Torque @ RPM-324@3600

Fuel Economy Cty/Hwy16 / 22
EPA ClassFour Wheel Drive SUV
Number of Valves-32
Valves Configuration-Dual Overhead Cam/Twin Overhead Cam

Cargo Volume (MFR)-23.8

Crash Test Rating-5*/5*

dukenukem
Sorry dude, I am not particularly fond of SUVs.
NorthPoint
Like I have said before, there are only 2 cool SUVs in the world. The Land Rover 90/110 and the Toyota Landcruiser (before it got plasticy and soft).
stuffthatsgood
Voted cool for X5s of note:

-3.0i for manual transmission
-Dinan Supercharged S3-X5 4.6is for power, speed
-4.8is for good looks

If only the three could be combined.
b0mb3r
cool, only because i always had a soft spot for any BMW whistle.gif
DakianDelomast
Big Beemers are not cool.
fallon
they're decent, but pointless
White RSX
Just another Sport Futility Vehicle
clarkma5
Uncool...as my friend calls it, "the blech 5"
mogulmonster
Meh...all that weight, and less cargo space than a VW Golf.

MJ uncool.
RedLine
They're cool, but not something to look twice at or take pictures on the highway.
Cyclone
You sold your Boxster for this....
MJ Uncool
PAULIE_D
The 4.4i and 4.6i are exceptioanlly fast but I think they are a novelty. While much bulkier and heavier that the 5-series sedans they are based on, there is hardly any useful cargo space and the tapered roofline at the rear really impedes how much cargo you can fit behind the rear seat. Also, I am not very impressed with the quality of the materials used for the interior. The X5 is assembled in the U.S. so I doubt that it's put together as well as other models manufactured in Germany. Bottom line. The X5 was BMW's attempt to cash in on the SUV bandwagon.

I'd rather have a 325xi all-wheel-drive wagon and it's substantially cheaper.

The X5 still gets a "cool" vote from me - mainly because of the manual equipped X5 3.0i.
Mr b00st
MJ uncool.

Take a BMW- a car that has traditionally been a nimble, solid, enjoyable vehicle to drive with good steering responses, rapid acceleration, strong brakes, and a fun nature (well, in a german sort of way)- and then totally muck it up.

The SUV has all the features that BMW didn't used to- and really shouldn't- stand for- high center of gravity, high kerb weight, not exactly sparking acceleration (325bhp and it can't crack under 7 for a 0-60? sad.) The X5 is almost as bad of a brand sellout as teh Cayenne is.

you expect great things from BMW, and the X5 doesn't deliver. The FX45 is the "BMW" of SUV's, and that's because it can't really do any SUV things. That's because the concept of a truck and a BMW don't mix, dumbasses, and they never will.

I'm not a BMW jerk (the only bimmer i like is the M Coupe in 315bhp form and the old 635CSi models, M1, and early M5's) but the X5 makes me mad every tiime i see one. THe X3 is less pointless, wait no it's more pointless... cause it's a bad bmw and a piss poor truck. Same with the X5.
Mellender17
"If the Beemer X3 is for the common glue sniffer than an X5 is for drug-dealers or footballers wives" Jeremy Clarkson

Says it all really, if there was a section below MJ uncool then this would be in it, and it's a sign of all the bad things about capitalisation...
Banglemobile
Who voted Icy Cold? Does anyone here work for BMW?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.