Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Panoz AIV Roadster
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
Windshield
The mold has been broken. The blanket of automotive conformity lifted. The true American sports car has returned. A car that captures the imagination and awakens the senses. Not a rehash of past glory, but a new sports car, built with the passion and independent spirit once found in American cars.

As its name suggests, it is a roadster in the purest sense. Designed and built for the essence of open cockpit driving. A perfect marriage of new automotive technology, classic styling and hand-built craftsmanship. Its all aluminum body and chassis are the first to be designed and built in the U.S. The unmistakable shape of its aerospace industry's Superplastic Forming (SPF) technology, another automotive industry first. Each panel is carefully assembled by hand. Every weld eyed with precision. Every coat of paint lovingly applied. You can see it as you trace its curves with your eyes. You will know it the first time you slip behind the wheel. The passion and devotion that can only come form a car built by hand.

Stats:
Layout: Front mid/engine, rear wheel drive
Engine: Hand assembled dual overhead cam, 32-valve, 90-degree aluminum V-8
Displacement: 4.6 Liters/280cid (4,601cc)
Horsepower: 305 @ 5,800rpm
Curb Weight: 2,570 lbs
0-60mph: 4.6sec.
Top Speed: 140 mph
clarkma5
I love the little Panoz Roadster.

You see it going down the road and you say "MAN, that is a COOL car!"

Because, ya know, it is. I actually always thought it was much older than it was when I was younger. It was also the best car to drive in Midtown Madness 2!

Frozen
marcos_eirik
Definately frozen... Any small low volume sportscar is... thumbs_up.gif
Kip_666
I love it, ceot the engine seems a bit underpowered for the ammount of displacement it has imho.

What the plymouth prowler should have looked like.
Ultra_Kool_Dude
I'd put frozen except that you know the only people driving them are going to be balding men. wink.gif
Windshield
QUOTE(Ultra_Kool_Dude @ Dec 23 2004, 07:11 PM)
I'd put frozen except that you know the only people driving them are going to be balding men. wink.gif

The guy in the second pic I posted doesn't seem to be balding...
Ultra_Kool_Dude
QUOTE(Windshield @ Dec 23 2004, 07:41 PM)
The guy in the second pic I posted doesn't seem to be balding...

Trust me - he's got a bald spot on the back of his head. biggrin.gif
SiR_dude
QUOTE(Kip_666 @ Dec 23 2004, 03:00 PM)
I love it, ceot the engine seems a bit underpowered for the ammount of displacement it has imho.

...but that's nothing a custom turbo or maybe an s/c can fix biggrin.gif

I'd call that ice...
Black RSX
It has the same 4.6L that was in my Mustang GT... rolleyes.gif

and the same ugly Ford gauges... but just in the middle of the dash... sick.gif
Avalon
This is THE coolest low volume car made in America today. Big time props to Don and Danny Panoz for producing this. If I had the 50 or 60 odd thousand dollars one of these costs, that's exactly where my money would go. It's unique, fast as all getout, nimble, and no one has any idea what it is. Frozen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.