Full Version: My New computer
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
nismo
*Msi Motherboard
*Radeon 9600 gfx card
*768mb Ram
*P4 proccessor, overclocked to 2.5ghz
*2 cd-rw drives
*30gig primary HD, 120gig slave HD that i havent put in yet because, i'm thinking about getting a 250gb HD
*2x blacklights
*4 fans alltogether : 3 led lit fans, one uv reactant fan, with fan controls on front
*And one normal floppy drive.

DakianDelomast
Ricer box.
nismo
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 19 2004, 11:04 PM)
Ricer box.

Im not the person with altezzas on my car. Or a 2ft. spoiler.
DakianDelomast
Computer != Car

That and the asstails are gone. Moron. And the wing is 8 inches.
clarkma5
QUOTE(nismo @ Oct 19 2004, 08:08 PM)
Im not the person with altezzas on my car. Or a 2ft. spoiler.

I gotta say nismo, that was a pretty good comeback. biggrin.gif

Dare I say dakian got...0wned!?

Well, in spirit anyway.
DakianDelomast
In theory, but his statement is no longer valid. HE OWNED NOTHING!!
nismo
Well to do what i have done to the computer requires more than a screwdriver, drill, and common sense. It takes more time and effort to build a computer than to unscrew tail lights, and drill holes in a trunklid.
DakianDelomast
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
AgaBoogaBoo
Dakian, you lost this one bud wink.gif

Anyway, I like your setup, looks pretty good, especially that monitor smile.gif
DakianDelomast
I lost nothing!
Jadan2151
monitor is nice, but everythig else isn't too great to me. kinda boring actually
dukenukem
i would have suggested a 9800 series graphics card and instead of 2 cd burners one dvd burner . other than that no comments on the box.

i own a dell 8200 series shitbox. GOD i hate RDRAM
AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Oct 19 2004, 11:03 PM)
i would have suggested a 9800 series graphics card and instead of 2 cd burners one dvd burner . other than that no comments on the box.

i own a dell 8200 series shitbox. GOD i hate RDRAM

Why?

It's a really fast memory and works great with the Pentium 4. Only problem is how they marketed it, some legal issues, etc. never allowing it to catch on.

There were plans for a dual RDRAM based setup for very high end desktop computers. I guess that never went through tongue_crossed-eyes.gif
AgaBoogaBoo
Nismo, let's see more pics of your room biggrin.gif
Jadan2151
DDR 2 is way faster than rambus, plus ddr is more interchangable thatn rambus. intel made a good move to get away from rambus otherwise pentium 4 would have sold well.
dukenukem
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Oct 19 2004, 11:06 PM)
Why?

try and upgrade the darn thing.
bankE46
nice tube light... laugh.gif

do you have any intake fans on the front, or what is your flow setup? im running a 64bit 3400+ and a 9800pro in my box and ive got 2 intakes on the front, the side is intake, then the 2 rear + power supply are exhaust. the side becoming intake rather than exhaust made a substantial difference in cooling, but i think that was mainly because of the massive heatsink that wraps the 9800 which generated so much heat being right in front of the side intake
AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(Jadan2151 @ Oct 19 2004, 11:14 PM)
DDR 2 is way faster than rambus, plus ddr is more interchangable thatn rambus. intel made a good move to get away from rambus otherwise pentium 4 would have sold well.

Oh, right, I agree on that. I'm talking about the technology itself. I've been out of the loop for a few months, I left off around when DDR2 was being introduced. I'm commenting on DDR and Rambus
AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Oct 19 2004, 11:18 PM)
Why?

Now see, that's where they messed up. The RDRAM technology is awesome, it's just the companies messed it up
Cyclone
That Sunbeam fan controller rocks. Other than that your computer isn't really my cup of tea heh

AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(BankieVR6 @ Oct 19 2004, 11:29 PM)
nice tube light... laugh.gif

do you have any intake fans on the front, or what is your flow setup? im running a 64bit 3400+ and a 9800pro in my box and ive got 2 intakes on the front, the side is intake, then the 2 rear + power supply are exhaust. the side becoming intake rather than exhaust made a substantial difference in cooling, but i think that was mainly because of the massive heatsink that wraps the 9800 which generated so much heat being right in front of the side intake

I've got a single 120mm fan that just does exhaust. There is enough airflow that it doesn't needn any intake. Actually, it's usually running at a very low speed because it adjusts to temperature biggrin.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Oct 19 2004, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Oct 19 2004, 11:18 PM)
Why?

