Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Audi A8L (nice!)
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Car Sightings
nismo
We were going to my grandparents house on Anna Maria Island then we entered her neighborhood. Then i saw this beautiful A8L in a neighbors driveway. I was stunned. I knocked on the door and asked the guy if i could take some pictures. It so happens that he just had taken delivery the day before. I want this car sad.gif
the base price is $68,500.00 and His was in the range of $82,000.00.
He got the car from Champion Porsche/Audi.

This picture was taken off the side of the car (its like a mirror)

330 hp with 6-speed Tiptronic® transmission and Quattro all-wheel drive
DOHC all-aluminum 90-degree 4.2 liter V8 with 5 valves per cylinder, variable valve timing and intake manifold

Displacement: 4.2 liters (4172 cc)
Bore: 3.33 in. (84.5 mm)
Stroke: 3.66 in. (93.0 mm)
Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Horsepower (SAE net): 330 @ 6500 rpm
Torque: 317 lb/ft @ 3500 rpm
0-60 mph in seconds: 6.3
Top track speed: 130 mph¹
EPA fuel economy estimates (city/highway): 17/24²

Audi Space Frame (ASF®) aluminum alloy frame and body shell construction
Front/rear suspension: air spring strut at each wheel, with continuous damping, driver-controlled suspension setting and automatic load leveling
Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP®)
Steering: Servotronic® vehicle speed-sensitive rack and pinion
Curb weight: 4399 lbs
Engine oil (quarts): 8
Fuel tank (gallons): 23.7
clarkma5
The A8 is a great car; it just screams class. Not a line out of place, it's stunning to behold too...especially with the 19s. Very nice!
nismo
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 2 2004, 12:25 AM)
The A8 is a great car; it just screams class. Not a line out of place, it's stunning to behold too...especially with the 19s. Very nice!

I fully agree. I saw it in person biggrin.gif and i was trying my hardest not to take more. i wish the conditions were better although it looks sexy when its wet. laugh.gif
White RSX
Meh, they're just fiddling around with it now. When there's a button to change the reverse beep's pitch they've gone too far.
clarkma5
I don't think the Audi has that; that's the Merc S-class tard.gif
White RSX
Watch Top Gear again clark.
nismo
In that car you would probobly never know how to do everything in it. i would proboly never even push all the buttons! But WRSX you've gotta admit its a stunning looking automobile.
White RSX
Not really doing much for me, its too much like every other sedan on the road, and judging by my mother's Taurus, that's not a good thing.
clarkma5
There's many big differences between this and your mom's Taurus, Xenocyde.

To name a few: 330 HP V8, quattro all-wheel drive, massaging front seats (well, they're optional, anyway), MMI, air suspension, leather and wood everywhere.

I mean, it's not my ideal car, but it's still f*cking nice.
White RSX
Well I know that clark, but its just the crowd it falls into, like the rich kid looking like a druggie.
fallon
its a big beautiful car, get it with a diesel and it'll do 40mpg with plenty of performance. thumbs_up.gif
clarkma5
QUOTE(FaLLoN @ Aug 1 2004, 10:12 PM)
its a big beautiful car, get it with a diesel and it'll do 40mpg with plenty of performance. thumbs_up.gif

Well, 40 mpg is only if you drive it like you're...well, like you're jeremy clarkson in that top gear segment.

Granted, that was the V8 diesel...the V6 diesel might get similar mileage in more realistic situations.
RedLine
My girlfriend orginaly wanted the SL600, but Mercedes-Benz rejected her, and said that it was to much power for such a young lady. So, she settled for the SL500, the slower one, with uglier wheels. She wanted a black one, once again, Mercedes-Benz rejecter her and said there can be only one colour of each model in my city. So she took silver.

She told me this, I would have walked away if they treated me that way. I'd be like "fuck you then" and leave.

Edit: At the time I posted this, for some reason it fit into the thread and now, looking back, it doesn't. My brain is dying.
nismo
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 2 2004, 01:19 AM)

To name a few: 330 HP V8, quattro all-wheel drive, massaging front seats (well, they're optional, anyway), MMI, air suspension, leather and wood everywhere.

AND its got ALOT better styling than the round-eyed smiley-faced taurus. The taurus doesnt turn heads but we came over the small bridge to my grandparents hous and it hit me like a brick. I said " Holy shit is an A8" (or something to the line of that). And the main difference is that
This is how i look at ....In my opinion
Audi= German precision, built for speed and luxury
Ford= Mexican assembly, built for commuting and bland styling
høgh
It doesn't have the new Audi-front. Or is it only the W12 version who got that?
clarkma5
Yeah, only the W12 gets the new Audi nose (for now)
White RSX
QUOTE(nismo34639 @ Aug 2 2004, 12:48 AM)

To name a few:  330 HP V8, quattro all-wheel drive, massaging front seats (well, they're optional, anyway), MMI, air suspension, leather and wood everywhere.

AND its got ALOT better styling than the round-eyed smiley-faced taurus. The taurus doesnt turn heads but we came over the small bridge to my grandparents hous and it hit me like a brick. I said " Holy shit is an A8" (or something to the line of that). And the main difference is that

Actually her taurus isn't a round lighted one. Anyhow, just because it's an Audi doesn't make up for the fact that it's fucking boring.
nismo
QUOTE(White RSX @ Aug 2 2004, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE(nismo34639 @ Aug 2 2004, 12:48 AM)

To name a few:  330 HP V8, quattro all-wheel drive, massaging front seats (well, they're optional, anyway), MMI, air suspension, leather and wood everywhere.

Actually her taurus isn't a round lighted one. Anyhow, just because it's an Audi doesn't make up for the fact that it's fucking boring.

Oh. Well thats good cuz the others are really ugly! the only taurus i would own is a first or second generation SHO.
Mr b00st
with a five speed.
SeannyC
saw one of those last night in the parking lot of Whole Foods. Nice looking car. Longer than I imagined it to be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.