Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2004 Acura TL
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
clarkma5
270 HP 3.2 liter V6, 238 ft.-lbs. of torque.

Available with 6-speed manual or 5-speed shiftable automatic.
6-speeds get limited slip and brembo brakes.

Front wheel drive

So, how does this powerful, luxurious, sporty 4-door stack up in the cool department? Honestly, I'm not quite sure what I think about this car yet overall...
DakianDelomast
270 hp through the front wheels equals uncool torque steer and understeer.
White RSX
I'd say cool, because of the styling, and well, it's a Honda that looks different, in a good way. Not Like the Insight.
Zlover07
IF it was RWD it'd be an awesome car as I love the muscular styling and the performance, but as its FWD it'll have to just be cool.
clarkma5
QUOTE(Zlover07 @ Jul 29 2004, 08:59 PM)
IF it was RWD it'd be an awesome car as I love the muscular styling and the performance, but as its FWD it'll have to just be cool.

I think I'm gonna agree with you Z...it looks great, and it's got a nice interior, and it's got all that power...but FWD definitely keeps it from getting into the rarified reaches of ice cold.
PBB
QUOTE("CARandDRIVER")
The TL is what Acura is all about. Good looks, superb performance, great ride quality, loads of interior luxury, and all at a reasonable price. Dropped onto the Accord platform with beefed-up body rigidity, the TL employs a scrumptious V-6 with oodles of torque. And that tight, no-nonsense six-speed shifter is a gem, too. For some ungodly reason, though, the TL has picked up a wicked front limited-slip differential that produces unruly torque steer—even in third gear. Gonna be hard to beat the rear-drive Bimmers and G35s. Back in Japan, a Honda engineer said, "We focused on handling and performance this time, and we think we might have gone a little too far."

I agree wholeheartedly.
Cool for the top notch V6, 6-speed manual and gorgeous sedan styling. thumbs_up.gif
dukenukem
QUOTE(PowerByBrower @ Jul 30 2004, 12:06 AM)
QUOTE("CARandDRIVER")
The TL is what Acura is all about. Good looks, superb performance, great ride quality, loads of interior luxury, and all at a reasonable price. Dropped onto the Accord platform with beefed-up body rigidity, the TL employs a scrumptious V-6 with oodles of torque. And that tight, no-nonsense six-speed shifter is a gem, too. For some ungodly reason, though, the TL has picked up a wicked front limited-slip differential that produces unruly torque steer—even in third gear. Gonna be hard to beat the rear-drive Bimmers and G35s. Back in Japan, a Honda engineer said, "We focused on handling and performance this time, and we think we might have gone a little too far."

I agree wholeheartedly.
Cool for the top notch V6, 6-speed manual and gorgeous sedan styling. thumbs_up.gif

thumbs_up.gif

too lazy to comment myself tongue.gif
fallon
great looks, great power, like everyone else has been saying, the FWD factor is the only thing keeping it from frigid temperatures
PAULIE_D
I never liked the styling of the new TL. dry.gif

The motor on the other hand ... whistle.gif
fiber optic
What temperature does Helium evaporate at?
PBB
QUOTE(fiber optic @ Jul 30 2004, 10:42 PM)
What temperature does Helium evaporate at?

Cunning. *wink.gif*
Mr b00st
styling-wise: it's ice-cold. Near perfection.
but FWD just ruins that- it seems like such a big lie for this car, it should be AWD...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.