Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Mustang SVO
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
DakianDelomast

With the possible exception of the Mustang King Cobra this has to be the most hated Mustang of all time. With an inline 4 AND a turbo and performance that could match the GT it was definately a no win situation for this poor little guy. I keep saying little because well without that giant hunk of V8 iron in the front the car just has this stigma of being smaller, more tossable. Plus its a 2.3 liter turbo and I would not imagine that its too terrible different from a Cossie motor. Cossies are cool. Right? cool.gif

I will always love this little car even if its not voted in to cool because its different. And different will always be cool in Dakian's book.

That and I'm rather partial to the hoodscoop. It reminds me of an RX-7's
5LiterMustang
i do love these cars, but for some reason, i dont think it is in the "extremely cool" territory. I love the way they look, and the fox platform has a great aftermarket in the suspension and brake area, but i just dont think there's enough to be had in the engine department. Ya, the turbo 4 was pretty stout from the factory, but it really can't compare with the EFI V8's. That being said, I would love to own one (and i probably will) and just do minor bolt on mods, up the boost a little, and have a pretty fun daily driver. I'll leave the hardcore modding for the v8.
White RSX
Its cool, but not mega cool. It has four lesss cylinders than its bigger brothers, why not give it a turbo Inline 6?
clarkma5
It's uncool...I'm sorry, the first, instinctual, gut reaction I get when I see one of these is "redneck rustbucket". Then my logical side kicks in, but it's too late by then.
gotvenm
You guys are missing the whole point about what is sooo0 cool about that car.

Its a Turbo 4 cylinder in a Mustang. Never been done before, doubt we will ever see it again....4 cyl or the turbo.

Think about that for a minute.

Its an extremely rare car, you rarely see very many of them in Mustang Car Shows. I think at the Roundup there has never been more then two at one time.

Oh, and you would NEVER see a redneck driving an SVO, its too sophisticated.
Mr b00st
one of the coolest mustangs ever... cause it's not a mustang.

That's my point of view, obviously.
umop apisdn
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Jul 31 2004, 12:08 AM)
With the possible exception of the Mustang King Cobra this has to be the most hated Mustang of all time. With an inline 4 AND a turbo and performance that could match the GT it was definately a no win situation for this poor little guy. I keep saying little because well without that giant hunk of V8 iron in the front the car just has this stigma of being smaller, more tossable. Plus its a 2.3 liter turbo and I would not imagine that its too terrible different from a Cossie motor. Cossies are cool. Right? cool.gif

I will always love this little car even if its not voted in to cool because its different. And different will always be cool in Dakian's book.

That and I'm rather partial to the hoodscoop. It reminds me of an RX-7's

Most hated? Hardly. That honor would go the reviled Mustang II.

In its time it would beat up on the V8 Mustangs produced alongside it.
DakianDelomast
Mustang King Cobra is a Mustang II wink.gif
fallon
Cool, it looks good

true its only a 4 cyl but it DOES have a turbo, it can't be that bad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.