Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taurus SHO
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
RedLine
The fastest, ugliest, most light weight SHO.

V6 DOHC,
220hp
210ft-lbs of toruqe
0-98kph around 7 seconds
5-speed manual transmission
fwd
four doors

Bare with me, if someone can come up with some better performance specs or anything, please tell me.

I think it's a cool car.
mogulmonster
Not frozen, but cool. They can beat a 5.0 Mustang off the line, but that only lasts for about the first 100 feet. They were sleepers, before people looked for the SHO imprint on the rear bumper, but props to Ford for putting out a sedan that was actually enjoyable to drive.
clarkma5
Uncool...it's an ugly Taurus, and is frequently seen with "ford pattern baldness". I've always hated this particular generation of Taurus in terms of styling, too. In fact, it's so close to MJU it's not even funny.
PAULIE_D
I voted cool. I'm a sucker for sleepers.
dukenukem
it is just about cool .... nothing special !!
Mr b00st
uncool.
Diesel
it was way cool at the time.. but now looking back at it.. soo uncool. bad build quality, performance is just mediocre.. and still heavy.
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Aug 5 2004, 02:08 PM)
I voted cool. I'm a sucker for sleepers.

thumbs_up.gif

cool.
Cyclone
The only thing thats good about this car is the powerplant. Other than that, it's a Taraus and it's the from the ugliest generation of them all
fallon
the sleeper aspect is cool, but otherwise its Uncool
RedLine
thumbs_up.gif I like the car, but I wouldn't own/buy one. I think its a fun car. It sounds great, and it's quick and its a tuarus, ahah! thumbs_up.gif
Enigma_Man
I hardly think the above is the ugliest Taurus, see this one for why:

The duck-billed ugly takes the cake IMO for that honor, not that any Taurus is much of a looker.

However, the SHOs (Slightly Higher Output, it was decided) are performance versions of a 'normal' car, which usually gets a 'cool' in my book.

-Jesse
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(Enigma_Man @ Aug 6 2004, 08:55 AM)
However, the SHOs (Slightly Higher Output, it was decided) are performance versions of a 'normal' car, which usually gets a 'cool' in my book.

"Super High Output"

it was a joke that the last gen SHO's which were V8's were called "Slightly Higher Output" because they barely outperformed their V6 predecessors
Dario
LOL, one of my friends just picked up a SHO that had the front end crunched for 400$, and hammered it out, I't looks brand new, except for the hood, which is missing. Even has some Nice chrome wheels too!
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(Dario @ Aug 6 2004, 08:12 PM)
LOL, one of my friends just picked up a SHO that had the front end crunched for 400$, and hammered it out, I't looks brand new, except for the hood, which is missing. Even has some Nice chrome wheels too!

PICS, now
Dario
In time, 5liter, In time... wink.gif (have no Pics yet)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.