Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 935 "Moby Dick"
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
dukenukem

the reason it got its nick.

Based on 1974's 2.2-litre Carrera RSR Turbo, the 935 initially weighed in at 880kg, a full 90kg under the minimum weight limit. This allowed Porsche to strategically position ballast and attain a perfect 40/60 front/rear distribution. Using the RSR Turbo's Bilstein gas damper suspension, cockpit adjustable rear anti-roll bar and 917-derived four-pot caliper brakes, the 935's wheels were 10.5 and 15-inches wide at the front/rear respectively and shod with Dunlop tyres. A new engine and gearbox were installed, the 2.8-litre turbocharged motor designated Typ 930/72 featuring ultra exotic componentry throughout. Just about the only parts it shared with the production 930 were the standard crankcase and crankshaft, everything else having been specially developed. To participate in the 4-litre swept volume regulations, Porsche’s were limited to a displacement of 2856cc which they achieved thanks to a bore and stroke of 92.4mm x 70.4mm. This equated to exactly 3999cc when taking into account the solitary KKK turbocharger. Adjustable from within the cockpit, turbo boost could be varied from 1.2 to 1.5 bar of pressure, this providing between 550 and 650bhp. Compression was set at 6.5:1, an uprated twin plug ignition fitted and titanium connecting rods and driveshafts used. Transmission was the 934 four-speed.

Specs:

Curb Weight: 2260 lbs
Layout: Rear-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo Flat-6
Displacement: 3211 cc
Horsepower: 845 bhp @ 8200 rpm
Torque: 454 lb-ft @ ---- rpm
Performance

0-60 mph: 2.8 sec

Quarter Mile: 8.9 sec @ -- mph

Top Speed: 227 mph
DakianDelomast
Near absolute zero.
clarkma5
Funnily enough, my favorite part of it is how Porsche chopped the headlights off; it was their way around the restrictive rules that required production based-stuff. Yeah...

Anyway, I mean, wow, this car is so insanely fast...if I'm not mistaken, it's faster than a '98 GT1 in a straight line. The cream of the 70s racing crop IMO. Ice cold.
White RSX
PBB is stuck to a lightpole and I didn't even have to get the hose.
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 23 2004, 10:23 PM)
if I'm not mistaken, it's faster than a '98 GT1 in a straight line. The cream of the 70s racing crop IMO. Ice cold.

yup.

the GT1 went from 0 -60 in 3.1 or so sec this is a whole 0.3 sec faster. !!!! woot.gif
dukenukem
Who voted uncool angry.gif ...... atleast make your opinions public !!!
fgk42
thumbs_up.gif I like cars that look ugly, but you know perform.
fiber optic
Whoa, you can get a WRX in an auto?
dukenukem
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Aug 24 2004, 10:18 PM)
Whoa, you can get a WRX in an auto?

its symbolic tongue_crossed-eyes.gif
clarkma5
Yeah, you can get WRXs with a 4-speed automatic...it's probably the worse drivetrain ever made; the WRX is the last car that should ever have an automatic.
inky159
Cool. Kinda ugly (admit iiiiiiitttttttttt biggrin.gif) but deserves respect!
wild_willy
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Aug 24 2004, 01:13 PM)
Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo Flat-6
Displacement: 3211 cc
Horsepower: 845 bhp @ 8200 rpm
Torque: 454 lb-ft @ ---- rpm

Shite!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.