Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Volkswagen Jetta
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Uncool
Avalon
A friend of mine is getting one of these, probably today, and I'm curious to what everyone thinks of it. He usually makes fun of the Triumph, though I suspect him of being jealous due to the fact that he tells me that it breaks down all the time, and I haven't had a problem yet... His car will be the GLS VR6 model, 2002, with 174 horsepower and 181 lb-ft. of torque. Granted that's (nearly) top of the line, but I got on carsurvey.com and found that 42 out of 65 owners of 2002 Jettas had complaints about their car. That's not a good percentage. I also think this is a girl's car, despite the power figures. And to top it all off and make it perfect, he's getting the car in automatic trim. But enough of my ramblings, and don't necessarily make your decision based upon what I've said. So vote away! (Despite all the negative, it gets an uncool, rather than a seriously uncool, from me because it is fairly powerful).

clarkma5
limited slip diff? Not on a stocker...must be A/M.

And GLS isn't top of the line, GLX is.

ANYWAY, I like the Jetta to an extent, but it's not cool. It is far too girly and, unless you order up a GLI, it's not that fantastic of a performer.
RedLine
Modified they're pretty sweet. I seen a black with limo tint, front golf end conversion and angle eyes, lowered and some really kick ass wheels. Looked AWESOME.

Stock, I'd say they're uncool.
Avalon
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 22 2004, 01:50 PM)
limited slip diff? Not on a stocker...must be A/M.

And GLS isn't top of the line, GLX is.

ANYWAY, I like the Jetta to an extent, but it's not cool. It is far too girly and, unless you order up a GLI, it's not that fantastic of a performer.

You sure? I read one of those Consumer reviews or something that said the GLS had a LS.
clarkma5
There has never been a stock MkIV Jetta with a limited slip ever.
Renesis
it's a gay's car
Windshield
QUOTE(Renesis @ Nov 22 2004, 06:03 PM)
it's a gay's car

Well, I wouldn't say that, especially when you consider the amount of people that actually drive these.
This car is difficult to place, they're too many variations. The GLI is cool, but all the rest are uncool, so I'll vote uncool.
rio
None of that makes this car cool. Jetta's were cool about 8 years ago. Now they're old news. Everybody has one.
DakianDelomast
One of the most uncool cars ever.
fiber optic
It's so average it hurts.
Cyclone
I once dated a girl who was nearly obsessed with wanting to own one some day... That alone speaks for itself, uncool
tune
I think they're kinda cool, but they should have been called the Jetta in Europe then it would be cooler.
RallyCat909
The 1.8 Turbo is pretty peppy and I love driving mine. I scare Hondas frequently with it. It has nice neutral steering and the brakes are good too. I cant see how its any worse than a Honda or a Toyota. IMHO
Renesis
it's not worse but the toyota and honda aren't cool either
DakianDelomast
Being the owner of said car invalidates your vote.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.