Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McLaren-Mercedes SLR
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Seriously Uncool
Pages: 1, 2
clarkma5
626 HP supercharged V8, 3.8 seconds from 0-60, top speed of 208 MPH.

Sounds pretty good right? I don't think so, and here's why:

3748 pound dry weight, 5 speed automatic transmission, and the fact that it looks like a retarded SL. This car is more than just "uncool"; this car is a bastardization of all that is good about supercars. It tries to be a racecar and luxury car all at once and it ends up being worth less than the sum of its parts. I'm whipping out the MJU card on this one, personally.

CivicEX04
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 6 2004, 06:56 PM)
626 HP supercharged V8, 3.8 seconds from 0-60, top speed of 208 MPH.

And it's Mercedes/McLaren. Definitely very cool, I think.
PBB
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 6 2004, 06:56 PM)
Sounds pretty good right? I don't think so, and here's why:
[]

My sentiments exactly.

RJ Uncool dry.gif
fiber optic
Catching a glimpse of your mommy's boobies uncool. sick.gif thumbs_down.gif
mogulmonster
The complete lack of a respectable transmission makes this "catching PBB humping your sister" uncool.
Dario
I think this was meant as more of a luxury car with a big engine than a supercar, that's why it has an auto, I mean do you see bentley's with sticks? And although this badly desrve's a stick, I't can never be called a "Supercar"

The styling isn't as horrific as you all make it sound, and I believe this car is respectable enough to deserve an "uncool" the only thing keeping it out of MJ is the engine, and the fact that is was built by Mclaren and the only thing keeping it out of "cool" is the fact that this is the ultimate "I'm better than you," rich-bastard posuer car...
PBB
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Aug 6 2004, 08:59 PM)
"catching PBB humping your sister" uncool.

ohdear.gif You found out about that?!!?
RedLine
I love it. It could use less weight though, It'd be great to strip out the interior. Get rid of the heavy automatic transmission.
Cyclone
Well, on Top Gear the brakes caught on fire... I think thats reason enough for it to be MJ Uncool
dukenukem
its the worlds fastest lazy boy !!!!!! does that make it cool ?
fallon
its hideous, heavy and automatic only MJ
Mellender17
QUOTE(CivicEX04 @ Aug 6 2004, 04:57 PM)
And it's Mercedes/McLaren. Definitely very cool, I think.

Honestly man have you no taste at all? Or do you just rate all cars by how much BHP they have? A dragster would be for you what the DB9 is for me....Vulgar and disgusting if you ask me, great car but I'll have a Carrera GT or a Zondaaaa thanks!
Mr b00st
it's MJ uncool unless it's popping huge, smoking doughnuts.
sticksman83
[font=Tahoma]Yeah, it is naff. If I wanted a lazy-boy, I'd buy an XK-R. That V8 is the only reason it's not Michael Jackson Uncool... oh and it's made in the UK. wink.gif
Windshield
Uh, if anyone can be bothered to move this car, its now Ice Cold.
DakianDelomast
We all know where it really belongs.
Smartdriver
Ice Cold.

Fantastic design, great V8 Engine with aeroplane sound, carbon fiber chassis, ceramic brake...ok...it's automaitc but SLR for me is one of the best Supercar of that years thumbs_up.gif
arnge
Say what ever you want , this baby is ICE COLD for me

<<<<<<<<< check the avatar.
Windshield
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Dec 18 2005, 05:11 AM) *
We all know where it really belongs.

I saw clarkma changing votes in the DSCOTY. Why don't you change all the votes to Disgustingly Uncool.
350Z
Or you could just move it I mean how much difference is it going to make if it is moved. I used to hate it but its become better looking as time went on, especially in black. It's just the same as all recent mercedes, they dont make lightweight drivers cars, they make super fast luxury cars.
bing5500
The look of this car has grown on me and I can imagine myself buying it if I was wealthy so I voted for cool.
Pinecone
I know this is a bit late, but shouldn't this be in the Frozen section? It's kinda like the NSX thread where the later decisions have changed where this car belongs.
DakianDelomast
No matter what the mclaren will always be uber-uncool.
moe
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Oct 6 2006, 09:40 PM) *
No matter what the mclaren will always be uber-uncool.

