Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mazda Protege5
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
porschedream
Ok, so the Protege didn't do so well, i'm thinking the Protege5 will have a better result. I personally think the Protege5 is one of the nicest hatchback's. It's well done, uberly nice and reliable.

Specs:
Wrong engine.

DriveTrain
5-speed manual transmission front wheel drive, front limited slip differential, four-wheel independent suspension front and rear

Exterior Features
alloy rims 17 x 7 in. rims, 215/45VR17 tires performance tires
steel spare wheel, Roof and Glass, intermittent wipers rear defogger, Exterior Features, rear spoiler

Safety Features and Ratings
ventilated front disc / solid rear disc brakes 4-wheel ABS, front seatbelt pretensioners rear door child safety locks, child seat anchors emergency interior trunk release, rear center 3-point belt 2 front headrests, 3 rear headrests remote anti-theft alarm system, front fog lights

Convenience
speed-proportional power steering tilt-adjustable steering, heel, front cupholders remote trunk release, front door pockets cargo net, front 12v power outlet(s) front console with storage

Comfort
air conditioning front reading lights, dual vanity mirrors leather wrapped steering wheel, alloy and leather trim on shift knob front and rear floor mats, trunk light

In Car Entertainment
Kenwood premium brand stereo system AM/FM in-dash single CD player with MP3 stereo, 450 watts stereo output 7 total speakers, element antenna.

fallon
while slightly underpowered, still a very cool car. great handling, fun to drive, great looks. if only it had the mazda 6 engine
NorthPoint
QUOTE(fallon @ Sep 19 2004, 07:08 PM)
while slightly underpowered, still a very cool car. great handling, fun to drive, great looks. if only it had the mazda 6 engine

I completely agree (I own one!)... biggrin.gif
PAULIE_D
I test drove a P5 once. I loved the handling and the styling but I disliked the vagueness and relatively long throws of the manual shifter. The engine had an adequate amount of power but since the chassis was so well sorted, it could have easily handled a bit more power.
mogulmonster
It gets a solid meh from me.
clarkma5
Cool, for the same reason as the Protegé sedan.
Mr b00st
just thought i'd point this little discrepancy out-

the 2.0L turbo callaway-engineered 16v with 170bhp was used in the Mazdaspeed Protege, which was offered only in sedan trim. The P5 made do with a regular (and adequate) 130bhp 2.0L 16v.
tune
Estates don't do it for me I'm afraid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.