Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Americans Flock to Canada's Immigration Web Site
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Cyclone
OTTAWA (Reuters) - The number of U.S. citizens visiting Canada's main immigration Web site has shot up six-fold as Americans flirt with the idea of abandoning their homeland after President Bush (news - web sites)'s election win this week.

"When we looked at the first day after the election, Nov. 3, our Web site hit a new high, almost double the previous record high," immigration ministry spokeswoman Maria Iadinardi said on Friday.

On an average day some 20,000 people in the United States log onto the Web site, www.cic.gc.ca -- a figure which rocketed to 115,016 on Wednesday. The number of U.S. visits settled down to 65,803 on Thursday, still well above the norm.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...m/canada_usa_dc
DaGonz
If you are going to Canada on a permanent basis... please take Barbara Srteisand, Michael Moore, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, George Soros and the rest of the hollywood elite limousine liberals with you!

Come to think of it...the taxes they would pay in Canada may help bring the Looney up in value! laugh.gif
Benny
The loonie is at an all time high thank you (83 cents)
one
Your avatar pisses me off, cyclone.

Just F.Y.I.
clarkma5
hahaha I love Cyclone's avatar!
A32
QUOTE(the_anodynefear @ Nov 6 2004, 08:01 AM)
Your avatar pisses me off, cyclone.

Just F.Y.I.

I have trouble reading his and other's(around his) posts because my attension is being drawn to his avatar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.