Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: B5 Audi S4
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
clarkma5
The original S4, based on the 5th generation Audi "B" platform, was available from 2000 to 2003. It was powered by a twin-turbo 2.7 liter V6 (basically a V6 version of the 1.8T) that made 250 HP and 258 ft.-lbs. of torque. With a 6-speed manual, 0-60 came up in less than 6 seconds. Quattro was, of course, standard. Handling and braking put the car into the "sporty" category, but it didn't neglect comfort. In fact, it pretty much outperformed BMW's 330i in every single measurable category while being more exclusive and actually costing less (similar base MSRPs, but the S4 had more standard features and cheaper options).

So, with a couple years behind us, and the new S4 to put the old one in its shadow, is the turboed S4 still a cool car? Personally, I think it's damn cool...ice cold even. I wanted this car so badly circa 2001!

White RSX
It has been said that any man who says his S4 runs perfectly, is a liar.

Thus, Cool.
dukenukem
Clarkma5, that interior pic just kills any chance of being rated ice cold ....... plus its not RS6.
clarkma5
The interior's great! BLUE ALCANTARA SEAT INSERTS!!!!
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jul 30 2004, 01:56 AM)

i dont know for some reason it reminds me of a pimp mobile .... guess its just that one shot or something tard.gif
clarkma5
It's not the best shot of the interior, but it was the best I could do with google image search. sad.gif
fallon
personally i think that's a badass interior, this bodystyle has always looked fantastic to me and the s4 means it has plenty of oomph, ice cold to the max.....

10K posts tard.gif

edit: i just noticed the odometer is at 10k cool.gif
LoudPipe
This is so much cooler than the current S4
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jul 29 2004, 10:56 PM)

looks like purple velvet tongue.gif

its cool though
noooodle
ULTIMATE SLEEPER CAR :GO THE S4, RS4 WAGONS V6 BI TURBO IS BY FAR BETTER THAN V8'S
clarkma5
QUOTE(noooodle @ Mar 18 2006, 12:52 AM) *
ULTIMATE SLEEPER CAR :GO THE S4, RS4 WAGONS V6 BI TURBO IS BY FAR BETTER THAN V8'S

Anyone who's experienced the V8 in the S4 wouldn't say that...it is a delightful engine in every possible way.
Phix
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Mar 18 2006, 04:14 AM) *
Anyone who's experienced the V8 in the S4 wouldn't say that...it is a delightful engine in every possible way.

For the love of God he types in all caps.... I'm surprised he hasn't been banned.
moe
I've driven one, it was ghey. Hell, even compared to my Mazda 3, it lacked in feel. The steering was almost completely devoid of steering feel and the brakes were spongy as shit (albeit very powerful). Looks cool...but that's not enough. I gave it an uncool, if this were the new RS4 I'd give it a frozen.
noooodle
i am very sorry please forgive me, but its just an opinion not a fact
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.