Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aston Martin DBR9
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
Avalon
I don't think I even need to persuade you on this one, so I'll just give stats and show a picture:

Price: $---,---
Miles Per Gallon: --/-- mpg
Curb Weight: 2420 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Sequential
Engine Type: V8
Displacement: 6000 cc
Horsepower: 600 bhp @ ---- rpm
Torque: 517 lb-ft @ ---- rpm

Mellender17
Need I say more?

No, it's frozen. But perhaps not as cool as the road car?
clarkma5
Can modern race cars really be cool? I'd say no...the day of the gentlemanly racer (and the gentlemanly race car) are long dead. Impressive, fast, but uncool (also looks like a fish)
Avalon
I agree with you about racing. By comparison, racing was much much more interesting to watch back in the '50s and '60s when it was in its heyday than it ever will be again. However, I still give this car a frozen, though it's probably the only modern race car that would get such a rating from me.
dukenukem
looks like a mutated walrus .... and too many fanboys make it seriously uncool.
Benny
if it was at a better angle and was silver and didnt have green lights and yellow lips im sure it would be cool.
m_weinerich
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 21 2004, 01:48 PM)
Can modern race cars really be cool? I'd say no...the day of the gentlemanly racer (and the gentlemanly race car) are long dead. Impressive, fast, but uncool (also looks like a fish)

Thats y its cool!
tune
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 21 2004, 01:48 PM)
Can modern race car really be cool? I'd say no...the day of the gentlemanly racer (and the gentlemanly race car) are long dead. Impressive, fast, but uncool (also looks like a fish)

Nice guys (aka gentlemen) finish last.
Avalon
QUOTE(c|arkma)
Can modern race cars really be cool?  I'd say no...the day of the gentlemanly racer (and the gentlemanly race car) are long dead.  Impressive, fast, but uncool (also looks like a fish)

You're jaded.

QUOTE(dukenukem)
looks like a mutated walrus .... and too many fanboys make it seriously uncool.

And so are you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.