Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A sad day for the X5
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
porschedream
Both doors on the right hand side of my X5 got really damaged today. head.gif head.gif head.gif angry.gif I was coming home from work and like any other day in Montreal, it was jam packed. I was turning right at a corner where a gas station is located. So as i am turning the corner a Ranger Rover HSE is pulling out (from the gas station) He looked as if he was braking to let me go first but he didn't and let the gas, i sort of panic and quickly switched lanes, unfortunately as he tried to make a sharp turn for the right lane he ended up bashing the doors. The worst part about it is that he had those front grill protector thingy, those huge metal bars that cover up the headlights and such, so my side is really damaged. Fortunately it'll be covered by insurance but only up to $2k, the dealer is charging me 5k for 2 new doors and stuff. I'm really pissed off but 3k isn't all that much, for me at least. The guy in the Range Rover got hit too but not as bad. That car that nailed him just so happened to be the new Porsche 997 Carrera S ohdear.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif The front bumper got all smushed a little.
Benny
Clash Of The Luxo-SUV's !!!
AgaBoogaBoo
So wait, was it his fault?

Shouldn't whoever's fault it was have their insurance company cover the others?
porschedream
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Nov 8 2004, 08:37 PM)

I really have no clue whose fault it is but from my point of view it was the Ranger Rover drivers. I'm just concerned from the 997.
AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(porschedream @ Nov 8 2004, 07:40 PM)
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Nov 8 2004, 08:37 PM)

I really have no clue whose fault it is but from my point of view it was the Ranger Rover drivers. I'm just concerned from the 997.

How does this work in Canada?

Shouldn't his insurance cover it then?

Here in the US you call police to file a report unless it's minor, then the insurance company covers the cost for all damages to others. By this simple reasoning, the cost for fixing your car should be covered by the other guy tongue.gif
idiot
of course everyone will say it's the other guy's fault.
NorthPoint
WTF kind of weird insurance do you have?

Why would they only pay up to $2000? The way insurance works here in Ontario (and I would have thought anywhere) is that you have a deductible which you pay and then if it costs more than that the insurance company pays the rest up to the point where they would rather buy out the car for what it's worth.
Renesis
Hey PorscheDream, I'm studying in insurance wink.gif

What's your company?

First let me say that here since 1974, even if the 3rd party is reponsible, YOUR insurance will pay the repairs. It's called la convention d'indemnisation directe.

And even if it's your fault, which is hard to know here, I'd have to get some more details and see (try to explain exactly how it happend who was where, road/parking lot) etc. I have a little book that they use to determine the % of fault each driver has.

From what I understand so far you woudln't be responsible and wouldn't have to pay your franchise but other factors can apply.

Was there a traffic light, stop?

Thing is, even if it's your fault at 100%, you'll pay your franchise and they'll pay the rest of the damages. So maybe your frnachise is high, since it's a luxury car but I doubt it's as high as 3k.

Look in your documents and find your FPQ#1 (insurance contract) look for the franchise under chapter B2.

If you have some Q's I'd be glad to help as long as I can answer to your Q.

Good luck!
DakianDelomast
Damn I thought it was sold.
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(porschedream @ Nov 8 2004, 04:33 PM)
I'm really pissed off but 3k isn't all that much, for me at least.

feel lucky. My whole car cost me 3k tongue.gif
PAULIE_D
Should be the same as Ontario's "direct compensation for property damage" coverage. Basically you claim the damage on your vehicle with your own insurer even though it was deemed to be not-at-fault, in which case - no deductible applies and there is no impact on your insurance premium.
Cyclone
Pics?
Renesis
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Nov 9 2004, 03:05 AM)
Should be the same as Ontario's "direct compensation for property damage" coverage. Basically you claim the damage on your vehicle with your own insurer even though it was deemed to be not-at-fault, in which case - no deductible applies and there is no impact on your insurance premium.

that's what I said above..

although I'd like porschedream to make a little drawing in MS paint of how it happend and where the exit of the parking was to know if he's responsible or not.

Could be a 0% or 50%..

porschedream, did you hit that Carrera S or only the Range did?
mogulmonster
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Nov 9 2004, 04:16 AM)
Pics?

