Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MKIII Toyota Supra
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
DakianDelomast

Christ they offered a lot of engines in this car. The American market got both the 3 liter inline 6 7M motor in GE (Naturally aspirated with approx 200hp) or in GTE trim (single turbo motor with 230 hp). Other countries enjoyed engines such as the 1G-FE and 1G-GE motors (2 liter straight 6s with 150 and 170hp respectively) and even a 1G-GTE (same motor except with 185hp and twin turbos). But of course as usual Japan hoarded the 1JZ-GTE motor which was a 2.5 liter twin turbo motor with 270hp. The car was always a bit of a porker seeing upwards of around 3450lbs so its not a featherweight. But is it cool?
BlackJack
it is awesome actually! i love the design of it.
AgaBoogaBoo
I think it's an awesome car except for the headgasket issue
Pking688
Hyper mega super uncool, because it looks bad like a transam/mr2 from the back yugghg iich
clarkma5
It doesn't look very good, and it's whored around so much by a group of people I would describe as having "bad taste".

Not as bad as the soapbar supras though. Uncool.
AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 2 2004, 01:32 PM)
It doesn't look very good, and it's whored around so much by a group of people I would describe as having "bad taste".

Not as bad as the soapbar supras though. Uncool.

Could you explain a little more on examples of them having bad taste or something?

soapbar supras?
clarkma5
Soapbar supras = last gen

And I mean, lots of people with this gen of supra just...rice it. Yeah. I don't like it.
DakianDelomast
Clark would sooner eat his GTI piece by piece than admit that a modern japanese car is cool.
White RSX

Dig.
clarkma5
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 2 2004, 02:06 PM)
Clark would sooner eat his GTI piece by piece than admit that a modern japanese car is cool.

The S2000 is cool! The Miata is cool! The RX-7 is cool! The Protegé is cool! The ITR is cool!

These are cool cars. I have no hatred against japanese cars.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Oct 2 2004, 04:48 PM)
The S2000 is cool! The Miata is cool! The RX-7 is cool! The Protegé is cool! The ITR is cool!

These are cool cars. I have no hatred against japanese cars.

/me continues to poke clark with a stick.
shd
Looks alot better than the MKIV, still uncool though.
McKhaos
very uncool
DakianDelomast
Any reason for being uncool?
umop apisdn
Slow, ugly, 1980s/early 90s Jap car. Next.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(umop apisdn @ Oct 3 2004, 02:42 PM)
Slow, ugly, 1980s/early 90s Jap car. Next.

....Slow?
Mellender17
laugh.gif And you do relise we're talking about the Supra MkIII?
AgaBoogaBoo
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 3 2004, 02:53 PM)
....Slow?

My thoughts exactly. That late 80's jap car is faster than many cars today

Not to mention modding potential
TrueSlideXL
It's got low modding potential laugh.gif . But if there is ever an mk4 put up I demand they are pics of my car. Here's some good pics of some friends mk3's for sale so I guess you can use these pics.
fallon
Very cool. Personally i think it looks badass, i don't know what some of you are talking about. It's fast and its RWD, what more do you want?
umop apisdn
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 3 2004, 11:53 AM)
....Slow?

Damn right.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(umop apisdn @ Oct 4 2004, 10:01 PM)
Damn right.

Since when was a turbo straight 6 slow?
umop apisdn
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 4 2004, 07:10 PM)
Since when was a turbo straight 6 slow?

When were they fast?
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(umop apisdn @ Oct 5 2004, 11:02 AM)
When were they fast?

Turbo straight 6s are ALWAYS fast. Straight 6 engine propelled the world's fastest full body Supra to 8.6 sec in the 1/4. They've been fast since people started racing them.
umop apisdn
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 5 2004, 11:19 AM)
Turbo straight 6s are ALWAYS fast. Straight 6 engine propelled the world's fastest full body Supra to 8.6 sec in the 1/4. They've been fast since people started racing them.

There are full bodied (ie. stock framerails and all) Mustangs going 7s. Whoopty-doo. To top it off, it only has a single power adder [blower] instead of the TWO that the Titan Supra, who I assume you are referring to, has. [turbo + juice]

High five for letting me get to you. laugh.gif
DakianDelomast
Was I compairing Mustang to Supra? Did I say "oh the supra will trounce the mustang." No. I said the straight 6 is fast. And it is. End of story.
umop apisdn
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 6 2004, 10:10 AM)
Was I compairing Mustang to Supra? Did I say "oh the supra will trounce the mustang." No. I said the straight 6 is fast. And it is. End of story.

"Throw enough money at something..."

"...And V8 will be faster." End of story.

Also note: The Supra you are referring to is a MkIV Supra, not the MkIII the thread starter created this discussion about. :heart:
clarkma5
umop, the point still remains that the Supra is objectively fast..."fastest"? No, it's not. Fast? yes.

What a ridiculous fucking argument.
DakianDelomast
His dumbass started it!
clarkma5
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 6 2004, 02:25 PM)
His dumbass started it!

I know!
Zlover07
...word

rolleyes.gif
umop apisdn
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 6 2004, 01:25 PM)
His dumbass started it!

I merely said it was slow and it is, objectively, slow. You all are allowed your opinions but I'm not? T-riffic.
White RSX
Actually, it would be his "Dumb ass" that started it, not his "Dumbass"
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(White RSX @ Oct 6 2004, 08:29 PM)
Actually, it would be his "Dumb ass" that started it, not his "Dumbass"

Very true thanks for that correction. And umop don't worry I'm not being serious but I do suggest we end this arguement before we're both demeaned any further.
tune
Cool and legend for drifting so I understand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.