Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 03/04 SVT Cobra
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
5LiterMustang
you guys knew it was coming... smile.gif

Base Price: $34,860
Used Price Range: $25,000-$28,000

4.6L DOHC V8, Hand Built, Forged Internals.

*Underrated* 390hp and 390 lb/ft.

with an air filter, chip, and exhaust, you see the 450-480 rwhp range.

White RSX
Now that they've improved what I don't like, Freezing.
DakianDelomast
On the fence.
Cyclone
Only cool because it's s/c'd and has loads of power and good handling. What held it back from Freezing was the fact that it's still, a Mustang. It's still American and it still has that horribly cheap interior.
Mr b00st
uncool
Renesis
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Aug 1 2004, 11:15 PM)
uncool

seconded
clarkma5
Uncool, it's a mustang with a bad interior. I doubt any mustang outside of a shelby can be truly cool.

It's fast, I won't argue with it, but it ain't cool.
gotvenm
If its soooo uncool, then how come its THE American Muscle car icon. ?

And no mustang EVER has had what I would call "great" interior.
clarkma5
It got to be the american muscle car icon thanks to Hertz Rent-A-Racers...Shelbys, as I said. tongue.gif

And the interior thing was more of an aside, it's not why it's uncool.
Black RSX
I think they are cool... I would take one over a corvette anyday... (Course I am a little biased since I owned 2 Stangs)...

I think they look good... are fun to drive.... nice sounding supercharger.... The only thing is I still don't understand the American Long shifts....

I hate rowing through gears... it makes no sense.
gotvenm
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 1 2004, 10:35 PM)
It got to be the american muscle car icon thanks to Hertz Rent-A-Racers...Shelbys, as I said. tongue.gif

They were HOT before Shelby got invited into the mix, and there are plenty of non-Shelby Mustangs that made the Mustang an icon.

Boss 429
Mach 1

The only thing is I still don't understand the American Long shifts....

Its called the Steeda Triax. One of the best mods you can make to fix that "rowing."
clarkma5
Well, pardon me for neglecting those, those are also cool (I'm not up on my mustangs a whole lot).

My point is that I find it difficult to call any normal and/or stock mustang cool...and the SVT is fast, but not really special or emotional in a way a GT 500 or Boss 429 is, so it's not cool.

There, that's my opinion, can we leave it be?
Black RSX
QUOTE(gotvenm @ Aug 1 2004, 11:39 PM)
They were HOT before Shelby got invited into the mix, and there are plenty of non-Shelby Mustangs that made the Mustang an icon.

Boss 429
Mach 1

(Personaly... The Roush 380R Mustang is my Favorite though...)

woot.gif
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 1 2004, 08:41 PM)
Well, pardon me for neglecting those, those are also cool (I'm not up on my mustangs a whole lot).

My point is that I find it difficult to call any normal and/or stock mustang cool...and the SVT is fast, but not really special or emotional in a way a GT 500 or Boss 429 is, so it's not cool.

There, that's my opinion, can we leave it be?

this is what you though about the Cobra R

Performance like this is hard to argue with...and I'm not gonna try. That alone would make it ice cold, but the styling tweaks bring it down to cool...they're really far too "in your face" for me.

This has performance on par with the Cobra R and can be modded way beyond, a BETTER interior (more practical and comfortable), and less in your face styling.

I DEMAND A RE-VOTE!
clarkma5
Sorry, 5liter, the Cobra R has a racer's raw emotion that the SVT can't match. When I say "performance", that doesn't just mean performance numbers...there's a certain way a car puts down those numbers that's easily half of the appeal. Also, I think I was fawning over the Cobra R a bit to not offend, but it's dumb to have a cool wall forum if everybody's just gonna say everything's cool, so I'm saying what's on my mind (and I'm also not being so lenient to the cars posted up...I think "Ice Cold" should be reserved for a more elite group that we tend to associate it with)

I stand steadfastly next to my vote of uncool.

