Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mazda Miata
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
DakianDelomast

Ok so its a chick car meant for women and gay people blah blah. What many people don't realize is that when the car started to save costs they installed a 1.6 liter engine. So what? The 1.6 liter engine came from the 323 GTX and is actually a turbocharged engine converted to a naturally asperated motor. So it means that its capable of 400 hp on the stock motor. It can boogie that's for sure.

But now that's not all the Miata is about. This car brought back the cheap little british roadster in a big way. Its one of the best handling cars in the world and is light and nimble. So any opinions on this car?
NorthPoint
Your poll options are fucking stupid.
clarkma5
"I don't care about gay stigma sign me up"

So true...it's a fantastic, lightweight roadster, with all the spirit of the original Elan, updated for the modern era without losing its way...not the fastest, or most beautiful, or most amazing car ever made, but it's definitely very significant and a lot of fun to drive.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Sep 11 2004, 04:57 PM)

Intended for the American market.
White RSX
They recorded a Triumph's gearchange for this car.

How cool is that?
dukenukem
Its definately a solid cool. I mean it handles and performs beautifully but all said and done its a copy of the Louts Elan so i find it hard to give it a Frozen vote.
BlackJack
meh, it just doesnt do it for me. i dunno why, but it just doesnt.
Dylan
I'm saying frozen, despite what you put for the options tongue.gif.
DakianDelomast
Wow I seriously didn't think this car could do that well...
Renesis
I said it was a gay car until like.. 6 months ago wien I finally realised that it was a fun car
Mellender17
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Sep 11 2004, 06:57 PM)
Wow I seriously didn't think this car could do that well...

Well you don't know you're members that well then! laugh.gif Joking....it's a brilliant car.
porschedream
The choices suck hard, like Jenna Jameson on a dick! But I'm saying Frozen, why, it hadles superb and for the price it's a real good bang for buck car.
LoudPipe
It looks girly but the skin hides a true sports car
Cyclone
I edited the poll options. They were a bit, gay.

The Miata is a great little car. Looks good and has great handleing. As far as small sports cars go, its always been one of the best and always will be.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(Cyclone @ Sep 13 2004, 03:26 AM)
I edited the poll options. They were a bit, gay.

Faggot.
Avalon
Ice cold. Anything based on an old british sports car has to be ice cold.

My car + Lotus Elan = Miata = thumbs_up.gif
Busta
Its a girlies sports car laugh.gif
Mr b00st
QUOTE(porschedream @ Sep 12 2004, 04:16 PM)
The choices suck hard, like Jenna Jameson on a dick! But I'm saying Frozen, why, it hadles superb and for the price it's a real good bang for buck car.

for a dentist you sure are hard up for REAL sex.
Mellender17
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Sep 11 2004, 01:57 PM)

Oh come on they aren't that bad! Actually on second view... laugh.gif
tune
Cool. Aren't most soft-tops viewed as hairdresser cars anyway? But this one is different, it has a laid back, but could kick your ass in a second kind of look, which is quality.

Not to mention the fact it was my first car on GT3 and it owned all!!
moe
Frozen. No explanation required.
Keitero-sama
Its got popup headlamps! That's cool +1,
Phix
Frozen.
milkmandan
Two of those pictures are of second gens, but still frozen.
bing5500
Cool because of the track performance, the "british roadster" template, and the potential for tuning. However, cannot be Frozen IMHO because it unfortunately has that unshakable reputation as a gay/chick car...
Phix
QUOTE(bing5500 @ Sep 26 2006, 02:46 AM) *
Cool because of the track performance, the "british roadster" template, and the potential for tuning. However, cannot be Frozen IMHO because it unfortunately has that unshakable reputation as a gay/chick car...

...and it's because of people like you which keep that reputation a float.
bing5500
QUOTE(Phix @ Sep 26 2006, 03:11 AM) *
...and it's because of people like you which keep that reputation a float.

How do I keep that reputation a float? Because I acknowledge that the car has a reputation? I know it is popular here to denigrate anyone who brings up the dreaded Miata mainstream reputation but it isn't like I'm the one who decided it.

BTW, it is the Cool Wall...I thought a decision here entails more then just the performance of a car but also how the general public views the car. Well, color me crazy but while car enthusiasts like us "get" the Miata, the general public has a very skewed opinion of the car. Like it or not, that opinion is out there even with us screaming about how cool the car is and a racing series specifically designed for the car...do you think it was a coincidence that Mazda distance itself from the Miata name?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.