Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MG X-Power SV
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
jbzonda
it looks beefy from the front vew, i dont like the rims, and the back sint too bad looking, i vote cool

bing5500
Uncool to me...too much "boy racer" in the styling.
LoudPipe
Bad build quality, ugly as hell but also goes like hell biggrin.gif I like it
PAULIE_D
Remember this pic I grabbed a while back? (prior to production) It was being flown in for testing.

http://www.supload.com/012005/Power_SV_resized.jpg

Earns a cool vote from me. I would have voted frozen but the styling is a bit of a let-down.
NorthPoint
Raw, underdeveloped, poor build quality, incredibly powerful, and most likely dangerous... Frozen.
clarkma5
Not that fast, styling that is boring and ridiculous, not even a hint of pedigree. I like rooting for underdogs, but this isn't even that good...it's just hopeless.

Uncool.
Patrick
screw you guys tard.gif ........ I like it wink.gif
tune
Cool because it has a V8 and I quite like the styling despite what others say. But it's definately no value for money, there was an article in Auto Express about this and the Noble - it's nowhere near as fast but has a price tag that would suggest it is twice as fast!

I think it's cool because it will be one of those cars that were never popular in the future, but everyone wil be saying, "hey I remember that car, it was Old School!"
dukenukem
its a jumpted up mustang that costs wayy too much for no real performance gain .uncool.
marcos_eirik
That is frooooozen.... You just got to see it in real life. And hear it, OMG... Its soo cool. Its' got a carbonfiber construction an you can opt for a thousand hp... tard.gif
jbzonda
some specs:

prics: $120,000
Curb Weight: 1540 kg / 3395 lbs
Layout: Front Engine / RWD
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Engine
Type: 4.6 Liter Ford Cobra SVT 90 V8
Displacement: 4601 cc
Horsepower: 320.0 bhp at 6000 rpm
Torque: 317 ft lbs at 4750 rpm
Redline: 6800 rpm

Performance
0-60 mph: 5.3 seconds
Top Speed: 265.5 kph / 165.0 mph
clarkma5
see? It just isn't that fast. You can get a basic 911 Carrera for that much (in britain) that's going to weigh less, go faster, handle better, last longer, and be more comfortable.
tune
QUOTE(marcos_eirik @ Jan 5 2005, 11:29 PM)
That is frooooozen.... You just got to see it in real life. And hear it, OMG... Its soo cool. Its' got a carbonfiber construction an you can opt for a thousand hp... tard.gif

Oh yeh I remember now, you can upgrade the performance, which includes adding Nitrous. I don't know why as it is illegal in Britain.
Autovisie
QUOTE(tune @ Jan 6 2005, 02:21 PM)
Oh yeh I remember now, you can upgrade the performance, which includes adding Nitrous. I don't know why as it is illegal in Britain.

The nitrous option is not available on the production model.. It was a marketing stunt.. thumbs_down.gif
tune
QUOTE(Autovisie @ Jan 6 2005, 01:54 PM)
The nitrous option is not available on the production model.. It was a marketing stunt.. thumbs_down.gif

Tut tut MG.
LoudPipe
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jan 6 2005, 01:53 AM)
see? It just isn't that fast. You can get a basic 911 Carrera for that much (in britain) that's going to weigh less, go faster, handle better, last longer, and be more comfortable.

You can get the car with different power levels, the craziest was over 800hp. I think that might be fast enough
Mellender17
Cool, a limited production sports car. And it's an MG! biggrin.gif
DakianDelomast
That's right my vote put it in the frozen section. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.