And it should be apparent to you by now that blatant horsepower mods don't appeal to me. wink.gif
White RSX
Clark only likes the pictures, post some neat donuts or a guy spelling his name with a burnout, then his vote'll change.
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 1 2004, 09:09 PM)
Sorry, 5liter, the Cobra R has a racer's raw emotion that the SVT can't match. When I say "performance", that doesn't just mean performance numbers...there's a certain way a car puts down those numbers that's easily half of the appeal. Also, I think I was fawning over the Cobra R a bit to not offend.

I stand steadfastly next to my vote of uncool.

And it should be apparent to you by now that blatant horsepower mods don't appeal to me. wink.gif

i'll fawn your face! angry.gif

sad.gif
fallon
by changing a simple 50$ pulley it will do 11 second 1/4's otherwise completely stock, now that's Cool
PBB
FREEZING!!

The best pony car made in the 4 decades.
I'd love to have a Terminator. :heart:
DakianDelomast
Against popular opinion I'm going to have to vote Freezing on the SVT Cobra. I mean look at it like this.

The Camaro was dead. Everything about the pony wars was over. I mean Ford had it clinched they were the very last of the Musclecars still remaining and they said. "Oh lets make a supercharged version anyways." I'm sure the car was in developement before then but still that's pretty freezing in my opinion.
White RSX
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Aug 1 2004, 09:20 PM)
Against popular opinion I'm going to have to vote Freezing on the SVT Cobra.  I mean look at it like this.

The Camaro was dead.  Everything about the pony wars was over.  I mean Ford had it clinched they were the very last of the Musclecars still remaining and they said.  "Oh lets make a supercharged version anyways."  I'm sure the car was in developement before then but still that's pretty freezing in my opinion.

Popular opinion IS freezing.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(White RSX @ Aug 2 2004, 12:22 AM)
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Aug 1 2004, 09:20 PM)
Against popular opinion I'm going to have to vote Freezing on the SVT Cobra.  I mean look at it like this.

The Camaro was dead.  Everything about the pony wars was over.  I mean Ford had it clinched they were the very last of the Musclecars still remaining and they said.  "Oh lets make a supercharged version anyways."  I'm sure the car was in developement before then but still that's pretty freezing in my opinion.

Popular opinion IS freezing.

Yeah I just realized that tard.gif

Ok so IN SUPPORT OF THE POPULAR OPINION rishi
RedLine
I think this car could be one of the top funnest cars ever to drive. I must be the only one here that doesn't care what there interior looks like. I could live with a stripped interior and be happier. That shits useless and I never use it. There are reasons why Supercars have shitty interiors. What matters is how it drives.
gotvenm
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Aug 1 2004, 11:20 PM)
The Camaro was dead. Everything about the pony wars was over. I mean Ford had it clinched they were the very last of the Musclecars still remaining and they said. "Oh lets make a supercharged version anyways." I'm sure the car was in developement before then but still that's pretty freezing in my opinion.

And dont forget that only 1 of every 10 mustangs sold is a GT.

Thats a hell of alot of UNCOOL V6's being sold.
Hmmmm I wonder why ?
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(RedLine @ Aug 1 2004, 09:24 PM)
I think this car could be one of the top funnest cars ever to drive. I must be the only one here that doesn't care what there interior looks like. I could live with a stripped interior and be happier. That shits useless and I never use it.

i feel the same way 100%.
White RSX
QUOTE(5LiterMustang @ Aug 1 2004, 09:38 PM)
i feel the same way 100%.

Thats why I like TVR, you get a stick, some pedals, tow seats, gauges, a wheel, and some knobs to fiddle with. wink.gif
clarkma5
The thing is that the SVT Cobra's interior isn't stripped...it's just ergonomically bad. Maybe it wouldn't be a problem for someone else, but for me, it's absolutely impossible to get anywhere close to comfortable in one. Even if it was the best thing in the world to drive, I couldn't stand driving in a contorted, uncomfortable driving position. That just doesn't fly with me.

