Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TVR Typhon
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
marcos_eirik
Here it is, the fastest and loudest TVR ever... The Typhon is TVR's latest creation. It shares the Tuscan's tubular space frame allthough reinforced with aluminium honeycombe and clad with a beautyfully sculptured carbonfiber body.

This car is mostly the work of the aerodynamicist, as the profile shows pretty good. What it also reveales is the clean lines with no doorhandles. TVR chairman Peter Wheeler thought that doorhandles where ugly, so there is a button under the mirror that when pressed the door opens. Also a clean line will be more aerodynamical.

The interior of the T440R/Typhon is something unique. With an attention to details thats only seen in a modern days arts museum. It doesent have dials and switches, but small toys, like those brass and aluminium nobs and the handstiched leather combined with exposed carbonfiber. All in all you can say that the interior reflects its racincar underpinnings with a distinct minimalist style.

The rear end also reflects the attention to aerodynamics with the rear diffuser and the way the roof ends down to the back of the car. The arrangement of the rear lights may look like a mess, but it is actually a certain pattern in it. The part with the exhaust outlets is promised tied up a little for the production model.

Specs:

What do you think about this car? Nothing looks quite like it, eccept other TVRs. I'm sorry i didn't get any pics of the engine though.... Speaking of engine and more specifically engine noise, I have a video of a road and track test of a pre production T440R, done by ex racingdriver Martin Brundle. Check out this video... (Rightclick, save target as... (26mb)
mogulmonster
0 Kelvin.

:heart:
DakianDelomast
TVRs are always sub zero in my book.
dukenukem
*pulls his blankey and goes to sleep*
marcos_eirik
QUOTE(huge colin @ Dec 22 2004, 01:26 PM)
Not as cool as a normally-aspirated TVR, of course. I'm a tiny bit disappointed there.

Well, you can get it without a supercharger. Then it's called T440R and it boasts 440 hp, not 580 hp. Remember though, it doesent use a mechanical supercharger, but a belt driven turbine;

PS! This is a pre production one, so the engine will look a bit tidyer when finished.... wink.gif
DakianDelomast
... All superchargers are mechanical. That is just simply a centefugal supercharger.
umop apisdn
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Dec 22 2004, 02:18 PM)
... All superchargers are mechanical. That is just simply a centefugal supercharger.

*centrifugal smile.gif

I'll forgive you this time. wink.gif

TVRs are pretty freakin sweet. Near 600 horse? I think theres a draft in here...
fallon
Deffinitely cool. The looks are a bit Love it or Hate it though.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(umop apisdn @ Dec 22 2004, 07:13 PM)
*centrifugal smile.gif

I'll forgive you this time. wink.gif

TVRs are pretty freakin sweet. Near 600 horse? I think theres a draft in here...

I got the fugal right!
Viper007Bond
Kick ass, but I like the newer one better.
jbzonda
i like it but i dont like the rear lights...ill give it cool
McKhaos
I voted uncool , because they're so fucking ugly .
marcos_eirik
The amazing thing about this car is the performance... It offers Enzo rivaling performance at 80000... And it will be rare, just like every other TVR in the future, 500 vill be bouilt before it's replacement will come along.

I do really think TVR deserves some respect for doing this. It shows the kind of style you only find on conceptcars, and yet TVR puts it in to production. When it comes to modern TVRs we can see in about 30 years how modern they still will look, parked besides the normal cars of that era... wink.gif

QUOTE(McKhaos)
I voted uncool, because they're so fucking ugly.

It can be cool to drive an ugly car...

But I quess I can see which way this poll is going... thumbs_up.gif
kbtitan
QUOTE(McKhaos @ Dec 23 2004, 03:50 AM)
I voted uncool , because they're so fucking ugly .

I'll have to agree.
Buzzard Hunter
TVR Speed 12 doesn't perform as nicely but looks a shit-load better. Still the Typhon deserves sub-zero.
LoudPipe
It's a TVR. How could it be anything but subzero?
Mellender17
QUOTE(LoudPipe @ Jan 9 2005, 04:03 PM)
It's a TVR. How could it be anything but subzero?

Indeed, however I think the pics are of he 400R/440R. Sexy car though.
tune
Tbh I;m not sure about this car, I hate the front, because it's not aggressive enough, which most TVR's are and need to be with the power they have, the back end is real nice and you can't knock it on power. I voted uncool, because it's not aggressive enough at the front and TVR are known for poor reliability.
marcos_eirik
QUOTE(tune @ Jan 10 2005, 01:51 PM)
...TVR are known for poor reliability.

So is Ferrari, and all italian makes... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.