Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think i'm going to cry :(
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2
Easton
I think it'd take quite a miracle for Kerry to win the election.

I deep down thought Kerry would win, from what i've seen, Kerry seemed to be the most popular. But when it comes to polling day the result always differs.

It's even harder to beleive that Bush has lead so considerably in the popularity vote.

If Bush gets reelected... fine, but PLEASE Mr Bush, just don't friggen well wage anymore wars and piss off other nations, during the next 4 years of your rule. freaked.gif
AgaBoogaBoo
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/res...ults/president/

RIght now it's still really close
PAULIE_D
I wonder how the voting would have went if the Bin Laden tape hadn't aired just prior to the election. I think it encouraged a lot of voters that were undecided to vote for Bush.

I think from Al Qaeda's perspective, they would prefer to have Bush as president simply because he is such a strong symbol of everything the terrorists are campaigning against. As such, it will be easier for them to recruit more radicals for their cause. Perhaps Al Qaeda deliberately released the tape just prior to the election to give an added boost to Bush's popularity. Kind of a scary thought. The world is a complex place.
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Nov 3 2004, 10:45 AM)

Wow! The electoral vote gap is really close now. What hapened?
dcho
i agree, if more of the younger population voted or were old enough to vote, kerry would of had an even better chance of winning against bush. its the stupid fogies that are concerned about homeland security that vote for bush. what do they know about homeland security? what do they have to be concerned about? them and their farms getting bombed? i live in new york and i commute daily to the city for school so i was there when wtc happened. homeland security is compaign bs. if we get bombed again, well then shit happens smile.gif . but watch bush wage another war for the sake of "homeland security" dry.gif

yep im probably gonna get flamed canadian.gif
AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Nov 3 2004, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Nov 3 2004, 10:45 AM)

Wow! The electoral vote gap is really close now. What hapened?

Since last night before I slept, Keery got California which is 55 elecotoral votes. He got a couple other major states too
BLacK FirE
QUOTE(dcho @ Nov 3 2004, 10:56 AM)
i agree, if more of the younger population voted or were old enough to vote, kerry would of had an even better chance of winning against bush.

This election had the biggest turnout for younger voters and minorities. But it sucks that he still won. Bush and his war in terrorism. All he is doing is making more terrorists.

edit: I retract my original statement. They didn't vote, but at least i did
DakianDelomast
Ohio is the card. The problem is that there's upwards of around 250,000 provisional votes that have yet to be counted that can swing the state either way.
Viper007Bond
Anyone moving to Canada with me?
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(Viper007Bond @ Nov 3 2004, 12:47 PM)
Anyone moving to Canada with me?

Move to Toronto. Northpoint & I will show you around. canadian.gif
bankE46
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Nov 3 2004, 02:06 PM)
Move to Toronto. Northpoint & I will show you around. canadian.gif

how much will insurance be for my GTI? i think its time to move as well. ill see you toronto dudes in a few...
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Nov 3 2004, 01:18 PM)
how much will insurance be for my GTI? i think its time to move as well. ill see you toronto dudes in a few...

Insurance is quite expensive here. I would guess that it would be about $2500 / year (Canadian) for a male over 25 years of age with a 5* driving record for a late model GTI with full coverage.

Rates very depending upon which territory you live in.
Forrest
I wouldnt move to canada over sometihng this stupid. Half the teachers at my school today had a hay day making fun of bush. I seriously think 80% of Canadians have are completely blind and retarded when it comes to these things.

"I can't beleive bush won, someone should kill him"

I'd be glad to move to America under Bush.

QUOTE(Dakian)
Ohio is the card.  The problem is that there's upwards of around 250,000 provisional votes that have yet to be counted that can swing the state either way.

