Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiat X1/9
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
PAULIE_D
In 1972, the Bertone designed, mid-engined Fiat X1/9 entered production. The small spider made it's debut with a 1,300 cc engine from the Fiat 128. It was made for driving pleasure while keeping fuel consumption to a minimum. In 1978, the 1,500 cc engine from the Fiat Rhythm was used. Approximately 170,000 units were produced.

Its wedge-like lines, the high and short tail, massive front cowling and it's vents, proclaim that under the bold exterior lies one revolutionary mechanical disposition of a car. The X1/9's racing-inspired mid-engine layout is a testament to this.

*Translated from Italian

Motor
4 cylinders inline
Compression ratio: 8.9:1
Valvetrain: OHV with single camshaft, 8 valves.
Induction: double carburetor body Weber 32DMTR22
Maximum power: 75 hp @ 6,000 RPM (85 hp @ 5800 RPM on the second generation).
Piston displacement total: 1,290 cc (1491 cc on the second generation)
Bore x Stroke: 84x 88,5 milimeter.

Transmission
RWD; manual transmission, 4-speed, synchronized) (5-speed, synchronized on the second generation)
Single-disc clutch

Chassis
Independent front with Mc Pherson struts with oblique arms, lungitudinal struts, telescopic shock-absorber. Independent rear with Mc Pherson struts with triangular
oscillating arms, with telescopic shocks-absorber.
Brakes: hydraulic with discs
Tires: 145 HR 13

Dimensions and weight
front track 1,335 milimeter, rear track 1,343 milimeter; length 3,830 milimeter,width 1,570 milimeter, height 1,170 milimeter. Weight kg 880

Performance
The maximum speed: 170 km/h (185 km/h for the second generation).

More info here.

More pics here.
LoudPipe
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Jan 3 2005, 08:06 PM)
Fiat Rhythm

Lol. It's Fiat Ritmo. Or Strada on certain markets (like the UK)

I thoght they also had TC engines in X1/9's too... I might be wrong though

Back on topic. Really cool
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(LoudPipe @ Jan 3 2005, 12:17 PM)
Lol. It's Fiat Ritmo. Or Strada on certain markets (like the UK)

I thoght they also had TC engines in X1/9's too... I might be wrong though

Oops. I guess the online translator that I used translated 'Ritmo' into 'Rhythm' which is actually the correct translation. smile.gif
LoudPipe
Yeah, that's what I figured
dukenukem
i like the light looking design . i give it a cool.
DakianDelomast
FROOOOOOOOZEN
Pking688
1/9 of a crappy car

and its a fiat you guys are fucking nuts
PAULIE_D
Oooo... the voting is currently a 50/50 split. Exciting.
tune
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Jan 13 2005, 10:18 AM)
Oooo... the voting is currently a 50/50 split. Exciting.

It wasn't, but now it is again. biggrin.gif
Mellender17
Little Fiat sports car! Awesome. Definetley frozen! biggrin.gif
Renesis
barely cool..
5LiterMustang
frozen...

my dad used to have one and almost bought me one smile.gif
Phix
Me being a HUGE fan of the MR2 cannot possibly hate this. Frozen. Just wish it had atleast 100bhp.
green73ta
I always liked these, particularly the lime green ones for some odd reason.

Froze from it's noze to it's toze!
Viper007Bond
How did this make it into "frozen" with it being a split between frozen and uncool? OMG OPER ABUSE

Average it and put it in cool.

I voted uncool BTW.
DakianDelomast
It was frozen before you voted you tard.
Cyclone
<!--QuoteBegin-Viper007Bond+Jan 17 2005, 10:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Viper007Bond @ Jan 17 2005, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> How did this make it into "frozen" with it being a split between frozen and uncool? OMG OPER ABUSE

Average it and put it in cool.

I voted uncool BTW. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Also its closer to being Sub zero than Micheal Bolton uncool, therefore if you average it out it'd still be frozen.

Also I love this car. One of the many MR2 rumours was that the MR2 was based on this car. An upgrade of sorts heh.
Cyclone
^ WTf happened to my post?
Autovisie
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Jan 22 2005, 07:46 AM)
^ WTf happened to my post?

It looks like a HTML fuckup.. Which is quite wierd if you ask me.
speedyK
It was great to drive precisse and responsive steering and an unburstable engine that thrived on revs. First brand new car I ever bought was an X1/9 1500.

The design was truly ingenious compact dimensions, yet loads of load space with front and rear boots, really simple and effective targa top that is removed in seconds and fits in the front boot.

A car with real zest there was nothing to get near it an as a driver's car at the price. You don't need big bhp to have fun! This car felt good with every drive, whether blasting along twisty country lanes or crossing Europe cruising at 110mph.

We won't talk about the rust... happy2.gif

IMO, one of the all-time greats and can only be "frozen".
speedyK
According to the votes cast so far this should be in "Frozen" smile.gif
DakianDelomast
It was uncool before people started changing the position. It has to be a GLARING majority before the car is moved.
speedyK
Well, any political party can only dream of a 60% majority and the X1/9 is getting 60% cool/frozen.

Not very democratic or representative to keep it in "uncool"... sad.gif
speedyK
Ah-ha! In "Cool" now at least it's moving in the right direction to represent the votes cast tongue.gif
Halflifehavock13
http://www.thhe.dk/biler/Fiat_X1_9.wav

Sounds good thumbs_up.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.