Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toyota MR2 (AW11)
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
Cyclone
Quoted from C&D from the 1985 issue (Best specs I could find)
Engine

4 in-line, iron block and aluminum head
Bore x stroke ......................... 3.19 x 3.03 in., 81.0 x 77.0 mm
Displacement .......................... 97 cu in., 1587cc
Compression ratio ..................... 9.4:1
Engine-control system ................. Toyota electronic
Emissions controls .................... 3-way catalytic converter, feedback: fuel- air-ratio control, EGR
Valve gear ............................ belt-driven double overhead cams, four valves per cylinder
Power (SAE net) ....................... 112 bhp @ 6600 rpm
Torque (SAE net) ...................... 97 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Redline ............................... 7500 rpm

Drivetrain

Transmission .......................... 5 speed
Final-drive ratio ..................... 4.31:1, limited slip 

Dimensions and Capacities

Wheelbase ............................. 91.3 in.
Track, F/R ............................ 56.7 / 56.7 in.
Length ................................ 154.5 in.
Width ................................. 65.6 in.
Height ................................ 49.2 in.
Ground clearance ...................... 5.1 in.
Curb weight ........................... 2380 lb.
Weight distribution, F/R .............. 44.5 / 55.5 %
Fuel capacity ......................... 10.8 gal
Oil capacity .......................... 4.4 qt.
Water capacity ........................ 12.7 qt.

Everything pretty much stayed the same except Toyota eventually ran out of LSD's and quit including them from the factory and the later models got a slight hp boost.

The SC version of the car is basically the same with the exception of a supercharger and the hp was bumped from 112 (115 for the later years) to 145hp.

The model years for the AW11 ran from 1984 to 1989. To be fair I'm posting as many stock photos of the car as I can find

^ except that one, because it's just badass!

The 4AGE engine used in this car, the AE86 and a few other cars at the time is still in used today (In a heavily modifyed state) in the Toyota Atlantic series. The engine pushes out 240hp, I'd love to get my hands on one biggrin.gif
fallon
it's deffinitely a cool little car, i just prefer the performance and looks improvement of the 2nd gen more
clarkma5
I can't call it any more than cool...it seems to not have aged that well. Excellent performance for its vintage, though.
Mr b00st
its a solid "cool"

the 4A-GZE was a neat little blown engine. Had an electric clutch on the supercharger to eliminate drag at idle. Made very good low end torque but unfortunately Toyota putzed with the suspension and apparently screwed it up pretty bad.

I'd really like an AW11 smile.gif
Avalon
Though I like the MR2 with the body kit and rims you posted, I'm still going to have to go with uncool, just because I don't like the looks. It's too '80s for me.
White RSX
Cooler than anything you bitches drive.
Mellender17
QUOTE(White RSX @ Sep 23 2004, 04:11 PM)

Damn right, wink.gif Jk, I wish the current MR2 was more like this.... sad.gif
Avalon
QUOTE(White RSX @ Sep 23 2004, 04:11 PM)

I'm gonna have to say no. And especially not cooler than your RSX, so I don't know why you'd say that.
Mellender17
QUOTE(Avalon @ Sep 25 2004, 06:29 PM)
I'm gonna have to say no. And especially not cooler than your RSX, so I don't know why you'd say that.

If you drive the Triumph in you're Avatar I'd have to agree! thumbs_up.gif Legendary car....
Avalon
QUOTE(Mellender17 @ Sep 26 2004, 05:53 AM)
If you drive the Triumph in you're Avatar I'd have to agree! thumbs_up.gif Legendary car....

Thank you, sir. And I have 2 words for you: Caterham R500. Boy would it suck to own one of those.... [/sarcasm]
tune
Cool as cool can be before being frozen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.