Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hummer H1
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
Dario
Ok, ok, I know half of you are going to say cool and the other half will say it's horriblle, but I had to do it.

And I don't want you people posting the same ol "it's too big, it's overpriced, it's a piece of junk" whiney crap, I want a legitimate reason why It's Uncool, otherwise, don't Post.

Same thing For coolness, I want a legitimate reason why it's cool, not just Hum33rz r00!z! etc.

So here goes-
0-60 mph -14.80 s
0-100 mph -104.00 s
1/4 mile -19.60 s @ 67.1 mph

The 2004 Hummer H1 is presented as a four-door open top or a four-door wagon. Though their primary purpose is heavy-duty trailblazing, they are also surprisingly well appointed. Plus, there are plenty of dealer-installed accessories available as well.

Inside, the Hummer H1 has a nice array of features. Air conditioning with an auxiliary rear heater, a Monsoon AM/FM/cassette player with in-dash 6-disc CD changer, an outside-temperature indicator and a heated windshield are all standard.

Exterior Features
The 2004 Hummer H1 is instantly recognizable. It has a massive sixteen inches of ground clearance and an imposing design. The H1's short overhangs give it dramatic approach and departure angles of 72 degrees and 37.5 degrees, respectively. 17-inch aluminum wheels shod with 37-inch tires are also standard.

Performance
There is no questioning this vehicle's performance. It can climb up steep angles that other SUVs wouldn't dare touch, and it has no trouble crossing thirty-inch deep rivers.

The Hummer H1's engine is a 6.5-liter turbodiesel V8 with 205 horsepower at 3400 rpm and 440 lb-ft of torque at 1800 rpm. 4-speed electronic automatic transmission is standard.

The 2004 Hummer H1 is a four-wheel drive model that employs TorqTrac 4 technology. The system automatically reduces tire spin on severe terrain or slippery surfaces by applying the brake to the spinning wheel. This allows the differential to redistribute torque to those wheels with traction.

That's not it: there's also a Central Tire Inflation System and a Runflat Tire System, which allows you to drive for twenty miles on a flat. An optional Off-Road Adventure Package gives the Hummer H1 front and rear Eaton ELocker locking differential, plus other equipment.

dukenukem
Wrong section to begin with and is this post bout the H1 or the H2 specifically or just in general ?
Dario
Oops, shoot, could someone move this to the cool wall please (it's 1:00 in the morning)

And the point of my (original) title was too avoid combining terms like "Hummer" and unrealted terms like "H2"

Oh, and I would be Very Highly Biased in this area, so that's why I didn't post my opinion...
clarkma5
Any reason this isn't in the cool wall forum??? tard.gif

And no, it's not cool at all, because the civilian version is bought by stupid people (aka rappers, or suburbanites trying to be cool, or off-roaders who would've been better served by a Jeep Wrangler) and the military version helps people kill other people. MJU, or whatever equivalent.

EDIT: I got it moved.
dukenukem
i have acutally sat in one of these monstrociites and me at 5' 7" found it tight in the driving seat ... and all the creature comforts mentioned above are utterly useless cuz you have to go thru the navy seals boot camp to survive in the driving seat .... it is not MJU just because can really go off road like no other.
Diesel
it's cool, but it's still bought by rich people who try too hard to be cool
PBB
Fucking Damnit! head.gif

I was mentally ranting about how the H2 is only driven by yuppie posers so I voted MJ Uncool.

The HMMWV is cool, it can run on: diesel, a combination of gasoline and diesel, rum, vodka, coleman stove fuel, kerosene, lighter fluid and damn near anything else that burns. cool.gif
shd
As long it stays off road it's Ice Cold.
NorthPoint
This thing is so uncool is there should be a fifth option at the bottom for things worse than MJ Uncool.
TexanBerettaGT
I don't think there is something a Hummer can't climb, or ford. I voted cool, cause its the ultimate offroad vehichle(sp). I would own an H1 in a heartbeat. But I agree too many rappers are buying the to "bling them out".
Forrest
I'd love to someday have an H1. It'd see little on road use and I'd probably just keep it on my own land beatin the crap out of it like it was made for. Ice Cold. cool.gif
RedLine
It was icecold until the H2 came out and wrecked its reputation. Now its cool.
nismo
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Aug 14 2004, 10:34 AM)
This thing is so uncool is there should be a fifth option at the bottom for things worse than MJ Uncool.

