Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CitroŽn Xantia Activa
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
Perc
The Activa is a special version of the Xantia, CitroŽn's 1990s family hatch. It's not a very fast car, with engines ranging from 125 to 190hp, but the handling is extraordinary. The "Activa" name refers to the active hydraulic/electronic suspension which completely eliminates body roll when cornering.

The looks are very ordinary, but that's not a bad thing. The only thing separating it from a regular Xantia is the small "Activa" badge on both front doors. Can you say "sleeper"? I guess you could say it's france's answer to the Volvo 850 T5R smile.gif

When you drive normally it's as smooth as any Xantia, but as soon as you hit a corner it stiffens up and remains absolutely level with the road. Like any hydraulic citroen it has adjustable and auto-levelling ground clearance as well.

Pics:

This is a comparison between an Audi A4 and the Activa, both taking the same corner at the same speed.

The engine choices at the time were:
125hp N/A 4cyl
150hp turbocharged 4cyl
190hp N/A V6

0-100: 9.5 secs (150hp version)
White RSX
It's by no means cool in stock form, its a family sedan with black plastic doorhandles.

Remember, good ≠ cool
Perc
QUOTE(White RSX @ Aug 11 2004, 09:29 AM)
It's by no means cool in stock form, its a family sedan with black plastic doorhandles.

Remember, good ≠ cool

Yes, it's a family sedan... hence the word "sleeper". It's the advanced technology in it that makes it stand out from the rest.

Personally I like the stock look, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
RedLine
Car that can handle get a thumbs_up.gif from me. I vote cool.
PAULIE_D
I've always been a fan of angular cars and I especially like it's active suspension. I vote cool. cool.gif
clarkma5
never liked citroen...that's uncool.
fallon
the 190hp version is Cool
dukenukem
its french so uncool.
PAULIE_D
QUOTE(dukenukem @ Aug 11 2004, 08:43 PM)
its french so uncool.

You hate all French cars or you simply hate anything that is French ??
b0mb3r
Nice and boxy, just how I like my cars :-). It definetly would be a neat car to drive on the twisties thumbs_up.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Aug 11 2004, 08:32 PM)
You hate all French cars or you simply hate anything that is French ??

pretty much all french cars except the peugot hot hatches and somehow i find the whole frech attitude very pretentious/obnoxious for my likings .... and all for a very personal reason.
Black RSX
Never seen that car before..

Looks really cool though... fun to drive.. thumbs_up.gif
Mr b00st
pfftt, not even close. (850 T5-R pics aren't working)
Perc
A friend just bought an Activa Turbo and I got to test drive it today.

Try imagine having a video tape of a car going around a corner at 10mph. Now play the tape 4x faster and imagine how it looks. No body roll, no tire squeal... jesus.

I want one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.