Yes, I love the TVR philosophy of "adult-sized gokart" too, WRSX. smile.gif
Mr b00st
QUOTE(gotvenm @ Aug 1 2004, 11:34 PM)

yes, since there SURE IS A LOT OF COMPETITION FOR IT.

Honda Insight is a Fuel Economy legend. Is it cool? I think not.
clarkma5
Well put, b00st, albeit a bit confrontational wink.gif
gotvenm
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Aug 1 2004, 11:59 PM)

sure, there is NO competition for it, cause it got the beat down and now doesnt exist.
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 1 2004, 09:57 PM)
it's absolutely impossible to get anywhere close to comfortable in one. Even if it was the best thing in the world to drive, I couldn't stand driving in a contorted, uncomfortable driving position. That just doesn't fly with me.

i dont know what kind of horror stories you've heard, but its really NOT as bad as you make it out to be. The only comfort complaint i've heard is that the shifter is a little too far forward. The seats are supposedly very comfortable...

all cobras come leather with suede insert
gotvenm
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 1 2004, 11:57 PM)
The thing is that the SVT Cobra's interior isn't stripped...it's just ergonomically bad.

Isnt stripped ? I beg to differ.

A loaded Taurus had more in the way of luxury inside then the Cobra has EVER had.
clarkma5
No, it's not horror stories, I've sat in several, and it's impossible for me to get comfortable in.

I'll readily admit the suede and leather is nice, I really like it. There's no arguing that I can't fit comfortably in one, though...that's kinda an open and shut thing.

And gotvenom, I wasn't saying that a non-stripped interior is bad (personally, I like having a nice stereo and A/C about 99.9% of the time)...but I mean, c'mon, it's not Caterham or Westfield....it has leather and suede and a 460 watt stereo with CD player and A/C! It may not be a Merc S-class, but it's no stripped-out racer on the inside. I mean, it has more luxo-features than my VW, a car that is commonly criticized for being too soft. I'm not saying the Cobra's soft, not at all, but THE INTERIOR IS NOT STRIPPED BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION.
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Aug 1 2004, 09:59 PM)

Honda Insight is a Fuel Economy legend. Is it cool? I think not.

the insight IS cool, to people who are into fuel economy.

I thought this site was into performance... not pansy interiors and comfort smile.gif
5LiterMustang
this thread has the Most responses out of all the threads in Cool Wall.

i seriously dont care whether you like this car or not, as long as you give your opinions why. I think this is a healthy arguement to have as long as it stays somewhat civilized.

thumbs_up.gif
clarkma5
QUOTE(5LiterMustang @ Aug 1 2004, 10:23 PM)
i seriously dont care whether you like this car or not, as long as you give your opinions why. I think this is a healthy arguement to have as long as it stays somewhat civilized.

I wholeheartedly agree to that; it's good to have a hearty debate smile.gif
White RSX
I WILL EAT YOU ALL ALIVE

tongue.gif
clarkma5
That's more Radiohead than "hearty debate", Xeno wink.gif
White RSX
Damnit.

Anyhow, I wont be buying a new Ford anytime soon, unless it's a truck, simply because of my mom's Taurus, shoddy build, poor upholstry, and its got some strange bugs while driving too. But if I did, it'd be this car.

( Afterthought: Or a Ford GT, you know, either/or wink.gif )
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 2 2004, 01:24 AM)
I wholeheartedly agree to that; it's good to have a hearty debate smile.gif

AAAAAAWWWWWWWE Kodak moment!!
mogulmonster
I think its freezing! I stopped to look at what appeared to be an SVT Cobra for sale. I get out, notice the cobra bumper, SVT lettering, Cobra on the side. I do some more looking, and WTF? Its an auto??!?!?! Then, I ask the owner to pop the hood and its an 6-cyl. I told him good luck on selling his hopped up Taurus, and left.
Mr b00st
those seats are NOT comfortable. I'm not exactly a thick guy and they just grab me uncomfortably... urk.
NorthPoint
fiber optic
The whine of a roots blower drool wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.