How is it uncool? It can go up mountains most people cant and when you flip it, it an keep on going.
NorthPoint
QUOTE(nismo34639 @ Aug 14 2004, 12:46 PM)
How is it uncool? It can go up mountains most people cant and when you flip it, it an keep on going.

It is uncool because 99% of the people who own one will never go off-road. And it is an environmental disaster. The people who buy them think they are so cool driving them, but really, they just come across as selfish egoists who have no regard for other people. It is therefore the king of the uncool.

Also it is used for advertising shitty movies and junk food.
nismo
True but my friends dad takes theirs out to the mud pit all the time
(shows how redneck im becoming)
Forrest
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Aug 14 2004, 12:10 PM)
It is uncool because 99% of the people who own one will never go off-road. And it is an environmental disaster. The people who buy them think they are so cool driving them, but really, they just come across as selfish egoists who have no regard for other people. It is therefore the king of the uncool.

I thought we were talking about the H1.. not the people who drive em. Do you hate miata's bacause it's a stereotypical queer's car? If not, that's the same retarded thinking to why you don't like the H1.

There's a line you can't cross between power and what not you need for a vehicle of it's type that cant be crossed to increase it's efficiency when it comes to environmental crap.

Perople advertise on fuckin everything?

I know this wont change your mind but your points to hate the H1 sound retarded.
Cyclone
Its cool because it's big and offroad capable. It's uncool because it's big and the interior (although i understand why, its a true rugged offroad vehicle) sucks. Before the days of bling, every rich kid wanted one of these.

But with all that said, it's still cool in my mind. I loved it as a kid and I still do as an adult.
PAULIE_D
If I was a rich Sultan living in the Sahara Desert, then yeah - it would be cool. But only then.
Ever seen the fully enclosed model in yellow ? It looks like a school bus.

Although this is an awesome vehicle for military use .... it really makes no sense to sell it the general public.
NorthPoint
QUOTE(Forrest @ Aug 15 2004, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Aug 14 2004, 12:10 PM)

I thought we were talking about the H1.. not the people who drive em. Do you hate miata's bacause it's a stereotypical queer's car? If not, that's the same retarded thinking to why you don't like the H1.

There's a line you can't cross between power and what not you need for a vehicle of it's type that cant be crossed to increase it's efficiency when it comes to environmental crap.

Perople advertise on fuckin everything?

I know this wont change your mind but your points to hate the H1 sound retarded.

I judge cars submitted to the cool wall in the same way as they do on Top Gear. My decisions are partially based on the vehicle itself and partially on the world around it, including who buys them and how they use them.

I didn't know the stereotypical "queer's" car is the Miata. According to surveys the top rated vehicle for gays and lesbians is the VW Jetta/Golf and Subaru Forester/Legacy.
PBB
QUOTE(NorthPoint @ Aug 16 2004, 09:22 AM)
lesbians
Subaru Forester

Granola Dykes.
heh.

So who's gonna admit the H1 is either Frozen or at least Cool and move it? tongue.gif
clarkma5
QUOTE(PowerByBrower @ Aug 16 2004, 10:35 AM)
So who's gonna admit the H1 is either Frozen or at least Cool and move it? tongue.gif

since it's tied, I was just gonna let it sit until it became untied, but whatever *moves to cool*
PBB
Heh, at 20 votes it was Frozen, ahead by 2 votes.
fallon
the h1 is the ultimate offroad vehicle, true its mostly bought by rich people who will never let it see a spec of mud but with the release of the H2 it has seen less of that. My favorite is the slant back military version, i would love to pick one up from a military surplus depot if such a thing can be done
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.