Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mazda RX-7 FD3S
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
DakianDelomast
You would not believe how hard it is to find an unmodified FD3S on google. Kind of says something about the car though. The car never really attracted the big horsepower club because well frankly people blew them up before they could get anywhere with it. Without thinking they would buy a boost controller, intake and exhaust (standard starter mods on any turbo car) and before they knew it they'd have lost all compression in the engine from a blown apex seal. The stock block alone was only good for 650 hp.

So why bother? What would make this a cool car? Well fortunately the car while not being that heavy on horsepower it made up for it with the handling. With a blast back from the past this car had no super tecky AWD and no hunk of metal sitting waaaay up in the nose. It was all set back and towards the center of the car. Mass centralization that's called and it does wonders for the performance of a car. The car could be made to spin on a dime and look absolutely beautiful doing it. Its a different take and is really a car that can only be owned by an enthusist. That alone makes it an artic car in my opinion.

NorthPoint
Best generation RX-7 ever.
Mr b00st
ice cold- the absolute best of the japanese musclecars, and one of the best cars of the ninties.
White RSX
Pacific Muscle at it's best, -45 degrees C
Renesis
It looks so good! and it's got a Rotary,

in the freezer!
PBB
Liquid Oxygen for being one of the top 3 best looking Japanese car in modern times. :heart:

Voted "Air-Conditioned" for being a rotary. dry.gif
clarkma5
It suffers from the same thing the 2nd gen RX-7 suffered from...fanboy worship, 'cept this time it's even worse. YET AGAIN I remind people to watch the line between "good" and "cool".

Uncool.
nismo
AND Ford helped did'nt they?
clarkma5
Uhhh, no, Nismo, the 3rd gen RX-7 was designed nearly a decade before Ford bought a stake in Mazda. And even if that wasn't the case, it wouldn't matter...I'm of the belief that it doesn't matter where something comes from, the end product is all that counts.
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jul 30 2004, 11:14 PM)
I'm of the belief that it doesn't matter where something comes from, the end product is all that counts.

(off topic) thats a good point. i should bring that up the next time there's an arguement that the Ford GT's engine is a truck engine

and i would take this rx7 over the rx8 in a second.
White RSX
QUOTE(5LiterMustang @ Jul 31 2004, 12:10 AM)
and i would take this rx7 over the rx8 in a second.

Who wouldn't?
RedLine
I got passenger in one once. The steering was REALLY REALLY sensitive. Seemed like the car was stuck on tracks too. Sounded horrible, but I was drivin in one, and no doubt its a Super Cool car.
fallon
A/C

its a good looking fun car
Matt
air conditioned.. would be frozen if they weren't so damned uncomfortable for someone my height (6'2") to drive.
moe
One of the most beautiful cars ever...and it's Japanese...shame about all the riced-out ones, but still frozen.
Mr b00st

i read an article about this car in SCC i think. It puts down like 445bhp at the wheels.

These cars CAN make some serious horsepower. ANd damn they're gorgeous.

I am digging all these bumps.
Keitero-sama
Passenger in one = SUCK

Driver in one = WIN!

It's cool only if you are driving and not riding.
Mr b00st
have you ridden in one? why does it suck to ride in?

of course you're the one that drove an evo and didn't like it :-\
Keitero-sama
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Sep 28 2006, 09:09 PM) *
have you ridden in one? why does it suck to ride in?

of course you're the one that drove an evo and didn't like it :-\

Very true.
Dr. Strangelove
One of the best looking cars of all time. Unrelaible, bt that just makes it that much cooler. Most fanboys are turned off by the noise it makes. hendles like a dream. A true enthusiast car. One of my all time favorite cars. It makes me sad that this has to sit in the same catigory as the cayman because this car is way way cooler than that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.