Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hyundai Tiburon
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
Phix

Top of the line model GT V6 SE comes with a 2.7L V6 making about 172bhp and a 6-speed close ratio transmisison (I /think/). I'm actually a big fan of the styling especially the front. Too bad it's Korean and the performance is tripe. I rate it a cool. What do you people think? And I HOPE I used the search function properly and made sure nobody else already posted this....
clarkma5
I think it's cool...I mean, honestly, how can you get any less pretentious than a hyundai? Lotsa people say it ripped off the looks of the Ferrari 456, but I think hyundai just designed a wedgy sport coupe and that the similarities are more coincidental than intentional.
Overheat
Cool if you like frogs - I don't particularly.
marcos_eirik
I think this is the first cool Korean car... Not frozen but just cool... It doesent pretend to be anything else than what it is...
høgh
Cool, dont like the looks that much though...
Cyclone
I think it looks great! As somebody said, the only cool Korean car.
dukenukem
Cheap, good to drive, excellent warranty and not that bad to look at ... cool
Black RSX
Put some nice rims... and just a small drop and the car does look really good.

They are quick... handle ok....

Borderline for me... but I will say cool... cause I do always catch myself checking them out..
DakianDelomast
Uncool because the assholes racing them always try and race me.
Black RSX
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Dec 28 2004, 01:27 AM)
Uncool because the assholes racing them always try and race me.

Do they win or lose??

I crushed the one I raced... Started 1 car length behind him... by 90mph I was about 2 car lengths ahead... biggrin.gif
DakianDelomast
I don't bother responding.
Ultra_Kool_Dude
Uncool - when someone asks, you still have to tell then it's a Hyundai.

I don't think car enthusiasts buy cars based on "coolness" though. I'd rather have something uncool, then less people are going to have one. cool.gif
umop apisdn
Hyundai = cool

ERR: Does not compute.

Its a Hyundai for christs sake.
clarkma5
QUOTE(umop apisdn @ Dec 28 2004, 12:32 AM)
Hyundai = cool

Biases do not compute! Get thee to a nunnery!
umop apisdn
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Dec 27 2004, 11:36 PM)
Hyundai = cool

Underpowered, FWD, Korean, V6.

When you boil it down to the hard facts its just not a performance car. Its a poseur, a wannabe. It trys, but ultimately fails.
Ultra_Kool_Dude
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Dec 27 2004, 11:36 PM)
Hyundai = cool

Hamlet right? DS_Naughty2.gif
bing5500
I like the looks, it is not a bad car for the price you pay and...

It is a Hyundai.

UNCOOL
kbtitan
Pretty cool for a Hyundai. Good little car from what I hear.
tune
I did like it, but I have recently gone off it lots, uncool.
LoudPipe
For some reason all Hyundais have some weird "LoudPipe repellent" effect.
mogulmonster
MJ Uncool. The reason these things have to come with a huge factory warranty (which is a hassle to get work done under) is because no mechanic that isn't at a dealership will touch them. Once they are out of warranty, it's time to throw them away.

They are underpowered, too heavy, and completely ugly.

The 6-cyl only puts out:
170 hp @ 6000 rpm
181 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm
Weighing over 3000lbs

The 4-cyl puts out:
138 hp @ 6000 rpm
136 ft-lbs. @ 4500 rpm
weighing just under 3000lbs

The power that Hyundai is getting out of those engines is horrible. The RSX, Eclipse, and even the Cavalier and Sunfire are running more power out of the same sized engines.
Forrest
I respect what Hyundai's done with this car. To make a semi sporty little car.

And Mogul, the big reason for the power output is to not stress the engines at all. restrictive intakes and much more. The cavalier and Sunfire don't have to last the length of a Hyundai warranty, and there's probably a reson for it.

gave er a cool
Midnight_Speeder
I like this car. I did a lot of research on this car, but when I was ready to buy it was too damn expensive, and I would of been stuck paying for a thirsty engine and a heavy foot.

Otherwise I definately would of bought it. Has a decent warranty, and it seems to be pretty solid. Also, quite the nice car. Looks hot with angel eyes and a drop.
Autovisie
The new front looks a bit better:

Easton
For a Korean car it's absolute zero.

For the rest of the world it's absolute crap.
Easton
cool, for encouragement
Buzzard Hunter
For a Hyundai, the company that copies everyone else for everything, it looks original and decent. I give it a cool.
porschedream
It's a womens car, I always see women in it, hardly men.
Phix
^Same with Celica's and that pisses me off to no end.
nismo
QUOTE(Ultra_Kool_Dude @ Dec 28 2004, 02:59 AM)
Uncool - when someone asks, you still have to tell then it's a Hyundai.

If they must ask, why would you have been talkning to them anyways? tongue.gif
idiot
Hope
You
Understand
Nothing's
Drivable
And
Inexpensive

DS_Naughty2.gif
eraser_rx
i drove it once......it's powerful.....but small inside.......
clarkma5
My friend's brother just bought a V6 (automatic, unfortunately) Tiburon for his wife...my friend says it's a nice car, with a good sound.
umop apisdn
QUOTE(eraser_rx @ Jan 12 2005, 06:02 PM)
i drove it once......it's powerful.....but small inside.......

Powerful? Quantify this statement, as in, what other 'powerful' cars have you driven? I drove a 99 V6 Tiburon M6 and it was gutless as shit.

I still can't believe this car made cool, ugh. sick.gif
PAULIE_D
With respect to porschedream's and Phix's comments...

Despite the fact that a lot of chicks drive the automatic equipped Celica GT, it does not deter me from the 6-speed Celica GT-S.
I love the 2ZZ-GE motor in the GT-S. No torque down low but once the extra "L" in the VVTL-i kicks in .. watch out!
Phix
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Jan 13 2005, 04:20 AM)

Despite the fact that a lot of chicks drive the automatic equipped Celica GT, it does not deter me from the 6-speed Celica GT-S.
I love the 2ZZ-GE motor in the GT-S. No torque down low but once the extra "L" in the VVTL-i kicks in .. watch out!

Yeah, a friend of mine owns a Panasonic Edition Celica with the 6-speed tranny. Took me for a spin and once we hit that special amount of RPM I was knocked back in those loveable seats.
moe89
Its cool because not everyone who wants a small sport coupe is going to buy a Tiburon, I dont always base coolness off of this type of thing but it applies for cheaper cars thumbs_up.gif
Halflifehavock13
QUOTE(PHiX @ Jan 13 2005, 01:12 PM)

Yeah, a friend of mine owns a Panasonic Edition Celica with the 6-speed tranny. Took me for a spin and once we hit that special amount of RPM I was knocked back in those loveable seats.

Where you pushed back in your seat because you didnt want the guy to feel sorry for himself because celica's get almost ZERO torque?

Just playin! wink.gif
PandaBeat
cool
Phix
QUOTE(Halflifehavock13 @ Mar 20 2005, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE(PHiX @ Jan 13 2005, 01:12 PM)

Where you pushed back in your seat because you didnt want the guy to feel sorry for himself because celica's get almost ZERO torque?

Just playin! wink.gif

Bump-da-bump-debumpy-bump-bump.

Anyway, ok, I felt something kick... I wasn't KNOCKED into my seat but there was a sudden force.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.