Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
DakianDelomast
Ok... I'll admit it. I have a thing for reject cars. Cars that don't fit in. Maybe because they remind me of me. But that's beside the point. Here is the car in question the Porsche 914 aka the Granddaddy Boxster.

Designed as a coperative venture between VW and Porsche this entry model was concieved and was never loved from the start. It was too sporting to be a VW and it was too "Common People" to be a Porsche. In the beginning it used a flat 4 VW motor displacing 1.7 liters and eventually it got to displacing 2.0 liters and a flat 6. The engine was mid mounted rather than the Rear engine in the standard Porsche and most were targa topped affairs. An interesting note is that the 914 shared a very common element with the Boxster and that was the dual trunks. One in front and one in the rear.
Dylan
I'm gonna have to say cool. It's a nice little car and it was a good idea. the 914-6 is cool too.
Mellender17
Hmmm, what no of cylinders in what arrangement? (If flat four or flat 6 cool, otherwise, it's still pretty cool. cool.gif )
Dylan
"In the beginning it used a flat 4 VW motor displacing 1.7 liters and eventually it got to displacing 2.0 liters. The engine was mid mounted rather than the Rear engine in the standard Porsche and most were targa topped affairs."
Mellender17
Doh! "Read u dumbass!" It's cool.
clarkma5
Cool; these things tear up the autocross circuits these days, and when properly maintained/modified, they're downright sexy. They also receive 3.6 liter 964 engines with not much fuss, and then you've got a rocket ship!
Mellender17
Who's the bastard child now, eh? tongue.gif
DakianDelomast
Install SBC works too.
LoudPipe
Cool. This car handles like a dream, out-handles just about anything Porsche offered for the general public at the time, I've been told. It also has a cool racing transmission, first gear is down left (where 2nd would normally be.)
I was thinking about buying one some time ago
fallon
its Cool for the handling, performance, collaboration. can't really get around those looks too well though.
Avalon
QUOTE(fallon @ Sep 10 2004, 02:24 AM)
its Cool for the handling, performance, collaboration. can't really get around those looks too well though.

Like fallon said, I like everything but the looks. It isn't ugly, but it just doesn't strike me as a pretty car.
Busta
This and the Cayenne are the worse porsche designs ever sick.gif
Mr b00st
I love the 914. It's pretty ideal for a classic porsche on a limited budget as you get the real porsche engineering but basically volkswagen parts... easier to work on.
turbobrick
The 914-6 was a badass car, my dads friend used to have one with the widebody kit and all the factory performace parts. It was fast.
Cyclone
Its one of my favorite Porsches. I love it, wouldnt mind owning one.
tune
Nope, this is just aweful IMO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.