Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dodge "Hemi" Dart
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
5LiterMustang
The dodge dart was an ideal platform for this. It was very light, affordable (the hemi dart cost $4500), and it easily accepted the big block mopars. Chrysler took the most stripped out dodge darts, and they stuffed a 426 Hemi in it. For the super-stock hemi darts, this resulted in ~480hp to the wheels in a 2150lb car, which ran low 10's at 130-135mph. this is as cool as they get.

i'm not sure if these are considered "one-offs" because they were produced by Dodge, no outside company involved
DakianDelomast
What about the years previous to this one? Those are my fav dodges I think.
White RSX
Can't get much more bang for the buck... Top Cool!!
fallon
its light and its a monster, Fantastic
PBB
Any car that comes with a sticker like this... laugh.gif

More Pics and Info
Avalon
It may be fast, but it is hideous. I still rank as cool though.
DZ302
ice cold, coolest chrysler ever
TrueSlideXL
QUOTE(Avalon @ Aug 28 2004, 07:16 PM) *
It may be fast, but it is hideous. I still rank as cool though.

Yeah, Hideous like a FOX!
tommygun
I just recently did Hot Rod magazines Drag Week, along for the entire race was a Hemi Dart, one of 70 produced. The owner (steve atwell) flogged his car hard at every track and then drove on to the next one, he about destroyed the HEMI in the process, taking out valve springs, water pump, elec fire, ect... but it was awesome cruising down the hwy next to an almost priceless piece of histroy.

www.hotrod.com has some info on drag week along with a few pics

www.1320video.com has 1000s of pics
Benny
zomg its a relative of the volare !
green73ta
Very cool car. Ugly as sin but way cool. You could order them at the dealership. If I remember right they were not street legal and sold for competition only. See the little support rods in the front of the hood scoop? They are there because on the earlier cars the scoops would literally blow off of the hood. That is cool.
PBB
QUOTE(green73ta @ Nov 13 2005, 10:23 AM) *
Very cool car. Ugly as sin but way cool. You could order them at the dealership. If I remember right they were not street legal and sold for competition only.

They were still able to be registered for street use but there was no warranty.
Here's the sticker that came on 'em. thumbs_up.gif

RJ
Damn... I got my hopes up when I saw that this was a 5liter thread. sad.gif DAMN!! 5Liter, come back!! We miss ya!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.