Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mazdaspeed Protege
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
porschedream
Base Price: $27,000CDN

Specs:

Engine:
· 2.0-Liter, I4, 16-Valve, DOHC, SEFI Engine, Front/Transverse Mounted with Horsepower of 170@6000 and Torque Of 160@3500; Cast Iron Block and Alloy Cylinder Heads
· Garrett T25 Ball-Bearing Turbocharger With Air-To-Air Intercooler

Transmission:
· 5-Speed Manual Transmission With Overdrive

Braking & Traction:
· 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes With 3 Channels and 4 Sensors
· Front power 274-mm Ventilated Disc Brakes and rear power 280-mm solid disc

Brakes:
· Electronic Brake Force Distribution
· Tochigi Fugi® Limited Slip Differential

Suspension:
· Independent MacPherson Strut Front Suspension With Coil Springs, Strut Tower Brace and Tokico® Dampers
· Independent Strut-Type Rear Suspension With Twin Trapezoidal Links, Coil Springs and Tokico® Dampers
· 20-mm Rear Stabilizer Bar

Steering:
· Power Engine Speed Sensitive Rack and Pinion Variable Assisted Steering
· Tilt Steering Wheel
NorthPoint
Well first of all there should be 4 options in the poll, and a picture would be a good addition.
nismo
mogulmonster
4 options for the poll...

I would say cool. I got to drive one, and I was pleasantly suprised how quickly I could go through the gears. They really move well for a little car, and the suspension is great. For straight from the factory performance, its a great car. Not frozen, because I would take an STI over it.
Black RSX
It is a nice car and all... I would not mind driving it... but it is not a cool car in my opinion.
SeannyC
god damn it!

why do people keep putting up poles that don't match the cool wall format?!

If I was to vote No, would it go in uncool or mj uncool? If I was to vote yes would it go into cool or ice cold?
Renesis
Yes.. dunno
No.. uncool..

the hell no is for MJ uncool
Cyclone
I think they're cool. From what I hear they're very fun cars and they're decently priced. Also the styling looks pretty good too, especially the Mazdaspeed versions. I dig it!
Mr b00st
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Aug 4 2004, 04:08 PM)

I would say cool. I got to drive one, and I was pleasantly suprised how quickly I could go through the gears. They really move well for a little car, and the suspension is great. For straight from the factory performance, its a great car. Not frozen, because I would take an STI over it.

MSP listed at about 19k.
STi is 31k.

Of course you'd take the STi over it. For the same price in an impreza you'd have a non-blown EJ25 lump.
Dylan
Ice cold, it's an awesome car for not alot of money.
mogulmonster
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Aug 4 2004, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ Aug 4 2004, 04:08 PM)

I would say cool.  I got to drive one, and I was pleasantly suprised how quickly I could go through the gears.  They really move well for a little car, and the suspension is great.  For straight from the factory performance, its a great car.  Not frozen, because I would take an STI over it.

MSP listed at about 19k.
STi is 31k.

Of course you'd take the STi over it. For the same price in an impreza you'd have a non-blown EJ25 lump.

Ok, fine. I'd take a regular WRX or an SRT-4 over it, too.
Mr b00st
a WRX is 26k.
and SRT-4 is another 2 grand.

smile.gif
clarkma5
Ice cold...these things look so hot, especially in orange, and have fantastic Protegé handling!

And b00st, the SRT-4 is actually cheaper than the Mazdaspeed Protegé...not that it matters anymore, because they don't sell the MS prot anymore.
fallon
Cool, this engine in a protege 5 would be even cooler
b0mb3r
I love that color. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.