Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ferrari 288 GTO
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
Avalon
Even if this car had a Deutch-Bonnet engine (go study your racing history books) in the back of it, it would still be still be sub-zero. It looks so good that I nearly wet my pants every time I see it, but I'll let you decide.

Engine:
Type: longtitudal, V-8, 32 valves
Capacity: 2855cc
Power: 400HP at 7000 rpm
Torque: 365 lb-ft

Dimensions:
Length/width/height: 4290mm/1910mm/1120mm
Wheelbase: 2450mm
Fuel tank: 120 litres

Performance:
Top speed: 190mph
Acceleration: 0-60mph: 4.9s

Transmission and undertray:
Gearbox: manual, 5 shifts+reverse

Suspension:
Front/rear: independent, double wishbones, coil spring, dampers, anti roll-bar/independent, double wishbones, coil spring, dampers, anti roll-bar

DakianDelomast
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Damnit I'm so conflicted.
Cyclone
It is one sexy little beast. I give it a sub zero
PAULIE_D
Best looking car ... ever !!!!!!!! I've loved this car since I first saw it in 1984. thumbs_up.gif

I'm rubbing ice cubes on my nipples at this very moment.
clarkma5
Like dakian, I'm conflicted to an extent.

In this car I see smatterings of the Testarossa; it's pompous ass of a Ferrari. Like the Testarossa, it's the kind of car that attracts people who know nothing about cars. HOWEVER, it also attracts people who DO know things about cars, and it looks pretty damn good. It all works out to cool, to me.
PAULIE_D
Like the Testarossa, it's the kind of car that attracts people who know nothing about cars.  HOWEVER, it also attracts people who DO know things about cars, and it looks pretty damn good.

Translation = the 288 GTO has universal appeal.

'Aint nothing wrong with that.
PAULIE_D

What a sexy body. drool
tune
Absolutely awesome!! Love the looks, -40 degrees!
PAULIE_D

Benny
woot.gif wow. sub-fucking-zero.
Avalon
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 30 2004, 08:26 PM)

In this car I see smatterings of the Testarossa; it's pompous ass of a Ferrari. Like the Testarossa, it's the kind of car that attracts people who know nothing about cars. HOWEVER, it also attracts people who DO know things about cars, and it looks pretty damn good. It all works out to cool, to me.

You make me laugh, clark, you and dakian. Has there ever been a car that you thought was truely sub-zero?
clarkma5
There's no such thing as "truly sub-zero", it's all opinion. For starters, I try to be tough in my evaluation of things, and second of all, I just don't like ferraris a whole lot. Therefore, my opinion in this case is lower than the vaunted sub-zero.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(Avalon @ Nov 1 2004, 11:08 PM)

In this car I see smatterings of the Testarossa; it's pompous ass of a Ferrari.  Like the Testarossa, it's the kind of car that attracts people who know nothing about cars.  HOWEVER, it also attracts people who DO know things about cars, and it looks pretty damn good.  It all works out to cool, to me.

You make me laugh, clark, you and dakian. Has there ever been a car that you thought was truely sub-zero?

Pshaw, Triumphs and rotaries.
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 1 2004, 11:34 PM)

Congratulations. You are the 1st Dieselstation member to use the term "pshaw" on the forum. wink.gif
DakianDelomast
I love that term. biggrin.gif
porschedream
Sub- it's sexy, fast and it's a Ferrari, Need I say more?
PAULIE_D
Who the fuck voted uncool? Sacrilige! wink.gif
cRiSiS
i saw the thread title and i was like YES!

this is almost my fav car EVER!!!!

sub zero for me biggrin.gif
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(cRiSiS @ Nov 3 2004, 01:32 AM)
i saw the thread title and i was like YES!

this is almost my fav car EVER!!!!

sub zero for me biggrin.gif

You and me both, brother.
LoudPipe
This IS my favorite car ever. The coolest car in existence. This is how the story of the Enzo begun
nismo
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Nov 3 2004, 02:36 AM)
You and me both, brother.

The day paulie turns black
Avalon
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Nov 1 2004, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE(Avalon @ Nov 1 2004, 11:08 PM)

In this car I see smatterings of the Testarossa; it's pompous ass of a Ferrari.  Like the Testarossa, it's the kind of car that attracts people who know nothing about cars.  HOWEVER, it also attracts people who DO know things about cars, and it looks pretty damn good.  It all works out to cool, to me.

+1 for Dakian
tune
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Nov 2 2004, 10:28 PM)
Who the fuck voted uncool? Sacrilige! wink.gif

It gets worse someone vited seriously uncool?

Btw what does pshaw mean?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.