Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nissan S15 Silvia
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
DakianDelomast

250 hp. 200 ft-lbs. All from a near legendary turbo inline 4 with the name SR20DET. The car can do most anything and is infamous in driving circles. It has a 6 speed gearbox in Spec R form and can have almost any nissan engine swapped into it. Is it cool though? Can cool people own this car? Can you look at someone getting out of this car and think, "Hey he's a cool looking dude".
clarkma5
This car really doesn't project favorably on its driver/owner/occupants, at least not in my mind. I don't want to drive it all that much. It doesn't look particularly beautiful. It just ain't cool.
DakianDelomast
I think its one of the best styled cars to ever come from Japan.
clarkma5
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 14 2004, 12:53 PM)
I think its one of the best styled cars to ever come from Japan.

Ha, you must be joking. What styling?

I would bestow that honor on the FD RX-7 or the 240Z or the 2000GT.
DakianDelomast
The headlights, bonnet and front airdam give the car a mean and purposeful look to it.
clarkma5
No, it has no nose and the headlights make it look like the ass-end of a Pontiac Bonneville. The bonnet (say hood, damnit, you're american) has as much character to it as a Toyota Corolla's. It doesn't look mean or purposeful; it's bland, unexciting, and even ugly in some respects.
DakianDelomast
We all know you hate japanese cars by default clark, anyone else have an opinion?
clarkma5
boy, that was a wimpy way out of an argument.
DakianDelomast
I didn't feel like argueing about it. I want to see what other people's opinions are before we hijack this thread.
nismo
I really like the styling of the car, and i'm glad they werent released in the us, cuz it would be a friggin ricer car. (i dont know if that made senSe laugh.gif )
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 14 2004, 11:34 AM)

there's a turbo under there? all the plumbing for it is plastic?
DakianDelomast
Its blackish metal not plastic. Look at top the engine says turbo doesn't it?
nismo
Well, seeing the Silvia is the little sister of the skyline, its ice cold.

Clark, the front of it does look mean, but composed. Like it is a japanese dude who just chopped your Golf in half, and transmission fluid has gotten all over him from it spraying everywhere, but doesn't give a shit.

(Nissan Silvia= Japanese dude wth a sword ; transmission fluid= blood ) biggrin.gif

and clark...????????
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 14 2004, 01:41 PM)
Its blackish metal not plastic. Look at top the engine says turbo doesn't it?

oh ok.. it looks like plastic, sorry.

i see where the turbo is, on the right, but i was confused about the plastic
DakianDelomast
Tis okie. Stock cars rarely have impressive turbo ducting.
one
Frozen. Almost as frozen as MR2.
DRIV3R
Frozen!!!
dukenukem
its cool . not too many ricers can get their hands on one
Black RSX
Hot Car Stock.

Hotter Car Moddified Right..

Sweet history with this car... Drifting Giant...

Frozen...
tune
Cool: as stock.
Sub zero: as a drifter!
Hero
Very cool
especially in Japan
I'd put it right beside the Mini,Fire Bird,M3,Fiat Panda
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.