Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First generation Mazda RX-7
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
leif
the first sucessful rotary powerd car...a mid engine car (technically its engine was behind the fron axle) which went around corners well, and was ok to be seen in.

ok...so when ppl ask how many pistons it has to have to say "well 2....sort of" and then try explaining the concepts of rotors and elipses to some guy with a Golf...but the exclusivity and technology make it cool

Images added by Dakian.
jostyrostelli
Frozen! The looks, the engine, the sound, the history, the speed.

The fact that you have an engine 90% of the people don't understand, that's cool!
clarkma5
How about some pics, eh?

And btw, I have a Golf and I could probably explain the concept of a rotary ten times better than you could wink.gif
marcos_eirik
leif
maybe you do know them better...maybe you dont...
heres a pic

Phix
What's up with those plaid seats? Hehe.
Overheat
Wow, that car is incredibly ugly - I'd hate to be seen in one of them - Seriously uncool.
leif
what do you drive overheat?
Overheat
I don't have a car - for the time being I just perve at them.
zenon
This thread is doing grave injustice to an amazing car! angst.gif

For starters, here is a stock first generation RX-7:

The first production models of the RX-7 weighed in at around 1065kg, had a twin rotor 105bhp rotary engine and had nearly perfect 50\50 weight distribution. It's definetly my favourite of the late 70s and early 80s Japanese sportscars, and because of how revoluationary it was, I vote for frozen. cool.gif thumbs_up.gif
Renesis
FROOOOOOOZEN!

but those that go converted with V8's in it are so uncool! thumbs_down.gif
Renesis
QUOTE(Overheat @ Dec 27 2004, 05:46 PM)
Wow, that car is incredibly ugly - I'd hate to be seen in one of them - Seriously uncool.

I'll ban you for 1 week, just NOW! angry.gif
DakianDelomast
Hay guys guess what I voted! biggrin.gif
Phix
There's actually a buncha 1st and 2nd gen RX-7's around me and a guy owns a red FD near me. But he improperly lowered it, it's red(with that body style... ugh), and has massive 18" rims on it which is practically rubbing against the fenders plus a massive dual-barreled vacuum-cleaner style exhaust practically scraping against the asphalt. But it's manual... so hey... there's a bit o' respect.
Black RSX
Cool car.... Started a lot....

But not Frozen..
Mellender17
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Dec 27 2004, 09:40 PM)
Hay guys guess what I voted! biggrin.gif

Er frozen? Well I did! I prefer the last generation model though, that's my favourite.
Overheat
QUOTE(Renesis @ Dec 28 2004, 04:49 AM)
I'll ban you for 1 week, just NOW! angry.gif

Hell, I'm standing by my opinion, just not my type of car, I guess.
leif
doesent your car type have 8 wheels and a driver?
dukenukem
as much as i love hating the wankel i must say this is a super cool car.
tune
Cool in terms of what it created but I prefer the latest RX-7
Cyclone
It was the beginning of a very beautiful thing and for that, it definately gets a frozen vote.
Forrest
How bout pics and specs with every car put on here. I mean, I dont want to have to think when I come into these threads.
leif
ok forrest

Mazda RX-7 12A FB
1.112L twin Rotor alloy engine mounted behind the front axle
105BHP
5 speed, close ratio manual transmision
0-100 kmh in ~9.0 seconds
Top speed of around 200kmh

seats 2 (in most north americam models)

and it is one of the best handling cars i have ever driven...I have always owned an RX-7...and maintain it is one of the best cars on the road regardless of price
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.