Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2000 Mustang Cobra R
Dieselstation Car Forums > The Cool Wall > Legacy Cool Wall > Frozen
DakianDelomast

Yes its a Mustang but a Mustang on steroids. The 4.6 liter engine that normally comes standard in the Mustang was stripped out and replaced with a DOHC 5.4 engine that didn't even fit under the bonnet so they had to make a new one. Side exit exhaust for serious cool factor and a rear independent suspension to bring the old fox body out of the stone age and into the 21st century. It will slam down the dragstrip with its 385 Naturally asperated horsepower or it will boogie down the road course with cars 3/4ths its size. This my friends is an Ice Cold car.
clarkma5
Performance like this is hard to argue with...and I'm not gonna try. That alone would make it ice cold, but the styling tweaks bring it down to cool...they're really far too "in your face" for me.
5LiterMustang
I voted Ice Cold.

My only problem with this car is the pricetag.

In recent years, cars have been coming with a shitload of standard features, which is great, but whatever happened to those good old days where you can option out a car the way you wanted it. Stripped out, with the biggest motor, and a manual transmission. This car comes as close to that as i can remember (except in this case, its more expensive.)

I dont think other people on DS will like it though.
DakianDelomast
Ice Cold is winning 5 liter ;D
LoudPipe
I think the pictures say it all. I wouldn't call this car cool, IMO it's HOT and BRUTAL!!

Still, having no choice I voted Ice Cold
dukenukem
Cobra on steroids ..... i was dreaming about it last night tongue.gif
nismo
i put mj uncool cuz on the second pic look at the exhaust....looks like exhaust tips were welded on after to make the appearance of a bigger pipe
Zlover07
Ice Cold purely because of the performance.
How much did these go for/go for now (if Ford is still manufacturing them, I have no idea)?
clarkma5
it was 2000 model year only, Zlover, and they were very low-production. I think they cost, what, $50k+ when new?
Zlover07
Dammnn, that is a hefty load o dough.
Windshield
QUOTE(Zlover07 @ Jul 28 2004, 08:43 PM)
Dammnn, that is a hefty load o dough.

A total of 300 were made.
2003specv
My tongue just froze to that Ford icecube.

ICE COLD!
fallon
deffinitely Cool, for the price however i would prefer a Saleen coupe
5LiterMustang
QUOTE(nismo34639 @ Jul 28 2004, 04:59 PM)
i put mj uncool cuz on the second pic look at the exhaust....looks like exhaust tips were welded on after to make the appearance of a bigger pipe

look at the muffler on your car.
IL1K3C3R34L
not a fan of the styling or the pricetag. the performance is great, but not enough to get it out of uncool IMB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.