Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MV Agusta F4
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Cool
SeannyC
TVR's are my favorite cars and the MV agustas are my favorite bikes. I've followed them for longer than I can remember

Here are some specs from their base model:
Engine size: 45.7 cu. in.
Engine type: 4 cylinder, four stroke, 16 valve.
HP: 107.3 Kw @ 13000 rmp (ducati 999R= 102 kW @ 9750 rpm)
Compression Ratio: 12:1
6th Gear speed: 175.5 @ 13300 rpm
Dry Weight: 421.1 (Ducati 999R = 439 lbs)

And that's their base model!

LoudPipe
MV Agusta are the Ferrari of bikes
dukenukem
QUOTE(LoudPipe @ Jul 28 2004, 05:55 PM)

thumbs_up.gif
Dylan
Ice cold, amazing bike.
DakianDelomast
QUOTE(LoudPipe @ Jul 28 2004, 05:55 PM)

I believe that title belongs to Ducati tongue.gif Everything that I have read makes these bikes shoddy at best and they are insanely expensive. Moreso than a Ducati. Bike qualifies as cool.
dukenukem
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Jul 28 2004, 06:32 PM)
I believe that title belongs to Ducati tongue.gif Everything that I have read makes these bikes shoddy at best and they are insanely expensive. Moreso than a Ducati. Bike qualifies as cool.

I think the Augusta was made in honour of an earlier kikass race winner .... i have the article in a magazine somewhere ... will have PBB scan it as soon as i find it smile.gif
DakianDelomast
The MV Agusta name used to be infamous in racing circles in the early 60s and 70s but they went bust in 80s I think. I know Agusta has the Senna edition that is the tribute to the racer.
dukenukem
QUOTE(DakianDelomast @ Jul 28 2004, 07:58 PM)
The MV Agusta name used to be infamous in racing circles in the early 60s and 70s but they went bust in 80s I think. I know Agusta has the Senna edition that is the tribute to the racer.

That was the MV Augusta F4 ... only 300 were made ... if i am correct. wink.gif
DakianDelomast
Incorrect tongue.gif The F4 is the standard model and the Senna was the special edition of THAT.

Seen here looking like hot sex
SeannyC
All I know is the first time I saw the F4, it was in the Chicago Musiem of science and industry. I was probably 14 or 15 at the time and I was floored by it.

*edit* Mmmmm, beefy..
Mr b00st
cool. Not quite triumph speed-triple cool, or Harley V-rod cool, or Z1000 cool. But cool.
fallon
Cool, i only give it minus points because i don't like the headlight layout tongue.gif
5LiterMustang
that black one is definitely "ice cold"
5LiterMustang
More People need to vote!
PBB
Having just had a test ride on a Ducati 999 2 weeks ago and it being so similar to the F4, dip me in liquid nitrogen baby! rishi

clarkma5
Uncool...it's a motorcycle wink.gif
5LiterMustang
clarkma, what dont you like about motorcycles?

they are light, quick, nimble.. i thought you liked crap like that
clarkma5
Nah, I don't like motorcycles, and I don't think they're cool.

I'll put it this way:
1) You look stupid when you ride them
2) You are stupid when you ride them
dukenukem
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 3 2004, 12:38 AM)
Nah, I don't like motorcycles, and I don't think they're cool.

I'll put it this way:
1) You look stupid when you ride them
2) You are stupid when you ride them

did you ever fall off a bike ????

Seriously, cuz when i was in the 8th grade i a motocross grade biker..but one day my bike slipped on some loose gravel in a turn and after that i never got my confidence back !!!! sad.gif
clarkma5
No; the only bike I've ever ridden was more like a scooter tongue.gif

But my neighbor was a big motorcycle guy until he was riding his BMW bike in downtown pheonix in the evening rush hour when a Explorer SUV, stolen by a joyriding 14 year old, jumped the median and hit him. If he had been in a car it would've been a relatively minor incident injury-wise, but as it was his ankle was shattered into shards, his legs were broken in several places, as were his ribs, and he lost a testicle. That's bad sad.gif
5LiterMustang
ok, thats one of the main downsides to riding a bike... dumbass drivers.

That said, my dream would be to live close enough to my workplace (somewhere engineering things for Ford tongue.gif) so that i can drive my bike to work and back and not feel worried.
PBB
QUOTE(clarkma5 @ Aug 3 2004, 12:53 AM)
but as it was his ankle was shattered into shards, his legs were broken in several places, as were his ribs, and he lost a testicle. That's bad sad.gif

I thought a person automatically lost a testicle when they said they hated motorcycles. dry.gif
PBB
Gah! The suspense!
Someone please break this tie.
keke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.