Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1993 SVT Cobra R
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
5LiterMustang
1993 SVT Cobra R

you want raw racer appeal, this is it! The Cobra R that started it all.

5.0L V8, 235hp and 300lb/ft

Progressive Rate Suspension. Race-ready 4 wheel discs. No radio, backseat, sound deadening material, or AC. By far, the most nimble Fox Body ever. Only 107 produced, and people actually raced them! thumbs_up.gif

clarkma5
Hahaha, sorry, raw racer appeal != 47 hp/liter. And those disc brakes look puny. This ain't cool in the least.

sorry 5liter, I don't want to make you feel like I'm insulting you, I just find it hard to like mustangs...it has to be something really...something, to catch my eye. I dunno what the something is, but mustangs don't seem to have it very much.
DakianDelomast
Yeah don't hold your breath on this one 5 liter. Not gonna see much love on this forum for the good ole fox body.
5LiterMustang
dont worry about insulting me.. this is only the internet smile.gif

hp/liter means nothing to me. Its the end result that counts. An ant has more strength per pound than us, but we can still crush them. (we are the cobra R's, and the ants are *insert wimpy german car here* tongue.gif)

13 inch rotors aren't puny, especially for 1993.

and it IS cool. (in my opinion.. which obviously means nothing)
clarkma5
Your opinion means just as mine does, 5liter...the cool wall is a straight democracy, every person gets a vote.

And if this car has 13 inch rotors, that must be a pic of the rear brakes...those things don't look like anything more than 11s.
DakianDelomast
Is it rare? Yes
Is it good looking? No
Is it fast? Yes
Does it turn heads? No
Does it have technology? No
Is it simplified? Yes

Damn I'm stuck on this one.
clarkma5
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Aug 1 2004, 09:46 PM)
Is it rare?  Yes
Is it good looking?  No
Is it fast?  Yes
Does it turn heads?  No
Does it have technology?  No
Is it simplified?  Yes

Is that how you determine all the cars' rankings?
RedLine
I think its super cool. That front bumper is definitly the best one ever. All red, yuck, I hate red. But yeah, freezing. thumbs_up.gif
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 2 2004, 12:47 AM)
Is it rare?  Yes
Is it good looking?  No
Is it fast?  Yes
Does it turn heads?  No
Is it simplified?  Yes

Is that how you determine all the cars' rankings?

Nah its just some of my reasoning in my head when I'm divided.
White RSX
Its a fox body that I like, that isn't yours. That says alot right there.
5LiterMustang
there's one for sale right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW
the thing to remember is, the prices are so high now because they are collectors items. Nobody really buys one to race anymore because its obviously better just to build one using a cheap donor car.
RedLine
Is it rare?  Yes
Is it good looking?  No
Is it fast?  Yes
Does it turn heads?  No
Is it simplified?  Yes

Not to disagree with you, but these are my opinions.

On a electric based technology, I think it is shitty anyways, that decreases the ability of the owner of doing more stuff himself. Sinse its almost a raceready car, I think you don't need this stuff, sinse most electric technology is warnings, sensors, and stuff that make the ride better/comfortable.

Some people don't want it to turn heads, only enthusaists would notice.

Is it good looking, no. Most likley because its performance over appearance.
White RSX
QUOTE(5LiterMustang @ Aug 1 2004, 09:53 PM)
there's one for sale right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW
the thing to remember is, the prices are so high now because they are collectors items. Nobody really buys one to race anymore because its obviously better just to build one using a cheap donor car.

Those 3 spokers are really nice on it...Maybe you should get some for the notch?
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(RedLine @ Aug 2 2004, 12:55 AM)
Is it rare?  Yes
Is it good looking?  No
Is it fast?  Yes
Does it turn heads?  No
Is it simplified?  Yes

Not to disagree with you, but these are my opinions.

Technology is shitty anways, that decreases the ability of the owner of doing more stuff himself.

Some people don't want it to turn heads, only enthusaists would notice.

Is it good looking, no. Most likley because its performance over appearance.

For me the car has to be balanced between the two. A lot of times cars try and be a lot of stuff at once and wind up getting nowhere. The 3000GT is a good example of that to where it wanted to be a sports car and luxo tourer and wound up doing neither of them very well. It depends with every car and how its packaged.
fallon
i like the 93 fox bodies and this one looks pretty damn good. its a fast fun enthusiasts car, Cool
Mr b00st
i have to vote cool... my dad had a 1993 SVT Cobra (standard one, it was teal...) and that car was deliriously cool, it actually seemed special- unlike new Cobras which you see all the freakin' time.

That and i distinctly remember him stomping on some C4 'Vettes in that car... and the R must be better.
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(White RSX @ Aug 1 2004, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE(5LiterMustang @ Aug 1 2004, 09:53 PM)

Those 3 spokers are really nice on it...Maybe you should get some for the notch?

i was seriously thinking about getting those, this is why...

Those wheels came on 1995 GT's and are VERY cheap. But, you need to get a 5-lug conversion (94/95 Mustang Spindles and Brakes, and 2 right Ranger Axles, plus a couple misc. parts)
At the auction I go to, there is a 95 GT sitting way in the back that hasn't cleared yet and its wrecked badly, but the motor and 5spd trans are good, and it has those wheels, plus parts i would need to convert to 5 lug.

who knows... smile.gif
umop apisdn
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Aug 1 2004, 10:08 PM)
i have to vote cool... my dad had a 1993 SVT Cobra (standard one, it was teal...) and that car was deliriously cool, it actually seemed special- unlike new Cobras which you see all the freakin' time.

That and i distinctly remember him stomping on some C4 'Vettes in that car... and the R must be better.

Teal '93 Cobra :heart::heart::heart:

The Rs actually have NO more horsepower than the standard Cobra of the year. And thanks to the stiffer suspension it would even be slightly slower in a drag contest.

Honestly: The '93 Rs are the least impressive of the R series to me. The 00' is rediculous and its NOT easily replicated, unlike the 93 and 95 Rs.

PS: C4 Vettes are sloooow wink.gif laugh.gif
Mr b00st
well, an L98 'Vette has 245bhp and is lighter than a Fox mustang. An LT1 C4 has 300bhp and does 0-60 in about 5.0s flat.

So "slow" is not the right word, IMO.

the fastest we ever timed the Cobra at to sixty was, i believe, 6.2s. Close.
White RSX
C4's suck hardcore.
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(umop apisdn @ Aug 3 2004, 07:34 PM)
Honestly: The '93 Rs are the least impressive of the R series to me. The 00' is rediculous and its NOT easily replicated, unlike the 93 and 95 Rs.

i just hate the body mods on the 00 R's (except the hood and wheels)

imagine the same drivetrain in more subtle package thumbs_up.gif
umop apisdn
QUOTE(5LiterMustang @ Aug 3 2004, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE(umop apisdn @ Aug 3 2004, 07:34 PM)

Honestly:  The '93 Rs are the least impressive of the R series to me.  The 00' is rediculous and its NOT easily replicated, unlike the 93 and 95 Rs.

i just hate the body mods on the 00 R's (except the hood and wheels)

imagine the same drivetrain in more subtle package thumbs_up.gif

Agreed, but its all functional on the '00 R, so I'll have to forgive.smile.gif

On C4s: I haven't lost to one yet... whistle.gif
Cyclone
Sorry to let you down tongue.gif I never liked this style of the Mustang.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.