Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $1,000 Check from My Parents
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Black RSX
When I checked my mail tonight after getting home late... there was a card from my parents... in it was a check for $1,000.

It was X-mas/Holiday card... Wishing me a Happy Holiday Season.

I have NO idea why they would send me this check.. I did not ask for money... it is really not even that close to Christmas.... huh.gif

I don't think I can accept that much money. I am thinking of stopping by my parents place on my way home from work tomorrow to give the check back... It is too much.. I just don't know what I should do...
bankE46
maybe their liquidating their assets and moving to a remote island to spend their days harvesting coconuts and surf fishing to support themselves.
dukenukem
how bout donating it to some random person on the net who was the seco to reply to this thread whistle.gif

maybe you could keep the money for now and return it with interest as a bigger gift smile.gif
bankE46
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Nov 5 2004, 02:27 AM)
how bout donating it to some random person on the net who was the seco to reply to this thread whistle.gif

yea, good call. PWNED!@!!!!!
kevinluc.com
buy that DSLR you've always wanted biggrin.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Nov 5 2004, 01:28 AM)
yea, good call. PWNED!@!!!!!

damn my slow connection head.gif X.gif
Diesel
i say save it for a rainy day. or maybe half of it
Black RSX
QUOTE(Diesel @ Nov 5 2004, 01:30 AM)
i say save it for a rainy day. or maybe half of it

That would be the smart thing to do... if I decide to keep it...

_
QUOTE(aznkid.com @ Nov 5 2004, 01:29 AM)
buy that DSLR you've always wanted biggrin.gif

OMG!!! That totally might be why they sent it to me!!! They saw the pictures I took in Port Washington and they really liked them...

I told them that I was happy with them.. but wished I had a better camera to take pictures with...

What I need to do is start selling all this crap I have laying around that I don't use... like 2 sets of tires that are only slightly used for my RSX... (Old summer tires)...

I need to get an Ebay account started and build enough cash to get a new DSLR!!! Good call aznkid!!!
McKhaos
Maybe it's a sign from your parents that they're cutting you loose and this is the last money you'll ever see from them !
Black RSX
QUOTE(McKhaos @ Nov 5 2004, 01:36 AM)
Maybe it's a sign from your parents that they're cutting you loose and this is the last money you'll ever see from them !

Well, I am already loose... Been that way for 2 years ... I am 26... I have a crappy apartment... (with a garage)...

Steady job for 6 years....

Still very strange... I am going to have to talk to my mom tomorrow... find out why...
5LiterMustang
i would save it, and not touch it. Wait a few years, you might really need it if an emergency comes up, and if you dont.. then buy them something nice with it (but not too expensive, so you can have some left over to play with)

sometimes its hard to accept things like that, its kind of akward, but you know their intention behind it is to make you happy. I would feel better, happier about it, if i saved it.
Black RSX
QUOTE(5LiterMustang @ Nov 5 2004, 01:41 AM)
i would save it, and not touch it. Wait a few years, you might really need it if an emergency comes up, and if you dont.. then buy them something nice with it (but not too expensive, so you can have some left over to play with)

sometimes its hard to accept things like that, its kind of akward, but you know their intention behind it is to make you happy. I would feel better, happier about it, if i saved it.

You and Diesel are right...

I need to use a lot of self control and not spend that money... put it in my Mutual Fund... let it gain a little interest...

Mmmmm so many things I want to get though..

New Digital Camera
New Bed... (I only have a twin, meaning I always stay over at the girls place.. who ever she might be at the time.)
Hondata for my RSX!!!! eek.gif
kevinluc.com
QUOTE(Black RSX @ Nov 4 2004, 10:35 PM)
That would be the smart thing to do... if I decide to keep it...

_

OMG!!! That totally might be why they sent it to me!!! They saw the pictures I took in Port Washington and they really liked them...

I told them that I was happy with them.. but wished I had a better camera to take pictures with...

What I need to do is start selling all this crap I have laying around that I don't use... like 2 sets of tires that are only slightly used for my RSX... (Old summer tires)...

I need to get an Ebay account started and build enough cash to get a new DSLR!!! Good call aznkid!!!

thumbs_up.gif

your pics were awesome!

the other day i was browsing the OMP forums..a photographer put a DRebel w/o a lens up for $200 US..it was sold instantly hahah..

you can get em on ebay for $600 US (lens included) now..not bad!
fiber optic
Definitely eBay stuff. I've got so much stuff cluttering up the house that I'm not using.

yeah
DakianDelomast
You assholes! He needs a Type R head!! 240 hp from his RSX with some more aggressive cams biggrin.gif
mogulmonster
I would save it. I've been pretty good about saving money, and time and time again, I've needed an extra $500 here and there for repairs, emergencies, etc...

At least put $500 away. ING Savings is at 2.20% right now. Its not great, but for a simple savings account, its the best you will find. And, if you have me refer you, you get an extra $25 referal bonus. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.