Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gran Turismo 4
Dieselstation Car Forums > Parking Lot > Off Topic
Black RSX
I did a search to see when the game was coming out... and found out a lot of interesting info on GT4.

First... my main question, when is it coming out. Sometime 2004. I am guessing early 2004.

More Screenshots Here

Here are some quick facts on the game:
  • Each course was created using anywhere from 20,000 to 30,000 still photos
  • Each car uses 300 parameters, 150-200 reference photos, and a core professional database to measure real life racing times versus their own AI racing completion times.
  • There will be more than 500 cars in the game, each comprising more than 2,000 to 3,000 polygons per car
  • Environments will feature photo-realistic new courses ranging from all over the world
  • There will be online play!!!
  • Cars range from old classics to current hot rods to old American muscle cars to current sports cars and rally cars

I got all of this info from IGN.com. (From these two articles):
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/429/429322p1.html
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/450/450223p1.html

woot.gif woot.gif woot.gif woot.gif
NorthPoint
I thought the game was coming late November/early December in order to cash in on the Christmas shopping rush.

Some of the cars in the game will be an original 1949 VW Beetle and 50's Bentley Continental, Morris Minor, Renault 4, and possibly even the first automobile ever, the 3-wheel Mercedes-Benz.

No Ferraris or Porsches however since they have exclusive deals with other software manufacturers.
Lee7
needs more 300ZX, i love my 830hp 300ZX from GT3. :heart:
Lee7
oh shit, chevelle eek.gif

Black RSX
QUOTE(Mumriken @ Oct 11 2003, 09:54 AM)
I thought the game was coming late November/early December in order to cash in on the Christmas shopping rush.

I thought so too.... but I don't think it will be ready in time...

This is the most amazing game I have ever seen... I can't believe how much work is being put into it!! No wonder it is taking years and years to finish!!! eek.gif
Talon-TSi
the return of a DSM, w00t, 99 Eclipse GSX.
Lee7
QUOTE(Black RSX @ Oct 11 2003, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE(Mumriken @ Oct 11 2003, 09:54 AM)

I thought so too.... but I don't think it will be ready in time...

This is the most amazing game I have ever seen... I can't believe how much work is being put into it!! No wonder it is taking years and years to finish!!! eek.gif

too bad they didnt put it on XBox or Gamecube. GT3 basically brings the PS2 to its knees in graphics rendering power, XBox would have been a MUCH more suitible platform, and XBox's touch-sensative buttons on thier controllers work alot better than the PS2 ones. But, the gameplay should still kick ass, i am definatly going to get it.
5LiterMustang

fiber optic
Am I going to have to go get a playstation now? Those screens look AMAZING. eek.gif

I see Project Gotham 2 in my future for sure.
Black RSX
I have owned PS2 ever since GT3 came out... and I still only own one game. I am so excited to buy my 2nd one in 2004!!! biggrin.gif
fiber optic
QUOTE(Black RSX @ Oct 11 2003, 11:02 AM)
I have owned PS2 ever since GT3 came out... and I still only own one game. I am so excited to buy my 2nd one in 2004!!! biggrin.gif

I was going to break down and get one for offroad fury 2. But Sony and I have a bad track record so I dunno.
Lee7
QUOTE(Black RSX @ Oct 11 2003, 04:02 PM)

lol funny thing is i went and bought GT3 a couple days ago, and was trying to decide on if i should buy a PS2 or not to play it, since its still 180$ i said fuck it, i would rather have an XBox for the same price, or a Gamecube for 99$

I just go over my freind house and play GT3 whenever nobody is on the PS2... which is not very often. sad.gif
Black RSX
I NEVER play video games.... I am not really into it anymore... I ONLY play GT3 and soon to be GT4.

It is not really a game anyways... it is a simulation!!! biggrin.gif

GT4 is going to come with a Steering wheel, Pedals and a SHIFTER!!! I will NEVER leave my home!!! tard.gif
Talon-TSi
its the only reason i still have a PS2, it never being touched until then, i am scared it will break down lik soo many others of my friends have,
bankE46
QUOTE(Syk0tiK @ Oct 11 2003, 11:55 AM)
too bad they didnt put it on XBox or Gamecube. GT3 basically brings the PS2 to its knees in graphics rendering power, XBox would have been a MUCH more suitible platform

actually, i read on the gamespot interview with the developers that gran turismo 4 is not maxing the capabilities of the PS2. they could go further and keep a steady framerate, but the work involved is impractical.
fallon
a lot of those pics of the game look real, thats awesome.
anyone know if there will be damage in it? i'd really like that added

also i went to a video game store in a mall near me and they said gt4 was comming out in april
Lee7
QUOTE(bankieWRX @ Oct 11 2003, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE(Syk0tiK @ Oct 11 2003, 11:55 AM)
too bad they didnt put it on XBox or Gamecube. GT3 basically brings the PS2 to its knees in graphics rendering power, XBox would have been a MUCH more suitible platform

actually, i read on the gamespot interview with the developers that gran turismo 4 is not maxing the capabilities of the PS2. they could go further and keep a steady framerate, but the work involved is impractical.

they probably optimized it, when GT3 first came out i remember seeing an article about how it was hard for them to get it to run good on the PS2.
ricta53mm
i was looking around motor trend's website, saw this: http://www.motortrend.com/features/games/1...2_0310_gt4_bts/

bikes?
Cyclone
Yep, looks like I'll buy another PS2
Tirminyl
I boguht my PS2 because of GT3. I just can't wait until GT4 comes out.

Syk0tiK- My 300zx (which I love) has 900hp+. That was sweet. My new ride now is my FTO LM Edition.
bankE46
im pimpin the F094/S. that thing is a BULLET! and the 787B is my weekend cruiser. cool.gif
DakianDelomast
787B has the BEST exhaust note EVER.
PAULIE_D
Will this be released for PS2 or is there a next-gen PS console coming out shortly ?
Black RSX
QUOTE(PAULIE_D @ Oct 15 2003, 12:07 AM)
Will this be released for PS2 or is there a next-gen PS console coming out shortly ?

It is going to be released for PS2.
NorthPoint
The Playstation 3 from what I have heard will be coming out in 2005. Wouldn't be surprised if they get it out for the Christmas season 2004 though.
Viper007Bond
If it's gonna be on console, then I don't care about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.