Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Peugeot 407
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
høgh
Personally i think it's a beatiful car and it's fun to drive and it have great comfort! So IMO, it is Ice Cold! The only thing is it's front! It is really big! But actually that is not bad at all when you see it on the road! And you can't really judge the looks before you have seen it in real life!

SPEC.
In-line 4 cylindre 2.2 litre engine
158 HK
217 NM
Topspeed: 220 km/h (137.5mph)

clarkma5
Uncool because it's been warped by crazy european legislations.
høgh
And what laws are that?
clarkma5
QUOTE(bitrix @ Aug 19 2004, 11:06 AM)
And what laws are that?

The pedestrian safety laws that dictate how the front end of the car should be designed...hence the long, sloping nose with lots of space between the engine and front.
høgh
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 19 2004, 09:18 PM)
The pedestrian safety laws that dictate how the front end of the car should be designed...hence the long, sloping nose with lots of space between the engine and front.

Yea, that's stupid! It probably doesn't even help! Who says "Hey! That was a nice car to get hit by!" after they've got moved down!?

But i don't think you can judge it from that, i mean it is the law! Peugeot can't really help it...
clarkma5
but it's the damn overbearing european governments trying to legislate every aspect of people's lives...I hate it, especially because the US will adopt it eventually.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 19 2004, 02:47 PM)
but it's the damn overbearing european governments trying to legislate every aspect of people's lives...I hate it, especially because the US will adopt it eventually.

Not with SEMA on our side.
Renesis
uncool, it's fugly and doesn't have any very good engine
PAULIE_D
I happen to like it.
Since when has long hoods and short decks become unfashionable ?
Isn't this the basic proportions of most sport coupes ?
Renesis
look at the profile, it's just not right
dukenukem
apparently it handles very well and stuff but its french. so bleh.gif
Perc
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Aug 19 2004, 07:19 PM)
apparently it handles very well and stuff but its french. so bleh.gif

rolleyes.gif

And no, the car isn't shaped like that because of legislation. We have this independent crash test organization called the EuroNcap which rate cars from one to five stars depending on how safe it is. They test, among other things, pedestrian safety.

Note that it isn't enforced by any laws to make cars that get good euroncap ratings, but a five-star rating is a BIG selling point for any car manufacturer. If I was in the market for a new car I wouldn't even consider cars with three stars or less.
NorthPoint
Just read on AutoWeek's website that the 407 was designed to meet US regulations just in case the decision is made to return to the North American market.

Uncool btw...
NorthPoint
QUOTE(Perc @ Aug 20 2004, 09:12 AM)
And no, the car isn't shaped like that because of legislation. We have this independent crash test organization called the EuroNcap which rate cars from one to five stars depending on how safe it is. They test, among other things, pedestrian safety.

Note that it isn't enforced by any laws to make cars that get good euroncap ratings, but a five-star rating is a BIG selling point for any car manufacturer. If I was in the market for a new car I wouldn't even consider cars with three stars or less.

My understanding is that the legislation regarding pedestrian safety will come into effect in 2007 (I think) in the EU and Peugeot simply chose to implement those changes ahead of the official requirement date.
Autovisie
I think the 407 is cool. At leats it's quite affordable. In Holland we don't have much cool cars. They are for sale, but we have taxes that put the prices trough the roof!!
Perc
QUOTE(Autovisie @ Aug 20 2004, 06:54 AM)
I think the 407 is cool. At leats it's quite affordable. In Holland we don't have much cool cars. They are for sale, but we have taxes that put the prices trough the roof!!

I feel your pain... finland has the oldest car fleet in the european union. Fucking taxes.
Mr b00st
a 407 would be a cool alternative to accord/camry, if they could make them well.

btw, i saw a 405 Mi16 near my house the other day (and i live in the US)... didn't know they imported the Mi16 here.
Boxster17
I don't mind it so much. Although I've seen a racing version that I like a lot better (407 Silhouette):

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.mv?fi...mv&num=1910
Mr b00st
btw... they offer this car with a 200+bhp 3.0L V6...
DakianDelomast
Spliiiiiiiiit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.