Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
fiber optic

clarkma5
Portable defibrillator?
one
Pacemaker.

Artificial heart.
fiber optic
QUOTE(the_anodynefear @ Nov 9 2004, 08:57 PM)
Pacemaker.

Bingo. You guys are fast.
clarkma5
You still have your logitech mouse!

I had to replace mine. Good 'ol bluey sad.gif
fiber optic
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 9 2004, 08:58 PM)
You still have your logitech mouse!

I'm keeping the dream alive. I haven't found a mouse that I like more than this. The diodes will have to explode destroying the case and melting the thumb rest for me to give it up.
one
Clark and I posted in the same minute that you had posted.

I want to be in the cardio field. Maybe...

B.T.W, Where the hell did you get that?
trail_boss2
QUOTE(the_anodynefear @ Nov 9 2004, 10:00 PM)

I think his wife works for a place that has to do with cardio but I cant remember exactly where. ( I may also be way off and just full of shit) I see a lot of patients with pacemakers at work and it looks weird seeing their chest with the buldge in it.

Its also really crazy to see someone with a defib and watch it fire right in front of you. We had the FD bring in a patient a while back and his defib had fired 5 times before he even got there, and when the medics were bringing him in one of the medics accidently touched him as it was fireing again and it put the medic to the ground. It was crazy as hell.
one
Wow...Do surgeons make good money?

And, arn't there different types of surgeons?
fiber optic
QUOTE(the_anodynefear @ Nov 9 2004, 09:00 PM)

My wife got it. She works as a research nurse at The Heart Center.
fiber optic
QUOTE(the_anodynefear @ Nov 9 2004, 09:05 PM)

ABSOLUTELY!

and

Yes

In that order.
clarkma5
Wow, I had no idea pacemakers were so big. My grandma just got a pacemaker after having heart troubles for a year (in the simplest terms, her "lub" and her "dub" were competing with each other and decreasing oxygen flow to her body)
trail_boss2
QUOTE(the_anodynefear @ Nov 9 2004, 10:05 PM)

Yeah there are many differnt types

Orthopedic surgeons specialize in stuff like bones, and broken bones/sports related stuff
Cardio surgions are heart related (duh)
Trauma surgeons are used for emergency stuff
urologist (sp) are for kidney and pee related stuff (I think)

and lots of others.
one
So...a trauma surgeon would probably be surgery in general?

Does a trauma surgeon make less than other surgeons? Or any of them?
fiber optic
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 9 2004, 09:08 PM)
Wow, I had no idea pacemakers were so big.

Yeah and it's heavier than it looks too. Perhaps around 100g.
trail_boss2
QUOTE(the_anodynefear @ Nov 9 2004, 10:09 PM)
So...a trauma surgeon would probably be surgery in general?

Does a trauma surgeon make less than other surgeons? Or any of them?

Kinda, there are also just general surgeons that do operations that are not an emergency for example they may do things like remove cancerous parts in someones body or somthing like that.

Trauma surgeons are sergeons that will be on call for a hospital or sometimes trauma have a resident surgeon (lives there pretty much) that will be there to do an operation on a patient to do things like stop the internal bleeding on real bad patients.

The town I live in is rather small so the ER I work in only has 23 rooms.

Rooms 1-12 are just normal ER rooms
All hospitals skip room 13
Rooms 14-18 are trauma rooms, which are bigger so teams can work on patients better and they also have life support machines in them.

Room 20 is just a chair used for eye exams

Rooms 21-24 are just regular rooms used in the part of the ER we have called "Express care" which is where our more minor injuries (broken bones, cold symptoms, hangnails, yes ive actually seen people come in for hangnails.)

On average we get about 2 trauma patients or sometimes Code 3-5 (cardiac arrest) patients a week. We have 3 Doctors in the ER that specialize in emergency medicine, plus a shitload of nurses and paramedics. Whenever we are going to get a trauma or 3-5 they will page it overhead and say somthing like "Trauma alert Level 1, ETA: 8 minutes" and 4 nurses, 1 doctor, a pharmacy team, 2 medics, and resp. therapy will gather in the room and suit up and get ready. When they patient gets there if needed they can call in the on call cardiologist or any other doctor or surgeon they may need to help them. If the patient is seriously injured we will call Life Flight and they can be at our hospital with the chopper in 13 minutes (40 mins if you were to drive) and have the patient at a bigger hospital in Columbus or Cleveland in about 30 mins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.