Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FINALLY VW test facility (Pics)
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
nismo
Well, I was in the neighborhood so I decided to stop by the facility. Itís actually about 2 miles from Raymond James Stadium, where the Tampa Bay Buccaneers play. Off the highway that the stadium is on I took a very unimposing right turn onto Sligh Ave. The street has a couple of industrial buildings on it, as well as some pretty aged neighborhoods.

Just as I turned on this street, what did I see? A Toureg flanked by a Phaeton on each side. Unlucky for me, I didnít have the camera out at this point. Two more Touregs followed a few hundred yards later.

The building itself is COMPLETELY unmarked, barring the address # on the side of the building (Shown in one of the pictures). The thing that set me off that this was definitely the place was the rows of Xenon lights I saw behind the fences. There was also what looked like a test course to the right side of the building, complete with orange cones.

I stopped on the road beside the building and snapped a few pictures, a couple minutes go by and the fence gate next to the building opens up! Out comes a charcoal and a Silver Toureg, both with spare tires holders on the back that Iíve never seen before. I followed them down the street a little ways, took some pictures and went back to the facility.

After roaming around the parking lot taking pictures for a few minutes an unmarked white van with a siren on it emerged from the side entrance of the building and began to drive towards me. I took that as my cue to leave and sped away. He followed me down the street for about a mile. I came to an intersection, turned completely around and headed back towards the facility; he turned around behind me and continued to follow me. I drove right past the facility this time, jumped on the highway and lost him.

Benny
haha nice find nismo !
AgaBoogaBoo
awesome!

Make sure to post this on other forums too
nismo
a friend of mine put it up on VWvortx and i put it on vwfixx
Pking688
WOW that is some quality espionage i think we have ourselves a regular 007 here
but seriously awesome pics i like that touraeg styling
AgaBoogaBoo
You gonna go back?

Take a different car this time if possible, grab a video camera too, I wanna see their van come after you!
nismo
i was gonna, but the thing was keeping up with me!!! I was driving, taking pix, and defensively driving, nd trying to figurre out what kind of car that was behind the fence that was outfitted with Xenons.
nismo
Xenons
Look at the blue. Im thinking it was a passat, cuz the jetta doesnt have HID's

AgaBoogaBoo
So wait, are you going back there again?
nismo
yeah
fiber optic
How did you find out about the place?
Viper007Bond
laugh.gif Nice.
hÝgh
"Hello Nismo. Your next mission is to get a close-up-side foto of the new Tourag. If you get captured, Dieselstation will deny any knowledge of you. This message will destroy it self in 10 seconds. Good luck, you will need it!"
inky159
Hey that's exciting! Get out on foot and grab some closer pix... if you get questioned act 'special' and lost. smile.gif
AgaBoogaBoo
If you get video footage, I'll host biggrin.gif
RedLine
QUOTE(nismo @ Oct 25 2004, 09:14 PM)
a friend of mine put it up on VWvortx and i put it on vwfixx

Can you grab me the links to both of those threads?
Windshield
QUOTE(nismo @ Oct 26 2004, 12:46 AM)
After roaming around the parking lot taking pictures for a few minutes an unmarked white van with a siren on it emerged from the side entrance of the building and began to drive towards me. I took that as my cue to leave and sped away. He followed me down the street for about a mile. I came to an intersection, turned completely around and headed back towards the facility; he turned around behind me and continued to follow me. I drove right past the facility this time, jumped on the highway and lost him.

laugh.gif So how did it feel being stalked by some flunky in a white van?
nismo
It was kinda cool, cuz i was just about to lift teh cmera over the fence and snap as many pix as i could, when out of nowhere i see the van come up!
nismo
QUOTE(inky159 @ Oct 26 2004, 08:56 AM)
Hey that's exciting! Get out on foot and grab some closer pix... if you get questioned act 'special' and lost. smile.gif

LMAO!!! I was gonna do that too, or act like my kitty jumped the fence and yell at them till they get it, whhich it wouldnt be there, then i would snap pics!
nismo
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Oct 26 2004, 07:27 AM)
How did you find out about the place?

A pissed off employee, and after i saw a GolfV drive in there, so i researched the location and VOILA! A pissed employee emerged!
PAULIE_D
Be careful... the Germans aren't all "smiles and sunshine." (shameless Simpsons reference)

They'll be sending some hired goons after you, I'm sure. wink.gif
bankE46
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Oct 26 2004, 11:16 PM)
Be careful... the Germans aren't all "smiles and sunshine."

DU WERDEST EINE KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN! - vw test facility employee upon catching you.
biggrin.gif
inky159
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Oct 27 2004, 01:11 AM)
DU WERDEST EINE KRANKENSCHWESTER BRAUCHEN! - vw test facility employee upon catching you.
biggrin.gif

Hmm... according to dictionary.com/translator... YOU WILL A NURSE NEEDING!
bankE46
QUOTE(inky159 @ Oct 27 2004, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Oct 27 2004, 01:11 AM)
  biggrin.gif

Hmm... according to dictionary.com/translator... YOU WILL A NURSE NEEDING!

well, it means you will need a nurse, yes, but it more so a reference to family guy than a flexing of my german language muscles. it is grammatically correct however.
RedLine
There are guys that have done the same as you, and I've read stories about tires getting slashed after.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.