Cylinders 12, V-engine 60
Compression 9.8:1
Stroke / Bore 80mm / 86mm
Firing order 1-7-5-11-3-9-6-12-2-8-4-10
Valve diameter Intake: 42mm / outlet: 36mm
Valve stroke intake/outlet: 11mm
max. Power bhp / kW 380 / 280 at 5300 rpm
max. torque 550 Nm at 4000 rpm
max. rpm 6000-6400 rpm (depending on gear)

A luxury car powered by a v-12 biggrin.gif pretty damn cool to me.

clarkma5
Actually, the 840 was just a V8...the 850 was a V12.

I'm personally voting uncool...I mean, the tailights look like they're ripped right off of a Pontiac Bonneville, and it's just a cushy executive's car.
nismo
DAMN i posted the wrong car name. Oops.
clarkma5
I edited the title to just the 8-series...that way people can vote on the 840 or the 850. smile.gif
nismo
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Jul 29 2004, 03:04 PM)
I edited the title to just the 8-series...that way people can vote on the 840 or the 850. smile.gif

Danke Schon. I also added some specifications.
LoudPipe
I'm sad to say the E31 is one of the most uncool Bimmers, IMO
nismo
QUOTE(LoudPipe @ Jul 29 2004, 03:21 PM)
I'm sad to say the E31 is one of the most uncool Bimmers, IMO

In my opinion its alot better than the BMWs they're putting out now.
mogulmonster
This is one of the worst designed BMWs ever. I voted uncool, because the engine keeps it out of MJ land.
DakianDelomast
Between cool and uncool. More uncool for being just a plush sports tourer.
Dylan
Uncool, the engine saves it.
Mr b00st
cool. Certainly cooler than the new sixer.
Dylan
I don't think so. I really like the styling of the new 6.
Mr b00st
that's because you're wrong.
Dylan
Oh yeah, I forgot tongue.gif.
Mr b00st
happens to the best of us.
fallon
well the 850csi is cool, the 840 isnt, i was never a fan of the wedge nose design
moe
I drove one this summer...definately frozen. One of the coolest looking, if not one of the best BMWs to drive.
PBB
Luxurious but sporty. Rare but not pretentious. I've always had a soft spot for these cars, the styling has aged well for being as old as the E36 3-series. Solid Cool but not frozen for not offering a manual transmission.
Mr b00st
i'd rate the 850CSi and the 840Ci as cool

however, the 850Ci - the small V12 one - is just not that great. The performance isn't any better than the 840Ci (whichi s pretty quick thank you, and a very good secondhand buy these days.) The fuel mileage and handling are considerably worse.

However, the quasi-M 850CSi is pretty badass, i think.
bankE46
definitely frozen for me. i remember the first time i saw one, i got goosebumps and immediately rushed over to stare in the window. its a badass car that is just gorgeous. cool as it gets in my book.
Halflifehavock13
It's such a boat, but it's still cool.
leif
I have a soft spot for luxury GT coupes...so I vote cool...plus the factor that they are so rare in winnipeg, to the point where they turn heads...I would buy one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.