Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 911 (997)
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
Avalon
I'm curious as to the general consensus on the new 911. I personally like it a lot, even if it doesn't look entirely different than the old one. But then, entirely different isn't a theme that Porsche calls on. When you've had a very successful design out for more than 40 years, you don't change the whole thing; you just tweak it.

3824cc Flat-6
355 bhp @ 6600 rpm
295 lb-ft @ 4600 rpm
7300 rpm Redline
6-Speed Manual

0-60: 4.7
0-100: 10.7
Top Speed: 182

dukenukem
its cool .... nothing about it makes it sub zero.
clarkma5
Ooh this is difficult. I love it, and it's a fantastic car...but is it really cool? It's hardly raw, and it has image problems. People will not love you or admire you for buying this car.

Uncool.
nismo
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 5 2004, 12:08 AM)
Ooh this is difficult. I love it, and it's a fantastic car...but is it really cool? It's hardly raw, and it has image problems. People will not love your or admire you for buying this car.

Uncool.

Would you love me if i drove teh Skyhawk off a bridge, then got a 911? i bet you would!
clarkma5
it may be uncool nismo, but I'd snap the necks of a hundred cute puppies to get to drive one. Don't stand between me and my 997 or you'll get killed too!
Dylan
Don't bring puppies into this angry.gif

keke
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(nismo @ Nov 4 2004, 11:52 PM)
Ooh this is difficult.  I love it, and it's a fantastic car...but is it really cool?  It's hardly raw, and it has image problems.  People will not love your or admire you for buying this car.

Uncool.

Would you love me if i drove teh Skyhawk off a bridge, then got a 911? i bet you would!

Actually I'd pray that you were IN the skyhawk.
Easton
Friggin hell that cars beautiful.

I can't beleive I hated it's new look when it first came out.

I'm REALLY slow when it comes to aquiring new taste rolleyes.gif

I just wish it had slightly bigger eyes.
umop apisdn
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 4 2004, 08:08 PM)
Ooh this is difficult.  I love it, and it's a fantastic car...but is it really cool?  It's hardly raw, and it has image problems.  People will not love you or admire you for buying this car.

Uncool.

I don't buy my cars based on whether people will like or admire me...

The base 997 is Frozen, but if you're including the 997 GT3 Cup it's all sub fuckin' zero ya'll.
nismo
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 5 2004, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE(nismo @ Nov 4 2004, 11:52 PM)
Ooh this is difficult.  I love it, and it's a fantastic car...but is it really cool?  It's hardly raw, and it has image problems.  People will not love your or admire you for buying this car.

Uncool.

only if you were at the bottom where im gonna land
dukenukem
QUOTE(nismo @ Nov 5 2004, 10:36 AM)

oooooooo
Boxster17
I think this car is beautiful, and is the best car, besides the Carrera GT, that I've seen Porsche release since the 993 Turbo biggrin.gif I think it's sub-zero...
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Nov 5 2004, 10:40 AM)

oooooooo

I'll have a giant target on me to see if nismo can hit me.
dukenukem
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 5 2004, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Nov 5 2004, 10:40 AM)

oooooooo

I'll have a giant target on me to see if nismo can hit me.

he doesnt look to cute now does he ?? tongue.gif laugh.gif
DakianDelomast
Sure in his wittle buick he looks hella cute :baby:
nismo
If i lived near you, I'd put it againt your little DelSol and hand your ass over. And if i had the RX-7 still, id come and hand your ass over again.
DakianDelomast
I shall die before I lose to a chebby V6.

Besides I know the Del Sol is slow douchebag, that's why I got a fucking RX-7.
nismo
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 5 2004, 08:48 PM)
I shall die before I lose to a chebby V6.

Besides I know the Del Sol is slow douchebag, that's why I got a fucking RX-7.

Okay, if the horse is dead, stop trying to ride it for god's sake!
DakianDelomast
J00 FAIL NISMO. FAIL

FAIL
White RSX
Yeah, Jesus nismo, go do something useful and lactate.
b0mb3r
This is the best thing that happened to 911 models since 993 GT2 was released. smile.gif And I like the interior, thats pretty sophisticated color!
Mr b00st
997 is near the top of my dream cars list. A black 3.8 Carrera S with chrono sport pack, please. MMMM.... yeah.
Avalon
The Chrono Sport Pack S version achieves a cool status in my book, but not frozen. It's probably the best Porsche since either the 993 or the early versions though. I really like the new styling, though minimal change was made.
cRiSiS
seriously uncool, and i can't believe sub zero is winning. there is no way this car is sub-zero
Mellender17
QUOTE(cRiSiS @ Nov 7 2004, 10:53 PM)
seriously uncool, and i can't believe sub zero is winning. there is no way this car is sub-zero

And just because we're listening dosn't mean we care... tongue.gif wink.gif I guess that'll be because people who aren't regular posters vote knowing nothing about the car in question, they just look and say 'it's a 911 therefore it is.'
cRiSiS
wink.gif

just bcos i don't post much on this forum doesn't mean i know nothing about cars, or in this case the 911
Windshield
QUOTE(cRiSiS @ Nov 8 2004, 02:53 AM)

At least give a reason for your vote.
cRiSiS
i just think that a car that has looked the same (or very similar) for 40 yrs cannot be considered cool, despite the improved aspects about each new model. i see a new porsche and my reaction is 'meh, another porsche'. sure, i'd like one, because of its performance, but its not a cool car
Mellender17
QUOTE(cRiSiS @ Nov 8 2004, 07:25 PM)
wink.gif

just bcos i don't post much on this forum doesn't mean i know nothing about cars, or in this case the 911

Indeed! Now you've given a reason your post is much welcome. wink.gif tongue.gif I do care about some of the members here unlike certain other people....!
RedLine
I hate change. I believe that they changed the 997 just perfectly. They didn't change the looks too much, but just enough. Great job.
idiot
QUOTE(huge colin @ Nov 10 2004, 02:04 PM)
Rant:

The fact that the 997 is in the Sub-Zero category indicates that something is seriously broken with our little Cool Wall here.

When Clarkson's doing the Cool Wall, you know why he never has a problem telling dozens of audience members that they're wrong? Because he knows that they simply don't get the point of the cool wall. (You can see how grateful he is when a couple guys in the back understand why the Ferrari Enzo is not cool in the Oct. 31 2004 episode.)

That said, the 997 is a fantastic car. The 911 stying hasn't changed for 40 years because it was great from the start. It's good-looking, fast, apparently wonderful to drive, and has quite a legacy behind it. Once more, the Porsche 997 is a very good car.

But it's NOT COOL. For those of you who have seen Office Space, I'll take an example from that: The reason that the writers had Lumbergh driving a 911 is because it's the stereotypical car for pompous, arrogant assholes. This is an unfortunate stereotype, but it's something that must be considered when deciding whether or not a car is cool. I'd love to live in a world where 911s were quietly respected and admired like Astons, and Ferrari owners all had a passion for driving and precision engineering. But, alas, this is not the case.

Uncool.

--Colin

what's the whole point of the cool wall in topgear? i haven't been following it for a longtime do you mind explaining biggrin.gif
DakianDelomast
Remember Colin, not everyone is as smart as you.
Mellender17
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 10 2004, 04:21 PM)
Remember Colin, not everyone is as smart as you.

Unfortunate isn't it... wink.gif Wouldn't the world be a better place with more guys like him...
huge colin
-
tune
Cool, I really like this car, but not enough to drop below frozen. Also Porsche were a bit lazy on the looks front (but thats not really a bad thing).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.