Now see, that's where they messed up. The RDRAM technology is awesome, it's just the companies messed it up

if it is gonna cost me half way to getting a new pc just to put a Gig of ram, the technology is useless.
Cyclone
Oh, guess I could add my specs too.

AMD AthlonXP 2500+ running at 2ghz
1gb PC3200 ram (2x512mb running dual channel)
Abit NF7-S motherboard
16x dvd rom
16x dvd burner
40gb Maxtor hd (Primary), 160gb Western Digital hd, 120gb Maxtor hd
ATI Radeon 9700 videocard
2 120mm high speed fans connected to my fan controller
92mm Zalman cooler for my processor
nismo
QUOTE(AgaBooga @ Oct 20 2004, 12:06 AM)
Nismo, let's see more pics of your room biggrin.gif

Why? Wanna see all my car posters? I have some from a year ago and a couple are of escalades with 22's, but i now hate the escalade and any car with more than 20' chrome wheels, and i have dieselstation to thank for that.
bankE46
QUOTE(nismo @ Oct 20 2004, 03:34 PM)
Why? Wanna see all my car posters? I have some from a year ago and a couple are of escalades with 22's, but i now hate the escalade and any car with more than 20' chrome wheels, and i have dieselstation to thank for that.

the power of dieselstation compels you! *splashes mobil 1*
the power of dieselstation compels you! *splashes mobil 1*
fallon
saving innocents from bling and rice, one victim at a time tongue.gif

decent little set up, i'm not keen on the red and blue fans... would have looked better to keep the blue/ultraviolet theme IMO, maybe even scrap the lighted fans altogether and just Have the UV.
Viper007Bond
You shoulda bought a CRT and used the money you saved to get a decent video card. tongue.gif

And since we're talking specs here, I'm working on getting my processor up to 4 GHz (it's a 3.0GHz chip). Dunno if I'll be able to pull it off, but one can only hope. cool.gif

Flashed the BIOS on my video card the other day and overclocked the hell out of it as well and OC'ing my RAM is my next project.
fiber optic
I need to upgrade! head.gif
BlackJack
ewww, its a raidmax case!! i used to have one but i HATED it. now im with the cheiftec and no problems so far... i love my computer, but hey its not finished yet!

Specs
Soyo mobo with 3 ram slots
Intel P4 2.8ghz(anybody know how to overclock it? if so, pm me please!
512mb ram(getting a 256mb ram soon)
40gb hard drive(adding another 40gb drive soon, dont really need the big ones)
6 fans(2 in back, 2 in front, 1 on side, 1 on top)
Thermaltake 420w PSU with 2 fans
Optorite DVD+RW/-RW 40x cd drive
regular cd drive(stock from ibm when i first had my computer)
matsui floppy drive

thats it
Viper007Bond
QUOTE(BlackJack @ Oct 23 2004, 07:16 AM)
ewww, its a raidmax case!! i used to have one but i HATED it. now im with the cheiftec and no problems so far... i love my computer, but hey its not finished yet!

I have a Raiddmax and I love it, but I did swap out all of the fans for some Cooler Masters. Those suckers are like mini tornados. thumbs_up.gif
Viper007Bond
QUOTE(BlackJack @ Oct 23 2004, 07:16 AM)
Intel P4 2.8ghz(anybody know how to overclock it? if so, pm me please!

Meh, screw PMs. You do it via BIOS. On my mobo, there's an overclocking for morons that allows you to step it up via set percentages and it'll auto overclock everything to match, but the best is to manually do it. Pain in the ass and it takes FOREVER, but I'm learning how to do it as it'll be worth it. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.