No, not eeven close. Even Kerry himself says that's not true. He accepted defeat graciously.
clarkma5
Bush is a retard; we'll see how much damage he does without having to worry about being re-elected. I think the answer is "a lot"
kates
I wept for our country - another 4 years of HELLLLLL mwahahahaha - shiot where is the sobbing smiley when I need it cry derrr we go...close enough
White RSX
Meh, I hate both of them.
clarkma5
Come 2008, you'll only be legally allowed to hate one of them.
AgaBoogaBoo
You know, I've always liked Canada.

I hear Indians have a bad name over there though...
Forrest
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Nov 3 2004, 01:54 PM)
You know, I've always liked Canada.

I hear Indians have a bad name over there though...

Like the Native american ones right?

Here in the North End and other bad ends of town you'll get 12 year old indians breaking into cars stealing decks, and systems or just doing sensless vandalism while they're parent sit drunk on the front steps of their house watching.

I know someone may call the racism card on me, but I'm not trying to be, but if you lived here and saw it it's hard to ignore. Even our teachers talk aobut it, and are fed up with it. I've actually seen number how native women are 5x more likely to be aboused while native men are even more times likely to commit domestic abuse and such.

Might not be so bad in A big city like Toronto and especially over in BC.

But in Northwest Ontario the natives will try to get you to stop on the highway and rob you blind. A buddy of mine drives a semi through there a lot and he says he speeds up if he see's them, after the stories he's heard and seen firsthand.
Mellender17
QUOTE(White RSX @ Nov 3 2004, 11:45 AM)
Meh, I hate both of them.

laugh.gif Ditto, I guess if I was a Yank it would be choosing which one I hate the least! (That being Kerry.) Bush in charge for another four years again huh? Jesus what has the world come to?
dukenukem
everyone in my office is celebrating so i guess i am gonna pretend to be republican too tongue.gif
White RSX
Well, Kerry withdrew, gracious loser I guess.
clarkma5
Yes, Kerry is gracious, and intelligent. Unlike his opponent. He would've been a good president.
Mellender17
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Nov 3 2004, 12:23 PM)
Yes, Kerry is gracious, and intelligent. Unlike his opponent. He would've been a good president.

So, it is not possible for him to become the Democrat choice next election? That's a shame...
clarkma5
Next election? Hahahaha...there ain't gonna be an election in 2008. All hail King Bush.
TexanBerettaGT
If Bush is soooooo terrible... Then each one of y'all should have gotten out there with signs and convinced voters of the """truth""". Yeah I didn't want Bush to win... But hes 10x better than Kerry would have ever been. So what we went to war under Bush. Also we went to war with Abe Lincoln (Hes praised), FDR (He's also praised), Washington (Greatest pres ever right ?). So don't be saying all this bull hockey about Bush being the end of the world.

Bush won the Electoral, and popular votes this year. Bush won like 33 states, Kerry won maybe 17. America chose Bush.

I have 10x more respect for Kerry now that he conceded graciously, opposed to being a crybaby and going to the courts.

Now life can go one. And we can all pray that we have a decent choice of presidents in 08. But until then I'm sick of all the griping, it won't get you anywhere. America chose, so shut up and go on with life.
DaGonz
Contrary to all the things you think, there will be an election in 2008.

My prediction: Mitt Romney (Governor of Massachusetts) vs. Hillary Clinton.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(Gonzo0903 @ Nov 3 2004, 03:42 PM)
Contrary to all the things you think, there will be an election in 2008.

My prediction: Mitt Romney (Governor of Massachusetts) vs. Hillary Clinton.

JESUS GOD NO!!!
clarkma5
QUOTE(TexanBerettaGT @ Nov 3 2004, 01:42 PM)
America chose, so shut up and go on with life.

I have a problem with what america chose, and under the situation they chose that...they chose a man who operates using fear and religious fervor instead of logic and diplomacy, but, more importantly, they have consistently supported a complete removal of the ideals america stands for. America is (or SHOULD BE) a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. Democracy is mob rule; the majority can get anything it wants, including my house or something like that. A Constitutional Republic protects the rights of the minority no matter what; so what happens is that the majority (christians) decides it doesn't want minorities to have rights anymore AND THE GOVERNMENT AGREES.

