Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trabant
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Uncool
LoudPipe

The monument of DDR with its funny sounding 2-stroke engine. IMO this is a seriously cool car
DakianDelomast
On the fence. It looks a little too much like a Ford Anglia to me.
clarkma5
Uncool...I never got their appeal. They're just old pieces of trash to me.
jump
If you drove down the road. No-one would know what it is. Therefore its M-J uncool.
Mr b00st
how's that a bad thing?

hey jump, servers are down again sad.gif
PAULIE_D
I voted uncool ... but can something be so uncool that it actually becomes cool ?? hmmmmmm
fallon
Uncool, while it may have potential, its just too bland and slow for my tastes
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(jump @ Jul 28 2004, 01:52 PM)
If you drove down the road. No-one would know what it is. Therefore its M-J uncool.

what the fuck?

i WANT a car that people wouldn't know what it is. Whats so unappealing about that. Let me guess, you want a skyline, a ferrari, and every other fanboy car ever created.
nismo
I heard most of the body panels are made out of wood.
At Zwickau, a new model was developed, the P70 (P for plastic and 70 for the displacement which is about 700 cc).
This car was the first German small car with plastic body. The name of the material was Duroplast and contained resin, strengthened by wool.
The AWZ P70 debuted at the 1955 Leipzig Fair. Its engine was based on the old F8: two-cylinder, two-stroke, 690 cc, 22 bhp. With this engine the car which weighed 820 kg had a max. speed of 90 km/h. A three-speed asynchronized gearbox was fitted which transmitted the power to the front wheels.
jump
QUOTE(Mr b00st @ Jul 28 2004, 07:42 PM)
how's that a bad thing?

hey jump, servers are down again sad.gif

Therefore no-one will think its cool so its uncool.

I know mate. sad.gif
Perc
Nowadays it's a cool novelty car, but imagine living in eastern Germany back in the late 80s. Western Europe has cool cars such as the Ford Sierra Cosworth, Audi Quattro and the brand new BMW M5 E34... and there you are, driving around in a 27bhp car made of compressed garbage. I would have cried.

But what the heck... it's still cool biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.