Black RSX
SPECIFICATIONS:

Engine type: DOHC i-VTEC 16 valve inline-4
Displacement: 2.4L (2354cc)
Power: 200 bhp
Torque: 166 lb.-ft.
Redline: 7100 rpm
Transmission: 6 speed manual / 5 speed auto

PERFORMANCE: (estimated based on specifications)

0-60: 7.4 sec
0-100: 18.2 sec
1/4 mile: 15.5 sec @ 91.7 mph
Top Speed: 145+ mph

clarkma5
I like the gutsy 4-cylinder/6-speed combo, and I think it looks pretty aggressive. I'd definitely own one in a blink of an eye. It's cool.
nismo
It looks too much like the new TL though...i like the new tl better
Black RSX
The interior and the nice 6-speed is what does it for me..

Cool thumbs_up.gif
NorthPoint
It's cool. Great styling, interior, and engine.
dukenukem
QUOTE(nismo34639 @ Aug 14 2004, 02:57 PM)
It looks too much like the new TL though...i like the new tl better

huh.gif make up ur mind man !!!

btw, a handsome car with a lovely engine and 6 speed bearbox .... definately cool
nismo
I did, I like the TL more.
Mr b00st
it's nothing special. Looks great in touring car livery though.
inky159
QUOTE(nismo34639 @ Aug 14 2004, 09:08 PM)
I did, I like the TL more.

Agreed, but it's more $$$ due to the engine and size. The TSX, I believe, is great for its interior, engine and suspension. Too bad it's CAN$38.4k sad.gif ... I guess it's priced competatively, but it's just out of my reach. tongue.gif
fallon
These pictures don't really do it justice, it looks much better in person. Cool
noooodle
cool: but the jap spec honda accord euro mugen or type R versions are way cooler
Mitlov
The interior is even better in person, the handling is fantastic, the car oozes quality, and the six-speed manual is second to none. Frozen.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Mitlov @ May 23 2006, 02:46 AM) *
The interior is even better in person, the handling is fantastic, the car oozes quality, and the six-speed manual is second to none. Frozen.

Are you getting "good" confused with "cool" again?
Mitlov
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ May 23 2006, 12:36 PM) *
Are you getting "good" confused with "cool" again?

No, I just don't subscribe to the philosophy that faults inherently make a car cool, and that the lack of faults inherently make a car uncool. The interior is cool--I love how it feels, the color choice of the gaugues, the shapes, the textures, et cetera. I love how it handles. It wouldn't be cool if it felt like a pig IMO. I love the engine noise under hard acceleration, et cetera. The car looks awesome and feels awesome to drive. That's cool.
PBB
And the coveted "Can Only Think Objectively Award" goes to...
Mitlov
QUOTE(PBB @ May 23 2006, 01:19 PM) *
And the coveted "Can Only Think Objectively Award" goes to...

No, not really. Yes, some of the things I like about the TSX are somewhat objective--such as the awesomely smooth shifter, the high-quality interior materials, or the precise handling. However, I'm going to list five things that I said in my past two posts. Read them again. Do you insist that these are all objective?

1. "the car oozes quality" (not at all the same as "statistically, the car has a low rate of unscheduled maintenances").

2. "I love how [the interior] feels, the color choice of the gaugues, the shapes, the textures, et cetera"

3. "I love the engine noise under hard acceleration"

4. "The car looks awesome"

5. "[The car] feels awesome to drive"
PBB
Yes, really. Your exceedingly calculated analysis of every car pervades what you consider to be cool. If only dumpy FWD sedans are cool because they're well built, is a car like the Lambo Miura cool? Objectively, it was horrible, hastily designed, poorly constructed and had a propensity to randomly catch fire, yet most people would say it's Frozen. Let's find out: http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=18267
Mitlov
QUOTE(PBB @ May 23 2006, 02:31 PM) *
Yes, really. Your exceedingly calculated analysis of every car pervades what you consider to be cool. If only dumpy FWD sedans are cool because they're well built, is a car like the Lambo Miura cool? Objectively, it was horrible, hastily designed, poorly constructed and had a propensity to randomly catch fire, yet most people would say it's Frozen. Let's find out: http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=18267

I don't give a s--- about supercars either way, so no, I'm not going to vote-on-demand for you.

However, I gave the Mustang GT a frozen--same with the Buick Grand National GNX--and neither are "dumpy FWD sedans." So you're as wrong on that point as you are when you said that I based this decision off of ONLY objective stuff. You know, objective stuff like looks, sound, and feel... rolleyes.gif

And I never ever said that ONLY well-built cars are cool. I said that I don't agree that well-built cars are inherently uncool because they're well-built. Or that flaws make a car cool (a cool car can be flawed, but flaws don't make a car cool). That's a very different thing than saying that a car MUST be well-engineered to be cool.

And out of all the members of DS to go after for their contributions on the Cool Wall, why are my decisions the ones you decide to scrutinize? Look elsewhere on the cool wall and you see such stunning insights as these (note that these are the entire responses, not exerpts) :
Hondas can not be cool.

it's a gay's car

I once dated a girl who was nearly obsessed with wanting to own one some day... That alone speaks for itself, uncool
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.