With Bush as president, and the republicans in the legislature, and a surpreme court that's gonna get conservative judges soon, we're gonna have all three branches of government in bed with each other and all checks and balances will be GONE. Welcome to the death of america as we know it.
DakianDelomast
For awhile. We might see a few years of hell but the wonderful thing about America is that overthrows of power are not only common, but accepted. If bush really "fucks up" America, IT CAN BE FIXED.
DaGonz
It has been that way before, with the Democrats in the white house, the senate, the house and the world did not come to an end.

The checks and balances are still there.
clarkma5
How idyllic...I don't trust the system enough to assume it's gonna fix itself, mostly because I see how the system is deteriorating.

And there's a big difference between having a system full of old-school dems, gonzo, and having it full of neo-cons. Neo-cons are power hungry bastards who have no respect for the limits of the system they operate in.
DakianDelomast
Ok then do something about it clark.
DaGonz
By the same token... left wing liberals wish to impose their beliefs on the public.

I find it ironic that those "limousine liberals" take every advantage of the tax loopholes the "conservatives" push through to keep their wealth, yet they feel that anyone who makes an income of over $70K is considered rich and should be taxed more!
clarkma5
How the hell do I fix a broken system that has the support of a healthy majority of stupid people? I can't change the minds of millions of people. I'm already on my soapbox here, and I voted...I'm too young to run for any office.

And gonzo, this election is soooo much more important than tax policy...the days when tax policy was important are long gone; we live in a globalized world, and we have international issues to deal with. Success at home takes a back seat to success beyond our borders. I find the limousine liberal thing interesting too, but it also represents a sort of sacrifice: rich liberals will raise their own taxes to support what they believe in. Republicans make no such sacrifice.
AgaBoogaBoo
I think we'll be just fine with Bush even though I wanted Kerry.

Neither will do anything horribly wrong
DakianDelomast
You're ON THE INTERNET. Newsflash, no one here cares about what you think. But you can join democratic clubs on campus, you can get involved in local elections, you can write to your governers, senators, representatives, even the president. And don't say that letters don't mean anything. They have an equations to where one letter equates to around 500 people's opinions. What I don't like is that you californians all basically hide out over there and try and run the country from your little spot of the nation. Look at the map and look at how many states wanted bush. They all had damn good reasons for doing it and you have no right to invalidate their opinions.
clarkma5
I'll have you know I've written MANY letters to congress, and have gotten responses. I will continue to do so.

I'm not going to join democratic clubs, though, because I'm not a democrat. Why should I support something I already see as a compromise?

And I certainly have every right to invalidate their opinions, just like they have every right to invalidate mine. There is a point, ya know, when opinions are objectively contradictory to things like THE CONSTITUTION. Don't fall into the trap where "every opinion is valid"...some just plain AREN'T.
mogulmonster
Stepping back and watching, I can see exactly why Bush was re-elected. 1st, I think that the democrats picked the wrong guy. I think Kerry would have won in 2000, but didn't have a chance this year. 2nd, their strategy sucked. Kerry needed to lay it out, and tell voters what he wanted to do for America. He has the intelligence to debate well, and could have run Bush in circles. However, all he said was, "I have a plan." Nobody knows what that plan is, and after 3 months of hearing, "I have a plan" over and over, people start to wonder if it's true. Clinton won because he told America what he was going to do, and how he was going to do it. He was decisive, he was likeable, and he was consistent. Kerry's team needed to take note of that, but failed to. They needed to lay their plan on the line, and drop the "America is going to fail under Bush" act.

