Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just picked up a new canon g5
Dieselstation Car Forums > Multimedia > Photography
intence
just got my new canon g5 like 2 nights ago. seems like an awesome camera that i cant used to its full potential because im a total photography noob. anyways can any of you guys recommend some websites with photography tips like how to set aperture, iso, shutterspeed, white balance etc for night shots or normal shots perhaps. here are my first few pics... and i kno they suck but i hope to get better! its not my car btw.

RedLine
I've just started to photograph, lighting is a major. Around sundown is the perfect time to take pictures. And don't take ALL your pictures standing. Get down, get dirty, croach.
intence
yea i used a mini tripod for those m3 pics. its about like 4 inches off the ground. it was like about an hour or 2 past sundown so i was just testing how my pics would look at night with the default nightmode settings.
fallon
awesome M3, why are the fog lights ductaped over?
Tom
nice car!

nice shots smile.gif look good smile.gif id love to see more smile.gif
intence
i have no idea... its my neighbors m3. its red so i justed wanted to see how photogenic it is. heres some more shots. these are by no means good. i still have no idea how to set the iso, aperture, shutter speed for specific situations. i still dont understand how some people's pictures are so sharp.

mogulmonster
Congrats! I have the same camera, and I absolutely love it.
wild_willy
QUOTE(intence @ May 22 2004, 05:12 AM)
i still dont understand how some people's pictures are so sharp.

have you changed the quality settings?

Nice camera, Cant wait to see some good pics smile.gif
You're gonna have to ask your neighbour if you can take some serious pics of their car biggrin.gif
Diesel
how much is the G5? where did you buy it from? i'm interested in getting a new camera..
PBB
Do you really own an '04 WRX?
intence
i got my camera through amazon.com for $545 and was able to pick it up at a local circuit city. good and fast service. and yes i do own a 04 wrx. how do you know?
PBB
The filenames on the pics:
httttttp://members.cox.net/04wrxaw/101_0119.JPG
cool.gif
Black RSX
I MUST get a new camera!!!!! head.gif

Those Canon G5 Shots are so clear.... I am SOOOOO jealous!!! sad.gif
intence
here are some more. my wrx and friends mcoupe. i still suck at pics. the last two are from your idea black rsx.

clarkma5
Wow, intence, you have a white new-look impreza sedan? User's rides! I love white WRXs thumbs_up.gif
mogulmonster
I like the WRX much more than the M Coupe. That M coupe desperately needs to have an exterior detail job. The paint is worse than on my 95 Aurora.
PBB
WRX wub.gif
That's such a gorgeous car! Please bless us with many more pics of it. biggrin.gif
clarkma5
QUOTE(mogulmonster @ May 23 2004, 06:39 AM)
I like the WRX much more than the M Coupe. That M coupe desperately needs to have an exterior detail job. The paint is worse than on my 95 Aurora.

For a not-new black car, I think it looks pretty good.

That and I love M coupes! Yay for the Z3! Boo BMW for making the awful Z4 to replace it!
White RSX
I love the M-Coupe, I not the Z3.
Tyler4
M-Coupe... Nice pictures. thumbs_up.gif
BlackJack
awesome pics for a noob!! keep it up!
intence
i honestly think i suck compared to something like http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread...highlight=canon which was taken with a G5 as well. im still very terrible at night shots. can anyone give me some tips for taking night shots?
bankE46
yes! another WRX owner! w000t! cool.gif
intence
bored. this macro shot sucks. any tips for for night shots?
Turbodiesel
M COUPE YAYAYAYAYAYYAAYAYa
i love that car
nice pics everyone so far
Ty_
QUOTE(intence @ May 21 2004, 11:12 AM)
i still dont understand how some people's pictures are so sharp.

Photoshop is your friend, here's the exact picture you took, I just photoshopped it.

feel special, i signed up just to show you that lol
Ty_
i got bored this morning and redid another one of your pics

intence
aha cool thanks. what exactly did you do? only thing i ever do is adjust the levels then downsize then sharpen filter.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.