faster of the line than a 911. i vote frozen just cause i am a biased sucker for anything Porsche.

Edit: wait, in its time, i am sure it was faster than the current 911.
Black RSX
Sleepers rock!! thumbs_up.gif (Well a sleeper back in its day...)
Phix
Ooo, nice. I think the front is too wide with a lot of wasted space so I gotta go with cool isntead of frozen.
bankE46
how does a golf with 240hp and RWD only make 7.5 up to 60? granted the wrx is geared for accel, with less than that i can do low 6's. it doesnt look heavy...
leif
it also does close to 250km/h which is fast in the day for any car...i think most 911s were able to muster 270km/h in those days
m_weinerich
WHO VOTED UNCOOL IM GONNA CUT THEIR BALLZ OFF! angry.gif
The Milky Man
I'm just not buying it. Uncool.
nismo
QUOTE(V12 @ Jan 30 2005, 06:00 PM)
I'm just not buying it. Uncool.

What you think It's a fake?
one
QUOTE(m_weinerich @ Jan 23 2005, 10:50 AM)
WHO VOTED UNCOOL IM GONNA CUT THEIR BALLZ OFF! angry.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif thumbs_up.gif
The Milky Man
QUOTE(nismo @ Jan 30 2005, 08:25 PM)
What you think It's a fake?

No, it just looks like an unnatural blend. Porsche making a Golf? Seems weird to me.
leif
any different from renault taking a hatch back...and putting the engine in the back? not really...nor is is it very much different from sticking a huge V8 into a british sports car (read shelby cobra roadster)

This sort of thing has been going on for years...and has often produced some of the most sought after cars.

Now do you get it?
White RSX
It's a one-off, therefore it phails at the cool wall correct?
clarkma5
QUOTE(White RSX @ Jan 31 2005, 09:12 PM)
It's a one-off, therefore it phails at the cool wall correct?

We've had this discussion. Leif got all pissy. The rules are vague enough that it stays, and it's not hurting anything, so whatever.
leif
it was not a one off...jeeze! there were 10 made...which is 6 more than the daytona cobra coupe...and 1 more than the dauer porsche 962...all which are cars i think would have made it onto this wall...

the rules make an exception for companies like RUF or Shelby...etc...

This is what the ETC is there for in my opininon
clarkma5
The et cetera is there to denote other WELL-KNOWN tuners (I should know, I wrote that damn line, I knew exactly what I was writing) but the fact of the matter is that this isn't hurting anything by not following the letter of the law so it doesn't matter.
leif
clarkman...would the 250 GTO be allowed to compete?
DakianDelomast
freaked.gif
clarkma5
QUOTE(leif @ Feb 1 2005, 05:27 PM)
clarkman...would the 250 GTO be allowed to compete?

...of course, it's a production model from Ferrari.

Although I think it's already been posted.
leif
how many were made in original guise?
DakianDelomast
Leif would you shut up. The car's in the cool wall, made it to the cool section, and that's where its staying.
leif
when someone includes in their comments "he whined and it got in" i get pissed off...i have a valid argument...and ill be damned if someone is going to say it got in cuz i whined...
DakianDelomast
It is because you whined. YOU ARE A WHINER. You PMed me asking if I could override clark because he was being unfair. That, my friend, is whining.
clarkma5
Your argument is not valid because the presence of a car in the cool wall has nothing to do with its production numbers, it has to do with its origins. If ferrari makes two cars that are sold to the public, it can go in...if some guy in his mom's basement makes 100 cars that's not valid because the cool wall does not recognize him as an origin for cars to be voted on.

Cool wall voting is only done on cars that are from established manufacturers or well known tuners, and we do have a clause that lets users get their personal vehicles voted on. The nameless dealer who produced this special Golf is not an established manufacturer or a well-known tuner, so by the rules it shouldn't be here, but you've been granted an exception because I was trying to stop your moaning.
leif
you two are rediculus...you beleive that a conversation...or an apeal to a decision is whining...it is how people learn things that they dont already know...

i.e. clarkman: the 250 GTO was made from the chassis of the 250 SWB ...less than 20 were ever made...it was never a production model...it was a homogilation special

the Yenko camaro was made in limmited numbers by one dealership...yet you would let it ride if it were on here.

This is the same situation...and I was prevented from pointing this out to clarkman publicly because he deleted my post...something he aparently does at will...and then locked it...i have seen countles posts with the phrase" hey who modified my post" the most recent (which i can remember) involved the person who started the cabrio poll....clarkman deleted some of the poll options because he felt (impotrant distinction) that they did not belong

you are running a forum...and things that get posted are going to offend you view point...some people are going to make polls with obserd choices...and if you want to object...do it like the rest of us...and express yourself...

In my opinion (and you can correct me on this one) is that the rules were designed prevent jimmy rice-rocket from posting his fart canoned neon on here...not to prevent the posting of interesting cars so that other people can become more intrested in them. isnt this what this forums goal should be...to help car enthusiasts better understand the community...and learn about cars within it?

am I wrong...? Why is this? can you provide a valad argument without simply deleting this post...or calling me a whiner?
clarkma5
Alright, that S2000 thing was dumb...I shouldn't've messed with b00st's poll...but that's outside the issue. I delete posts, yes, and will continue to do so. Wishy-washy moderation wastes everyone's time and gets nothing done.

As for you, I can hardly believe you are continuing to argue with dakian and I about the cool wall...WE FUCKING MADE THE COOL WALL AND WE MADE THE RULES. We KNOW what we meant when we wrote them down, so if you're interpretation differs from ours, you should know who's right!!

The rules are to prevent weird one-offs like the one you posted making it into the forums, as well as johnny fart can's riced neon. I will say it for the millionth time: established manufacturers, well-known tuners, and user's rides are allowed. Anything that isn't that is not allowed.

And with that I consider this converstation ended. And for the record, I have no clue what the Yenko Camaro is.
Mr b00st
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Feb 1 2005, 08:38 PM)
Alright, that S2000 thing was dumb...I shouldn't've messed with b00st's poll...but that's outside the issue. I delete posts, yes, and will continue to do so. Wishy-washy moderation wastes everyone's time and gets nothing done.

As for you, I can hardly believe you are continuing to argue with dakian and I about the cool wall...WE FUCKING MADE THE COOL WALL AND WE MADE THE RULES. We KNOW what we meant when we wrote them down, so if you're interpretation differs from ours, you should know who's right!!

The rules are to prevent weird one-offs like the one you posted making it into the forums, as well as johnny fart can's riced neon. I will say it for the millionth time: established manufacturers, well-known tuners, and user's rides are allowed. Anything that isn't that is not allowed.

And with that I consider this converstation ended. And for the record, I have no clue what the Yenko Camaro is.

your HTML is showing ;-)
R. Waters
so it's a one-off?
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(R. Waters @ Feb 25 2005, 12:17 AM)
so it's a one-off?

STFU
Halflifehavock13
Sleepers are the best cars out there!

No one likes a car that looks faster than it is, because the only reason people drive em is because they buy them for the looks. When a car looks boring but hauls ass, thats when you know that the guys who built it took most of their time under the hood, NOT ON TOP OF IT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.