It shouldn't even be called a McLaren...it's much too ugly. It's a Mercedes.
Pinecone
QUOTE(moethepaki @ Jan 7 2007, 07:46 PM) *
Having actually seen that color on the road I can certify it's pretty badass. Actually I've seen them in all the colors they've been built in. Silver is stunning but kind of meh, black is pretty badass, red is too garish, the indigo (purple) is pretty hot, white is classy, and my personal favorite is pink...uh no. I haven't seen the green one, but that's my favorite.

The one shown here is Silver, yet you call it ugly oh.gif
arnge
hey , i think it is in the worng section.
PBB
You think wrong, the SLR is banished to a lifetime in disgustingly uncool.

Read the rules: http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=5975 and put your comments about voting in the feedback thread: http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=16887
Synesthesia
To call this car ice cold is ludicrous.
marcos_eirik
And, on top of all of it's super uncoolness Paris Hilton has one. So it's Michael Jackson Uncool...
moe
QUOTE(Pinecone @ Jan 11 2007, 12:08 AM) *
The one shown here is Silver, yet you call it ugly oh.gif

Check the time between the posts...my opinion on the SLR has changed.
nsx_23
I'd buy one, then strip it out completely....

The long bonnet can lead to some bad jokes though, and people will have bad impressions of you if you drive that down the road.
350Z
Why buy an SLR in the first place if you're just going to strip it out?
johnny.msyl.25
Uncool. Could be cool IMO if Mercedes simplifies the interior and give it a proper manual gearbox. Shifting is fun..... DS_Naughty2.gif
clarkma5
Who moved this? angry.gif
Razor
It has been voted on as Frozen... just leave it. biggrin.gif
clarkma5
QUOTE(Razor @ Sep 24 2007, 04:34 PM) *
It has been voted on as Frozen... just leave it. biggrin.gif

this car defines MJU. By standing ruling of the creators of the cool wall, it goes back to where it belongs.
UserDrew
This car is fucking awesome. It goes like hell, burns through gas faster than anything else and sounds like a damn wwII fighter. It is frozen and should be in the frozen section just as the vote dictates!
Razor
QUOTE(UserDrew @ Sep 25 2007, 01:09 AM) *
This car is fucking awesome. It goes like hell, burns through gas faster than anything else and sounds like a damn wwII fighter. It is frozen and should be in the frozen section just as the vote dictates!

/queue rant from clark about why this car isn't cool.
clarkma5
Sorry, but this car has been doomed to MJU by decree of the founders of the forum from the start of the cool wall. 'nuff said.
Synesthesia
The epitome of uncool. You know how Clarkson has veto power over the cool wall? Yeah, it's being exercised now and you just have to deal.
UserDrew
Not since his cool wall was burned to a crisp.
Bjorn
With British Racing Green paint and 7.22 trim, Cool...with Flat Black paint and 7.22 trim, frozen.
Dr. Strangelove
Its a supercar with a torque converter and room for golf clubs... This car could not get any less cool. This car is all about impressing other people with your clout. MJU this car should stay.
Synesthesia
QUOTE(Dr. Strangelove @ Oct 30 2007, 09:51 AM) *
Its a supercar with a torque converter and room for golf clubs... This car could not get any less cool. This car is all about impressing other people with your clout. MJU this car should stay.

Torque converter? huh.gif
Dr. Strangelove
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/torque-converter.htm
Synesthesia
Interesting. Thanks smile.gif.
CarDesigner'09
The SLR 722 GT in nice... 3064 lbs, 680 bhp, top speed of 195. But then again, I suppose it can't qualify to be one the wall seeing as to how it's not a street car. Good read though:
http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/slr_722_gt.asp
moe
It can. Doesn't have to be a street car to be on the cool wall. Btw, I saw the GT at the Dubai Motorshow...absolute sex.
Razor
No *special* treatmeant, Clark. No matter how much you hate it.
clarkma5
What?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.