Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I found $200
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
nismo
I went to super walmart, and i was driving around 20mph, when something caught my eye. Seeing that there was nobody behind me, i slammed on the brakes, and to my surprise, there was a money clip, and in it there was 10, $20 bills. I was like holy shit. So then i went to the store.
Andso
thumbs_up.gif

What did you buy?
DakianDelomast
Should have turned it in.
Mellender17
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 17 2004, 08:18 AM)

You must be joking Dakian! After Nismo died a stroke of luck like that is exactly what he needs! Keep it man!
DakianDelomast
Not joking at all. Someone is really missing that money right now and could be going hungry.
idiot
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 17 2004, 08:37 AM)
Not joking at all. Someone is really missing that money right now and could be going hungry.

yeah, if it was just $10 it's ok but over $200 it's better to give it back..
fallon
as much as he should have turned it in... it was just a money CLIP not a wallet... no identification or anything else right? it would be next to impossible to prove who the owner was
Forrest
Finding things is cool

I've found a camera before and nobody claimed it, so yea.

And how many times have you seen someone forget something in a shopping cart at a store? One time I got like 100$ worth of nice stuff out of one. Mag flash light, some tools and trailer and electrical stuff. (yes it went unclaimed)
nismo
QUOTE(idiot @ Oct 17 2004, 01:03 PM)
yeah, if it was just $10 it's ok but over $200 it's better to give it back..

You said over $200.00 nd i found $200 not $201 ... and it had obviuosly been there a while, because it was all nasty and waterlogged, so i took it to the bank and got new bills.
DakianDelomast
I'm warnitizing you for not being a good person.
dukenukem
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 17 2004, 02:51 PM)
I'm warnitizing you for not being a good person.

dakian, what do you suggest he should do to return the money to the rightful owner ??

unless the guy who lost it had saved the numbers on each bill there is no way of telling who is the real owner. the best that can be done is give it for charity or something.
DakianDelomast
Even so he could have given it to the store or given it to the police, somebody who could make sure the money gets it has a chance of getting to the right owner.
dukenukem
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 17 2004, 02:58 PM)
Even so he could have given it to the store or given it to the police, somebody who could make sure the money gets it has a chance of getting to the right owner.

even if he did that (which he should have ) the real chances of finding the real owner are slim to none .... unless the guy had withdrawn it from a ATM or something.
DakianDelomast
It doesn't matter what the chances are. Turning it in is still the right thing to do and the thing he should have done.
White RSX
Then after a few weeks, its his anyhow! biggrin.gif
Diesel
bah. i say keep it and enjoy it. if it was in a wallet with some ID.. then yeah return it.. but if it's just a money clip.. it's fair game.
TrueSlideXL
I returned a cellphone once and kmart never gave it to the owner. I was there the whole day and no PA announcements were made. When I went to the manager he said he didn't remember me giving him anything. And so I went home pretty mad. laugh.gif
nismo
Dakian that is bull shit. You warned me for not turning in money that i found in florida, and i didnt turn it in. If i did i would never of seen it again, because there was no identification what so ever on it. It was a plain silver money clip, and was only metal, and you warned me ? WHAT THE FUCK IS UP YOUR ASS? I think its bullshit that you warn me for finding something AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FORUMS.
Pking688
i lost my wallet and it dissapeared, poof im out of 20 bucks and all my shit is gone, its people like you that make capitilism rotten

plus i hate your avaar
nismo
Well i think you are a cock sucking fag. You dont even know what the fuck happened. I also hate your parents because when they had sex, and had you it was a mistake.
DakianDelomast
laugh.gif devil.gif
nismo
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 17 2004, 05:08 PM)
laugh.gif devil.gif

What do you find so fucking funny?
BlackJack
you, thats what. laugh.gif laugh.gif
RJ 21
QUOTE(nismo @ Oct 17 2004, 01:13 PM)
What do you find so fucking funny?

Dude, you got one wanring. Chill. Dakian warned me for saying a quote he said as well. WTF, don't cry. It's jsut one fucking warning. I have like 5% right now. Chill. angry.gif laugh.gif
nismo
I have 3% and Nobody likes you. You didnt help at all with the little request a pic thread, you were running around trying to help like a 3 year old.
White RSX
QUOTE(RJ 21 @ Oct 17 2004, 02:00 PM)
Dude, you got one wanring. Chill. Dakian warned me for saying a quote he said as well. WTF, don't cry. It's jsut one fucking warning. I have like 5% right now. Chill. angry.gif laugh.gif

Correction, 7% biggrin.gif
RJ 21
Really? LOL. OK then in that case, screw you dakian and your bs warnings.
Benny
use the money to buy Nismo the second. and Pking, shut up, you like alfas.
nismo
QUOTE(Benny @ Oct 17 2004, 06:46 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif thumbs_up.gif
Viper007Bond
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 17 2004, 09:18 AM)

Exactly.

What if it was your money and someone had found it?
Benny
and get the cat too kill your mom's cat.
Pking688
what an ass you are, first you STEAL 200 dollars then you insult me when i was a victim of a THEFT . I don't know what your religious affiliation is but I believe that if you're christian you're headed for HELL.

If so or if not, Kharma will hit you up too.
Pking688
QUOTE(Benny @ Oct 17 2004, 04:46 PM)

Alfa Romeo are some of the best cars in the world.

NISSAN BUILD QUALITY IS CRAPPY

shoot.gif SKYLINE SEDAN
DakianDelomast
Ah this stupid has gone on long enough.
Cyclone
Okay, for one this thread is incredibly stupid because of the sissy fights going on.

Two. It was in a money clip. If it were in a wallet, I'd say turn it in also but if it's just sitting there in a fucking money clip in the middle of the street it was probably some stupid crack head that dropped it. Jesus christ give the guy a break you fucking cry babies
RedLine
Yeah, I agree, fuck, I have lost money before, I have never seen it ever again. So I figure, I bet i'm not the only one who will never gets their money back. So, turning it in or what ever, will do nothing. I would have done the same as Nismo... but i'll also add to the fact, for what ever I bought I would feel like shit, unless it was a good cause.
Diesel
wow.. i'm going to use my admin powers to post in this thread for now reason too! win!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.