This post, and lack of convincing pics of anything are why I refuse to believe anything this guy says.

Yeah, I'm an asshole. So what.
porschedream
QUOTE(Renesis @ Nov 9 2004, 05:22 PM)
that's what I said above..

although I'd like porschedream to make a little drawing in MS paint of how it happend and where the exit of the parking was to know if he's responsible or not.

Could be a 0% or 50%..

porschedream, did you hit that Carrera S or only the Range did?

the carrera hit the range.
porschedream
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Nov 9 2004, 08:48 PM)
This post, and lack of convincing pics of anything are why I refuse to believe anything this guy says.

Yeah, I'm an asshole. So what.

Don't ever call me "guy" again. and yes you are an asshole wink.gif biggrin.gif
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(porschedream @ Nov 9 2004, 10:00 PM)

Yeah, I'm an asshole.  So what.

Gal
porschedream
Here's a drawing of what the accident looked like.

porschedream
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 9 2004, 11:20 PM)

Gal

Fuck you pussy! biggrin.gif
clarkma5
997!!! TEH NOES!!!!!
porschedream
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 9 2004, 11:22 PM)
997!!! TEH NOES!!!!!

He had it for only 2 days. Traded in his M3 and his Boxster S for it apparently.
Renesis
Ok, from that it looks like you'd have no responsability, and pay for deductable, so your insurance should pay the 5k for you.

What's your company? Did you call the expert en sinistre yet? did he call you back with the decision?
anearbytree
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Nov 9 2004, 02:16 AM)
Pics?

thumbs_up.gif
mogulmonster
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 9 2004, 09:20 PM)

Gal

Ah, so now you've had a sex change, too. Interesting.
AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Nov 9 2004, 10:43 PM)

Gal

Is she still a dentist?
mogulmonster
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Nov 9 2004, 09:44 PM)

Gal

Is she still a dentist?

I think she's "Lance Hunt, Billionaire!"
porschedream
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Nov 9 2004, 11:45 PM)
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Nov 9 2004, 09:44 PM)

Gal

Is she still a dentist?

I think she's "Lance Hunt, Billionaire!"

laugh.gif SO I'M THE RICH BITCH NOW HUH?
Renesis
well fuck you then porschedream.

get raped by your insurances if you want no help rolleyes.gif
porschedream
QUOTE(Renesis @ Nov 10 2004, 12:26 PM)
well fuck you then porschedream.

get raped by your insurances if you want no help rolleyes.gif

it's ok, i'm fine, everything's been sorted out my the insurance company. Thanks for trying to help though.
Renesis
they paid the 5k?

what was your responsablity?
RedLine
I sware, everything you say involves money. "3k isn't that much to me" ... sometimes I get the feeling you bs a lot.
porschedream
Sometimes you guys really piss the fuck out of me, ok so i make very materialistic "rich little" comments. But you in specific don't understand how hard i've worked to get where i am in life. I wasn't as if money came out of my ass when i was born. Immigrating from a foreign country with no money is hard you know. And no i don't BS you, why the fuck would i want to BS you? If you have a problem with me tell me! Instead of making these useless insulting posts. Maybe if youcould be a man for a few minutes an PM me about a problem you have with me then we can discuss it.
bankE46
guys, chill. whenever you get mad at rich people, just read this story a few times.

There is this super rich stupid idiot who lives in a humongous house. At his house, this guy has babes lying all over the place. The next scene is hot. The guy takes this super hot babe back to his room to make-out. The audience will think that the hot babe is a normal babe, but, yeah right, she's a ninja. The ninja woman smashes the guy's head like a melon. Then all these dogs come out of nowhere and the ninja woman has to beat the dogs' asses. First she kicks this one dog right in the nuts. The dog screams and jumps out the window. Then she jumps in the air and kicks two dogs in the nuts at once! Both dogs evaporate. Every time the ninja woman kicks nuts, a guitar squeals hard. Then the ninja woman has to battle the boss dog. The boss dog is huge. Before the boss dog can attack, she uppercuts the boss dog's nuts so hard that the boss explodes. Then the guitar squeals REALLY hard and explodes.

and anyway, PD is a cool guy. he never brags about his shit, and he has some good stuff to post on here. everyone has seriously started having their period around here with "ban *name*" threads and such. folks just need to take it down a notch. this forum doesnt belong to the warn-happy mods, it barely even belongs to diesel. it belongs to everyone here who has something to say about cars. save the bitching for the assholes who get your order wrong at the McD's drivethru. wink.gif
AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Nov 10 2004, 08:51 PM)
guys, chill. whenever you get mad at rich people, just read this story a few times.