Oh, and I vote for a Rice / Giuliani ticket in 2008. smile.gif
herkalees
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Nov 3 2004, 04:44 PM)
Stepping back and watching, I can see exactly why Bush was re-elected.  1st, I think that the democrats picked the wrong guy.  I think Kerry would have won in 2000, but didn't have a chance this year.  2nd, their strategy sucked.  Kerry needed to lay it out, and tell voters what he wanted to do for America.  He has the intelligence to debate well, and could have run Bush in circles.  However, all he said was, "I have a plan."  Nobody knows what that plan is, and after 3 months of hearing, "I have a plan" over and over, people start to wonder if it's true.  Clinton won because he told America what he was going to do, and how he was going to do it.  He was decisive, he was likeable, and he was consistent.  Kerry's team needed to take note of that, but failed to.  They needed to lay their plan on the line, and drop the "America is going to fail under Bush" act.

You sir, have summed up my exact feelings on the situation. Thanks for typing all that I am too lazy to type.
RedLine
Wow, I didn't pay any attention to the elections, actualy, I haven't payed attention my whole life. I just don't care... shit happens. I believe things happen for a reason. You can't hold grudges.
kbtitan
Four more years! thumbs_up.gif
clarkma5
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Nov 3 2004, 02:44 PM)
Stepping back and watching, I can see exactly why Bush was re-elected. 1st, I think that the democrats picked the wrong guy. I think Kerry would have won in 2000, but didn't have a chance this year. 2nd, their strategy sucked. Kerry needed to lay it out, and tell voters what he wanted to do for America. He has the intelligence to debate well, and could have run Bush in circles. However, all he said was, "I have a plan." Nobody knows what that plan is, and after 3 months of hearing, "I have a plan" over and over, people start to wonder if it's true. Clinton won because he told America what he was going to do, and how he was going to do it. He was decisive, he was likeable, and he was consistent. Kerry's team needed to take note of that, but failed to. They needed to lay their plan on the line, and drop the "America is going to fail under Bush" act.

Oh, and I vote for a Rice / Giuliani ticket in 2008. smile.gif

You hit the nail on the head...the dems needed a stronger candidate. But it still bothers me because, despite the fact that kerry is far from the best the dems could do (at least in terms of "candidate marketing") he is definitely WAY more qualified than Bush. And the majority of people in this country didn't see that.
dukenukem
i heard the stupidest statement so far in the day "i can sleep better tonight knowing my house wont be bombed in the middle of the night "
clarkma5
Wow, duke, that wins the "speshul priez"
fiber optic
I've come to realize that Bush really does represent the American majority quite nicely. Take that as you may.
BLacK FirE
QUOTE(TexanBerettaGT @ Nov 3 2004, 03:42 PM)
If Bush is soooooo terrible... Then each one of y'all should have gotten out there with signs and convinced voters of the """truth""". Yeah I didn't want Bush to win... But hes 10x better than Kerry would have ever been. So what we went to war under Bush. Also we went to war with Abe Lincoln (Hes praised), FDR (He's also praised), Washington (Greatest pres ever right ?). So don't be saying all this bull hockey about Bush being the end of the world.

You may want to go back to your history class. Lincoln had no choice, there would be no America if there wasn't a civil war. FDR, again forced to. Maybe you've never heard of a thing called Pearl Harbor? Not to mention there was a direct enemy. Don't go saying o well what about 9/11. Well guess what, the war in Iraq has shit to do with 9/11. And washington? what war was he involved with? He even said don't get involved in foreign affairs. Bush is the first president to ever strike first. All other wars either we were attacked or allies were attacked first.
clarkma5
well, yeah, he does. That reflects badly on the american people, though, not well on bush.
Windshield
QUOTE(BLacK FirE @ Nov 3 2004, 07:06 PM)
Bush is the first president to ever strike first. All other wars either we were attacked or allies were attacked first.

Well I don't necessarily support Bush, but Saddam did attack Israel during the first Gulf War. I'm not sure if you consider Israel to be an ally of the U.S.
clarkma5
Saddam attacked...Israel? Don't you mean Kuwait?

And that was 13 years ago, windshield, and we already had a war for that, which you named correctly...it was called the Gulf War. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.