Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FUCK! we're being DDOSed..
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
hang tight people. Mix is working on it.
Incase you need help with some hosting or something, let me know. Maybe I can help out for some time smile.gif
Figured something was up.
QUOTE(the_anodynefear @ Oct 19 2004, 06:57 PM)

Short for denial-of-service attack, a type of attack on a network that is designed to bring the network to its knees by flooding it with useless traffic. Many DoS attacks, such as the Ping of Death and Teardrop attacks, exploit limitations in the TCP/IP protocols. For all known DoS attacks, there are software fixes that system administrators can install to limit the damage caused by the attacks. But, like viruses, new DoS attacks are constantly being dreamed up by hackers.

Basically packets sent to the server that it can't do anything with that start pileing up and wasting resources rendering the server's connection useless until the attack is stopped. It's brought down huge websites like Yahoo before.
Mix already blocked the ports it was trying to hack on.. and he's in the process of denying ip ranges. with over 7000 IP's.. man.. he's gonna be busy for a while.

i just wanna give max respect and :heart: out to Mix.
RJ 21
Yea, great job Mix. Too bad you ever rarely post.
So does someone hate dieselstation or what?
must be all the GASOLINEstation people.
No, chances are they're stupid little nerd fuckers who have nothing better to do than sit on their computer creating fuck virues to fuck up peoples lives. Chances are also they're loser's.
RJ 21
They're also loser's whats...? tongue.gif
QUOTE(Diesel @ Oct 19 2004, 07:05 PM)
must be all the GASOLINEstation people.

heh, just checked that site tongue.gif

It's a site with search boxes and stuff

There's no such site as

He was joking.

Well a friend at supraforums has a site
But he'd never do anything like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.