There is this super rich stupid idiot who lives in a humongous house.  At his house, this guy has babes lying all over the place.  The next scene is hot.  The guy takes this super hot babe back to his room to make-out.  The audience will think that the hot babe is a normal babe, but, yeah right, she's a ninja.  The ninja woman smashes the guy's head like a melon.  Then all these dogs come out of nowhere and the ninja woman has to beat the dogs' asses.  First she kicks this one dog right in the nuts.  The dog screams and jumps out the window.  Then she jumps in the air and kicks two dogs in the nuts at once!  Both dogs evaporate.  Every time the ninja woman kicks nuts, a guitar squeals hard.  Then the ninja woman has to battle the boss dog.  The boss dog is huge.  Before the boss dog can attack, she uppercuts the boss dog's nuts so hard that the boss explodes.  Then the guitar squeals REALLY hard and explodes.

and anyway, PD is a cool guy. he never brags about his shit, and he has some good stuff to post on here. everyone has seriously started having their period around here with "ban *name*" threads and such. folks just need to take it down a notch. this forum doesnt belong to the warn-happy mods, it barely even belongs to diesel. it belongs to everyone here who has something to say about cars. save the bitching for the assholes who get your order wrong at the McD's drivethru.  wink.gif

thumbs_up.gif

I've had the same thoughts as you and fully agree
clarkma5
LO FUCKING L BANKIE THAT STORY KICKS ASS GIVE ME YOUR BRAIN.
fiber optic
Haha Bankie at least give credit where credit is due. rolleyes.gif

http://www.msu.edu/~couilla6/ninja/ninja_m...vie_script2.htm
bankE46
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 10 2004, 10:25 PM)
LO FUCKING L BANKIE THAT STORY KICKS ASS GIVE ME YOUR BRAIN.

i would love to take credit, but it was borrowed from my close friend robert hamburger. wink.gif

www.realultimatepower.net
idiot
why does the story kick ass? I don't get it..
Benny
what an idiot.
idiot
QUOTE(Benny @ Nov 10 2004, 07:00 PM)
what an idiot.

excellent comment.
idiot
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Nov 10 2004, 05:51 PM)

There is this super rich stupid idiot who lives in a humongous house. At his house, this guy has babes lying all over the place. The next scene is hot. The guy takes this super hot babe back to his room to make-out. The audience will think that the hot babe is a normal babe, but, yeah right, she's a ninja. The ninja woman smashes the guy's head like a melon. Then all these dogs come out of nowhere and the ninja woman has to beat the dogs' asses. First she kicks this one dog right in the nuts. The dog screams and jumps out the window. Then she jumps in the air and kicks two dogs in the nuts at once! Both dogs evaporate. Every time the ninja woman kicks nuts, a guitar squeals hard. Then the ninja woman has to battle the boss dog. The boss dog is huge. Before the boss dog can attack, she uppercuts the boss dog's nuts so hard that the boss explodes. Then the guitar squeals REALLY hard and explodes.

and anyway, PD is a cool guy. he never brags about his shit, and he has some good stuff to post on here. everyone has seriously started having their period around here with "ban *name*" threads and such. folks just need to take it down a notch. this forum doesnt belong to the warn-happy mods, it barely even belongs to diesel. it belongs to everyone here who has something to say about cars. save the bitching for the assholes who get your order wrong at the McD's drivethru. wink.gif

keep on calling him PD

biggrin.gif
Boxster17
That's got to suck porschedream. I'd be pissed if that happened to my X5. And that can't be too great for that 997 driver either. Two of my favorite car companies in one accident. Glad to hear you got it worked out and that though, and that everyone was alright...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.