Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ariel Atom 2
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
Cyclone
'The Ariel Atom was barely believable, and for more than just its hottest lap. Now with Honda iVTEC power, a six-speed 'box and thoroughly revised suspension, it is a remarkable car, and the perfect antidote to the super-sticky racers. The Atom was all about controlled drifting from one turn to the next: using every last rev and capitalising on the torque. With just 500kg to lump about, 152lb/ft of torque suddenly becomes twist-worthy. There was just something so rewarding about the Atom, something so intense and raw that it was the car we all wanted to stay in and lap... It's ability to match what is at time eye-opening speed with a grippy and yet totally exploitable chassis was amazing. Every one of these (the cars on test) will make you feel a hero, but the Atom gets into your veins like nothing else on four wheels.

Impressive little car, the looks are radical but the car has amazing handling and being so light, its plenty fast too with its 220bhp Honda engine.
I'm not actually sure what track it was tested at however.

Also because the car is so basic, it sells for about $20k!
Viper007Bond
Uncool. As good of a sports car as it is, the cool wall isn't about that. It's... I dunno. laugh.gif
Renesis
Sub Zero, it almost beat the Radical on 5th Gear (it's better in the turns but lacks some power) and IMO it looks better
Black RSX
Looks fun on the track.... but just only cool because it is not practical...
clarkma5
It's just amazingly cool...I mean, look at it, it's got the whole F1-thing going on in terms of styling, and it's a raw and visceral machine. Subzero!
White RSX
Its a lightweight car that ISN'T a Lotus 7 clone! 89 below!!
Windshield
That kind of performance for only 20K makes this car Ice Cold. Hell, I'm going to buy one right now. tongue.gif
fallon
who cares if its not practical, its badass! subZ
White RSX
Who said it wasnt practical?

The point of it is a trackday car, not a daily driver!

(By the way, fallon, keep voting and bumping cool wall threads so i can move these around. keke)
fallon
wink.gif
5LiterMustang
I love it because its so stripped, you can see through it thumbs_up.gif

when will someone build a similar chassis (ultra light weight to the extreme), but with a 400+ lb/ft American V8. I'm talking lighter than the Shelby Cobra, light.
Cyclone
QUOTE(5LiterMustang @ Aug 2 2004, 02:15 AM)
I love it because its so stripped, you can see through it thumbs_up.gif

when will someone build a similar chassis (ultra light weight to the extreme), but with a 400+ lb/ft American V8. I'm talking lighter than the Shelby Cobra, light.

Thats borderline insanity, so it sounds like fun/death! biggrin.gif
5LiterMustang
now that i think about it, this is what i was talking about... smile.gif

i forgot, i hate turning
kraZy
Sub Zero. That car looks awesome, apparently handles amazingly, and beat a Zonda!. And a Zonda! is twice as powerful as it is. Plus it remids me of a Caterham, and I love those cars.
Dylan
Sub zero! It looks as fun as the Lotus 340R.
dukenukem
how ever good it may handle its only a track car and i prefer to drive my car to the track so only cool.
LoudPipe
You need rubber pants and coat to drive it in the rain. If that doesn't make it cool, I don't know what does
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.